A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »How do you spawn specific Marine permutations?

Author Topic: How do you spawn specific Marine permutations? (12 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Generalkidd

Posted: Dec 6, 2017 02:37 PM    Msg. 1 of 12       
I'm trying to spawn the marine with gutted torso in Halo CE. It's in the campaign missions on a couple missions, it's basically the marine version of the Elite with the gutted torso on the mission 343 Guilty Spark. I don't know how to spawn that specific variation of the marine though. I don't need it to have AI or anything. Just simply spawning it like shooting a biped out of a pistol would do.

bingo

Posted: Dec 6, 2017 07:58 PM    Msg. 2 of 12       
That's just a scenery model. It's not a biped that can stand up on it's own and do anything. Though somebody might have turned it into a biped and uploaded it so search around.

Are you karia007?

Generalkidd

Posted: Dec 6, 2017 08:37 PM    Msg. 3 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: bingo
That's just a scenery model. It's not a biped that can stand up on it's own and do anything. Though somebody might have turned it into a biped and uploaded it so search around.

Are you karia007?

Nah I'm not karia007. Also I'm pretty sure the marine isn't a scenery object. For example, that mangled elite, it's in characters/elite/elite_corpse as a separate model but the marine's torso isn't. It's stored in A10.map the same way the various faces are, however, I don't know how to get a certain face (and in this case torso) to spawn in.

I have a picture at this link of what the marine looks like and how you can apply different variations of the marine included the one with the gutted torso. I'm new to this forum so I can't directly post the picture but here's a link to it: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/344330216765784066/388031067812003840/image.png
Edited by Generalkidd on Dec 6, 2017 at 08:39 PM

MatthewDratt

CE3 - Takedown - HaloCE3.com

Posted: Dec 6, 2017 08:55 PM    Msg. 4 of 12       
When placing a biped theres a spot for "desired permutation".

Look in the model. The permutation is usually numbered

Generalkidd

Posted: Dec 7, 2017 12:18 AM    Msg. 5 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
When placing a biped theres a spot for "desired permutation".

Look in the model. The permutation is usually numbered

How do I do that? The modding tools and editors I've used don't have that option it seems. I'm using HHT and Eschaton and I don't see the option to change the permutation in the bipeds. I looked into SparkEdit but I have no idea how to use that or if that's even the right tool for this.

Isxz

MrChromed

Posted: Dec 7, 2017 10:30 AM    Msg. 6 of 12       
Alright. I managed to edit the gbxmodel, so you can use the Marine with gutted torso. The thing is: you can only spawn that permutation. So, all the Marines will have the gutted torso. I don't know if that may help you. I don't know how to modding with Halo PC. I edited this using the HEK for Custom Edition, but I guess you know how to inject models in Halo PC (iirc, that's possible).

Anyways, here's the link for the gbxmodel: https://www.mediafire.com/file/a9615fig2ie6kim/marine_armored.rar

MatthewDratt

Posted: Dec 7, 2017 06:47 PM    Msg. 7 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: Generalkidd
I'm using HHT and Eschaton

well that's your issue
Edited by MatthewDratt on Dec 7, 2017 at 06:47 PM

Generalkidd

Posted: Dec 7, 2017 08:37 PM    Msg. 8 of 12       

well that's your issue

What would you recommend I use then? I'm not too familiar with many other Halo PC modding tools.

MatthewDratt

Posted: Dec 7, 2017 11:32 PM    Msg. 9 of 12       

well that's your issue

What would you recommend I use then?

Halo Custom Edition + HEK

Generalkidd

Posted: Dec 7, 2017 11:40 PM    Msg. 10 of 12       

well that's your issue

There's nothing simpler for the PC version? I've never used the HEK before and I was hoping to spawn that marine I could just do a projectile swap or something simple along those lines.

not giraffe

Posted: Dec 8, 2017 10:59 AM    Msg. 11 of 12       

well that's your issue

There's nothing simpler for the PC version? I've never used the HEK before and I was hoping to spawn that marine I could just do a projectile swap or something simple along those lines.

This forum is for Halo CE, where CE stands for Custom Edition, not Combat Evolved.

Pepzee

Posted: Dec 9, 2017 12:41 AM    Msg. 12 of 12       
There's nothing simpler for the PC version?

Unfortunately I don't believe so. Halo PC was released without any modding capabilities whatsoever. This was done with the intent that Gearbox would come back after Halo PC was released and create Halo Custom Edition that would allow for mods.

So any editing on Halo PC that can be done tend to be rather simple tools that do hacks instead of actual mods. What you are trying to do with permutations is starting to go beyond the hacking capability of some of those programs.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat December 16, 2017 3:55 PM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website