A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »"Windows 10 Feature Update 1709" breaks fullscreen. Here's the fix.

Author Topic: "Windows 10 Feature Update 1709" breaks fullscreen. Here's the fix. (1 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Bungie LLC

friendly neighborhood contrarian funposter

Posted: Nov 20, 2017 04:00 AM    Msg. 1 of 1       
Downloaded the big update just two days ago. Since then, trying to run Halo in fullscreen has caused a weird glitch to occur after launch where the game itself appears to be in it's regular state, but is shifted upwards and slightly out of bounds on my 16:9 1080p monitor, and for whatever reason, my taskbar is still shown slightly at the bottom of my screen, halfway obscured by the borderless Halo window.

After several hours worth of troubleshooting, I figured out the issue is linked to "Fullscreen Optimizations" in the program's compatibility settings. After disabling Fullscreen Optimizations and applying the changes, the problem was solved, and Halo now behaves properly, as it did before the update.

Just posting this here in case I'm not the only user running into this problem.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed December 13, 2017 4:33 AM 204 ms.
A Halo Maps Website