A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Are there any tools to edit scripts in campaign maps?

Author Topic: Are there any tools to edit scripts in campaign maps? (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Generalkidd

Posted: Dec 6, 2017 04:42 AM    Msg. 1 of 5       
I'm trying to do a very simple mod for the last level of Halo, The Maw. I want to make the final cutscene skippable but it seems like the only way to do that is through script editing. Are there any tools out there that would let me edit the scripts without using Custom Edition? I've tried HHT and Eschaton but none of them let me edit the scripts. Or if anyone knows another way to skip the final cutscene on the Maw that'd work too. The reason why I don't want to use any Custom Edition tools is because I'm actually doing this on the Halo Anniversary version of the map. Halo PC modding tools actually work on Halo Anniversary maps for the most part which is why I'm hoping there's a script editor out there that works for just the campaign maps and doesn't need Custom Edition.

Pepzee

Posted: Dec 6, 2017 10:50 PM    Msg. 2 of 5       
Even within the scope of Halo: Custom Edition I do not know of anyway to modify the scripts of a map while it is running. So I am fairly sure to say that tools probably don't exist for regular Halo: PC or other Halo games. The only way to modify scripts in Halo: Custom Edition that I know of is to decompile the map, extract the scripts and edit them, then recompile the map and restart Halo: CE.

It's not the answer you want to hear, but the only one I know.

Generalkidd

Posted: Dec 7, 2017 12:02 AM    Msg. 3 of 5       
Quote: --- Original message by: Pepzee
Even within the scope of Halo: Custom Edition I do not know of anyway to modify the scripts of a map while it is running. So I am fairly sure to say that tools probably don't exist for regular Halo: PC or other Halo games. The only way to modify scripts in Halo: Custom Edition that I know of is to decompile the map, extract the scripts and edit them, then recompile the map and restart Halo: CE.

Hmm alright and I assume there's no other way to modify a cutscene? All I'm looking to do is make the final cutscene skippable.

Pepzee

Posted: Dec 9, 2017 12:48 AM    Msg. 4 of 5       
Quote: --- Original message by: Generalkidd
Quote: --- Original message by: Pepzee

Hmm alright and I assume there's no other way to modify a cutscene? All I'm looking to do is make the final cutscene skippable.

Not that I am aware of. Bungie developed actual script code allowed some of the cutscenes skippable in other missions, but this code would have to be extracted and modified to work on that cutscene.

The only thing I could even remotely think of is to try to somehow alert the player to quit the map before the cutscene started hence "skipping" it.

DeadHamster

Posted: Dec 9, 2017 03:25 PM    Msg. 5 of 5       
Conure edited scripts in D40.map, without the HEK, back in 2010.

For Pepsi's FTW2 mod he got conure to remove the script that controlled the countdown timer, so you could freely explore the last sections of D40 without being rushed.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat December 16, 2017 3:55 PM 360 ms.
A Halo Maps Website