A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Not sure if I change the ai in my modded tagset

Author Topic: Not sure if I change the ai in my modded tagset (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Sargent 0

Accurate Depiction of me. ↑

Posted: Nov 25, 2017 01:15 PM    Msg. 1 of 3       
Ok I'm making a unique tagset where every character in the game can hold any weapon. For example, an elite holding an assault rifle or a grunt with an energy sword(not sure that would work but wait and see). This will be my first mod. I have made significant progress all ready(I made every elite rank have a sword varient). So, you know how a gold sword elite gives a war cry before he strikes you down and when elites are low on health, they beserk? I want to remove them because they slow the elite down and they are sitting ducks for a couple seconds. Thats a huge flaw ,in the ai of elites. They're not even supposed to berserk,like brutes, they are meant to fight till the end. However, at the same time i want the ai and health of everything to be completely original and untouched. So, I am not sure wether I remove the berserk ai mode in elites or not. Anyone who's reading please give a suggestion below

Edited by Sargent 0 on Nov 25, 2017 at 01:18 PM
Edited by Sargent 0 on Nov 25, 2017 at 01:19 PM

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Nov 25, 2017 09:32 PM    Msg. 2 of 3       
They do it on purpose because it gives you a telegraphing moment. Don't remove it even if it makes them seem like "sitting ducks" for that half second. Make it so that they see you from further away and that the player has adequate time and indication to see that they're marching towards you.
Edited by R93_Sniper on Nov 25, 2017 at 09:32 PM

Sargent 0

Accurate Depiction of me. ↑

Posted: Nov 26, 2017 01:35 AM    Msg. 3 of 3       
Yeah I was thinking about keeping the beserk ai mode. Thank you for your suggestion. So your saying the sword elite should berserk farther away to give an indication to the player that an elite is going to brutally beat them to a pulp if they dont act fast.
Edited by Sargent 0 on Nov 26, 2017 at 01:38 AM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed December 13, 2017 4:33 AM 156 ms.
A Halo Maps Website