A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »The Thros' Alsthetic Two Betrayals Released!

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: The Thros' Alsthetic Two Betrayals Released! (37 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

the concerned thros

Posted: Nov 29, 2017 05:50 AM    Msg. 1 of 37       

It's finally here and done (By that I mean I'm too lazy to continue adding more new content in it and It would most likely still have bugs) After a recent return to Halo last month I have no Idea on what to do and I felt like the tags that I have done back in 2015 weren't really used that much and I thought to myself that It could probably be the time to put them to use but then again I felt lazy so I modded c40 using my content but this is isn't some simple tag swapping I've added a few twists in the original level so It feels like a newer and different level and this is something I've done in just a week and a half cause I am lazy and have other priorities so I don't want you to expect so much from this but maybe I'll do something better next time if I have all the free time and motivation.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Notes :
-Human and Elite Combat Forms aren't the same vanilla flood in the original campaign, they now they take cover and evade and throw grenades.
-Brute Combat Forms differ from the Human and Elite Combat Forms. They move faster and melee faster but they don't resurrect.
-The Flood Carrier carries more infection forms.
-The Flood Juggernaut carries Brute Combat Forms and Carrier Forms.
-The Flood Combat Forms and Juggernaut can be headshotted.
-The Combat Forms are destroyable and deal minimum damage, If they are destroyed while still alive they don't drop weapons and I couldn't do something about this. (X)
-Plasma weapons and the sentinel beam deals more damage to the flood like in Halo 3.
-The major Sentinel beam sets objects on fire.
-The Brute's helmets can be destroyed and leaving them vulnerable to headshots even if they still have their power armor and this also applies to the chieftains.
-The firebomb grenade works differently and more weirdly and I didn't spend time to fix it. (X)
-The Flood Juggernaut and Tank is more likely to be just bullet sponge chargers and has nothing special to them due to lack of tweaking to their actors and lack of animations. (X)
-The Flood Ranged Form lacks animations. (X)
-You will never ran out of heavy weaponry and resources and this is something that removes the challenge even tho the encounters gets harder. (X)
-Sometimes the checkpoints don't save and you will likely return to a more earlier checkpoint so make sure you clear all the encounters and don't skip, skipping the enemies ruins the whole purpose of the game. This is an fps not a racing game.
-Easy Difficulty has been removed and replace with a different normal difficulty where the enemies are more skilled while still retaining the normal damage modifier.
-Even tho the changes on easy, legendary is still the hardest.

Additional Information :
This won't be my last release even tho I'm gonna take another short break, I still have a few more projects in mind and I will do a more proper release of my tags, my tags aren't really that straightfoward to use and I'm just making sure that they are If I release it.

Guides :
-This requires Open Sauce 4.0 which also requires your Halo CE is updated to 1.10
-Best played on the highest graphic settings cause my content relies on OS's shader extensions too look good.
-Best played on 90-100 degree FOV if on 16:10, 16:9 resolution and 70 if 4:3.

Credits :
Bungie
Gearbox Software
343 Industries
Denyusha
Autodesk
Adobe
Gravemind

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CMT
ZTeam
Giraffe/Not Giraffe/L283023/Larry/Esteban
Rodolfo/Rododo93
Ivan Capponi/Final444h
ImBrokeRU
Soldier11
Kirby422
And the rest I forgot to mention.

Contact Information :

My Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/wowangtangamo
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Altehros
My Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/user/Altehros
My Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/basuraguy/
My Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/bestsellerngputanginamo

DOWNLOAD LINK HERE -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hy1oelnlzxadoup/ALSTHETICTwo%20Betrayals.rar?dl=0
Edited by the concerned thros on Dec 2, 2017 at 12:33 AM
Edited by the concerned thros on Dec 2, 2017 at 11:29 AM

ScarFOx

This twisted game needs to be reset - Pixy 1995

Posted: Nov 29, 2017 04:28 PM    Msg. 2 of 37       
ODSTSPV3

lolslayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Posted: Nov 29, 2017 06:29 PM    Msg. 3 of 37       
"-This requires Open Sauce 4.0 which also requires your Halo CE is updated to 1.10"

I KNEW IT

PS Looks interesting
Edited by lolslayer on Nov 29, 2017 at 06:32 PM

the concerned thros

Posted: Nov 30, 2017 01:49 AM    Msg. 4 of 37       
Checkout rcg's livestream for gameplay footage!.
https://youtu.be/b3VzOMpqN1o

Bungie LLC

friendly neighborhood contrarian funposter

Posted: Nov 30, 2017 03:57 AM    Msg. 5 of 37       
[friendly bump]

the concerned thros

Posted: Dec 1, 2017 06:30 AM    Msg. 6 of 37       
Even tho everyone didn't give an F and I feel unrecognized and underappreciated even tho I am the god and I make better looking stuff than most of the community and yet their crap still gets more recognition cause the halo community in general is garbage since Reach arrived got worse when 343i took over. I wanna add a few more notes. "Alsthetic" means aesthetic in my way, the god Altheros way.

I forgot to mention these.
-Flood Combat Forms and the Flood Juggernaut can be headshot.
-The map is protected but you can bypass that, there is an easter egg in-game that has the password to unprotect the map.

I always want you guys to spread the word and make gameplay and walkthroughs of the mod and I wanna it to get spreaded out there.

rcghalohell

I can jump?Weeeee (pop!) (No1 heard from it again)

Posted: Dec 1, 2017 04:23 PM    Msg. 7 of 37       
good stuff, livestreamed earlier

the concerned thros

Posted: Dec 2, 2017 12:37 AM    Msg. 8 of 37       
The download has been temporarily removed and It will be updated with a newer version of the mod with added content and mechanics.

lolslayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Posted: Dec 2, 2017 10:36 AM    Msg. 9 of 37       
nice

the concerned thros

Posted: Dec 2, 2017 11:28 AM    Msg. 10 of 37       
Update is cancelled because..

The link of the current working version has been restored. Note that some users have a problem opening the file, just redownload it if your file gets corrupted.
Download link here.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hy1oelnlzxadoup/ALSTHETICTwo%20Betrayals.rar?dl=0

cippozzo

"I... I am a monument to all your sins."

Posted: Dec 2, 2017 01:06 PM    Msg. 11 of 37       
WTF YOU'RE CRAZY
You should add a third 'fist' only melee weapon unchangable, with special middle finger action.
Nice nice nice work!!

the concerned thros

Posted: Dec 2, 2017 01:37 PM    Msg. 12 of 37       
Amore

cancer

Posted: Dec 16, 2017 03:08 AM    Msg. 13 of 37       
what a nice mod very undderated https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA4kZS_5dRQ

the concerned thros

Posted: Jan 16, 2018 08:14 PM    Msg. 14 of 37       
Disappointed

ScarFOx

Posted: Mar 12, 2018 03:52 PM    Msg. 15 of 37       
I did a vid of this too :v https://youtu.be/jPE-jrpNyfM

BayBounty

Posted: Mar 13, 2018 12:58 AM    Msg. 16 of 37       
This mod has single has single handedly broke both my spv3 and halo ce at the same time and caused me to re-download both multiple time to attempt to get the map to simply load without a hard freeze or exception error, I got it to load once in total and when I quit and tried to load it again it did the same thing...this mod is complete garbage.

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Mar 13, 2018 01:54 AM    Msg. 17 of 37       
It shouldn't break your SPV3 install, since that is now something separate from CE,

BayBounty

Posted: Mar 13, 2018 12:15 PM    Msg. 18 of 37       
I was able to play it by having it being the only map on my ce map load order... AFTER I reinstalled both opensauce, ce, and spv3 7! times over because each time I tried to play it when it crashed equated on both my ce and spv3 not being able to load a map at all and practically broke the game... I've since not cared because it wasn't even that good of a map...

the concerned thros

Posted: Mar 13, 2018 06:51 PM    Msg. 19 of 37       
Lol this is a god's mod you are either retarded or just blind to know what good really is and you can't blame me for your disgusting messy CE installs and you're the only one having this issue. I am god what I do is gold and what you are is trash for screwing up your own game.

BayBounty

Posted: Mar 13, 2018 08:08 PM    Msg. 20 of 37       
Messy Install's? Yes a perfectly newly downloaded ce is a messy download with absolutely zero additional files... and your mod caused it to still freeze and lock up... 7 times, your mod is good and is impressive-ish with it's addons to the already done campaign mission, but the effort to get it working was absolutely retarded and calling this mod gold and yourself god is hopefully a bad attempt at a joke.

Reshirom200

u wot m8

Posted: Mar 14, 2018 05:26 PM    Msg. 21 of 37       
Eh, it wasnt that bad, i dont quite know why but i just dont really like reach styled tags or mods
(it was actually a really good take on the classic betrayals, i kind of wish that floods were in reach now)

the concerned thros

Posted: Mar 16, 2018 12:00 PM    Msg. 22 of 37       
Quote: --- Original message by: BayBounty
Messy Install's? Yes a perfectly newly downloaded ce is a messy download with absolutely zero additional files... and your mod caused it to still freeze and lock up... 7 times, your mod is good and is impressive-ish with it's addons to the already done campaign mission, but the effort to get it working was absolutely retarded and calling this mod gold and yourself god is hopefully a bad attempt at a joke.

Everybody got it working except you so I don't know. How much cocaine (Like your parents would even allow you with such a drug) did you take to say that The god's golden mod is a joke but I get it you're retarded so I guess I'll just accept your parent's mistakes for not giving you enough chromosomes.

BayBounty

Posted: Mar 16, 2018 02:17 PM    Msg. 23 of 37       
This man is salty because his pwecious mod got trashed on for being criticized, it's the internet wittle man, grow up... you'll get criticism no matter how "good" or "flawless" you think your mod is. If you think i'm the only one that has had a problem akin to this then you need a reality check because not every joe that downloads and attempts to play your mod is going to come onto the forums a talk about it, your little pathetic stabs at insults only go to show your insecure stature on how you cannot take the slightest bit of criticism on your "golden" baby that you worked "oh so hard on", too screwed up in real life so your pathetic psyche calls yourself god on the internet to make your fragile mind feel better, so go take your ignorant ego somewhere else where you won't embarrass yourself you pathetic man and get up and go make your life out of something instead of trash talking in your living room apartment that hasn't been cleaned in three weeks.

the concerned thros

Posted: Mar 16, 2018 08:53 PM    Msg. 24 of 37       
Lol why are you so retarded? The thing is, I'm god and this is a golden mod and you can't make it work because I don't know you're retarded maybe? Actually I live in my parent's attic.

HandofGod

Halo Mac/MD Player & Modder

Posted: Mar 16, 2018 09:16 PM    Msg. 25 of 37       
Quote: --- Original message by: the concerned thros
Lol why are you so retarded? The thing is, I'm god and this is a golden mod and you can't make it work because I don't know you're retarded maybe? Actually I live in my parent's attic.

Maybe you could be nicer and walk through how to get your mod working for him via PM. Otherwise I see a warning or ban from Dennis coming your way again

Edited by HandofGod on Mar 16, 2018 at 09:20 PM

ScarFOx

Posted: Mar 16, 2018 11:23 PM    Msg. 26 of 37       
De god

BioGoji1989

Posted: Mar 16, 2018 11:41 PM    Msg. 27 of 37       
Well, I haven't had any problems installing this map in my Halo CE folder, although I always remove any .map file in my maps folder and place it in a holding folder until I'm done with all .yelo maps of the same name. That's how I avoid having problems with playing the game.

However, I do have a few nitpicks with this mod. First, the new grenade option doesn't work for me. I can never access it, even though I can pick up those new grenades.

Second, and this is the thing which grieves me the most, the flashlight does not work. I'm sorry, but given that this level takes place at night, there should be a working flashlight.

I'm of mixed feelings about the ODST model used for the Chief. One on hand, it's a really good gbx model with fantastic shaders and lighting. On the other hand, I would have liked to see a Spartan model that looked like, you know, MJOLNIR armor. But, hey, if it works then it works. Besides, technically, having an ODST model means that we get to see the Chief's hands for the first time ever (even if it ain't canon).

I found the additions of new enemies (such as the Heretic or Artifact Retrieval Elites and the various Halo 3 pure Flood forms) to be pretty neat. Having played CMT's campaign mods, as well as SOI's mod, I'm not as amazed by the appearance of the big sentinels any more, but they're still a nice addition.

All in all, I give the map an 8/10 score. I find it to be really entertaining, especially the Brutes' dialogue, and Cortana's various gestures during her confrontation with Spark at the beginning, and I adore the Reach models used for the Covenant. I also enjoy that one new piece of music that pops up during the underground tunnel section. I'm sure that this music must come from some adventure game, but I have no idea what game that is. I found it odd at first, but it soon grew on me the more I played the mod.

So, while it isn't perfect, the mod is still pretty good, at least in my opinion.
Edited by BioGoji1989 on Mar 16, 2018 at 11:43 PM

BayBounty

Posted: Mar 18, 2018 03:13 AM    Msg. 28 of 37       
The mod is FINE but this guy is a joke, "Oh I am GOD and my mod is GOLDEN" get outta here ya pansy, take your clown show somewhere else and actually say something productive, or is this what you do to all people that criticize your mod for having technical problems... that breaks games... 7 times... in a row... Yes, your mod is so golden, give it a grammy for most broken file of the year.

the concerned thros

Posted: Mar 18, 2018 11:32 AM    Msg. 29 of 37       

Reshirom200

u wot m8

Posted: Mar 18, 2018 12:35 PM    Msg. 30 of 37       
much salt in dis area

Zombieslayer008

Posted: Apr 15, 2018 05:01 AM    Msg. 31 of 37       
What I like:
*Most things feel original and not just a asset from Halo Combat Evolved but remodeled and stats are different
*More encounters, weapons, stuff like that
*Graphics are good
*Shrek

What I don't like:
*The needler is worse than what it was
*The spiker is terrible
*Spike grenades are terrible
*Plasma grenades got a huge nerf
*Spike grenade needle projectiles don't seem to do damage, infection forms survive them
*You can destroy the infection form inside a combat form but the combat form will still be alive
*Infection forms have footsteps
*Carrier forms don't have a death animation

Things that confuse me:
*I don't think heretic elites make sense to have in Halo CE

*This combat form is my ally

*This thing

Rating
8.69/10 Better than blood gulch mods

Halo Noob Modder117

I guess I'm just going to have to rip your tags

Posted: Apr 17, 2018 06:32 AM    Msg. 32 of 37       
*This thing
https://i.imgur.com/ta3SL1Z.png

Ouch... That poor ODST's wrist looks like its fractured with a dislocation...

HattyHattington

Probably Goldkilla88

Posted: May 7, 2018 11:02 PM    Msg. 33 of 37       
protecting maps in 2018? for shame, my friend

The Gravemind

I Am The Monument To All Your Sins

Posted: Jul 27, 2018 03:05 AM    Msg. 34 of 37       
Hey um... I found the easteregg accidentally while exploring the map but I forgot that Hek plus sucks at exporting .yelo maps and now all the os shaders are corrupted. I do have to say this is definitely one of my favorite maps and it deserves more attention.

SBB_Michelle

Floof

Posted: Jul 28, 2018 08:23 PM    Msg. 35 of 37       
Use refinery ffs, refinery is a way better tag extractor, and if it screws up a tag, you can tell the creator or a contributor and it can be really easily fixed. They'll just tell you when to update, you update when they tell you, and it's fixed.

Get it here:

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=50076

or here:

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=50573

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu October 18, 2018 1:56 AM 313 ms.
A Halo Maps Website