A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »How do I block interpolation on my server?

Author Topic: How do I block interpolation on my server? (28 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Jam

Posted: Dec 11, 2017 12:14 PM    Msg. 1 of 28       
I know you can block sightjacker on SAPP to keep people from cheating with it, but is there a script or SAPP command to turn off interpolation? I want the experience to be as fair as possible.

please and thank you :)

altis94

What doesn't ban me makes me stronger

Posted: Dec 11, 2017 02:25 PM    Msg. 2 of 28       
Play on xbox instead.

Isxz

MrChromed

Posted: Dec 11, 2017 03:37 PM    Msg. 3 of 28       
Quote: --- Original message by: altis94
Play on xbox instead.

il Duce Primo

CMT Team Leader

Posted: Dec 11, 2017 05:25 PM    Msg. 4 of 28       
Why don't you look into blocking setting resolution higher that normal.

lolslayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Posted: Dec 11, 2017 06:21 PM    Msg. 5 of 28       
Quote: --- Original message by: il Duce Primo
Why don't you look into blocking setting resolution higher that normal.

^
Interpolation will give a slight advantage to the people with 60FPS over the people with 30FPS, but it also gives just a more enjoyable experience overall, taking away that more enjoyable experience just to get it slightly more balanced isn't fair. (Just like with the resolution example)

Lateksi

Posted: Dec 11, 2017 10:10 PM    Msg. 6 of 28       
Quote: --- Original message by: altis94
Play on xbox instead.

KVOND

A.K.A -The Rock Candy-

Posted: Dec 13, 2017 09:38 PM    Msg. 7 of 28       
Why?, since you're on a disadvantage with interpolation because your game is one tick behind anyways.

Following your kind of mentality, why not lock FOV or Graphic settings like explosions and banning config.txt modifications such as DART for everyone uh?

you really want it to be as fair as possible?

ok, then lock everyone to the same FPS, same graphics settings, same resolution, same FOV, oh, yes, go play the xbox versions of the game where everything is the same for all and thus more "fair".

pls, go KYS
Edited by KVOND on Dec 14, 2017 at 03:57 PM

Bungie LLC

friendly neighborhood contrarian funposter

Posted: Dec 14, 2017 02:30 AM    Msg. 8 of 28       
lol

Posted: Dec 15, 2017 01:55 PM    Msg. 9 of 28       
I am planning on open sourcing Chimera in the near future. After I do so, you will be able to remove interpolation, yourself. You can then dispatch this modified code to everyone who joins your server and set a password on your server so people who have the official version cannot join.

Hope that solves your problem.

Edited by 002 on Dec 15, 2017 at 01:55 PM

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Dec 15, 2017 03:32 PM    Msg. 10 of 28       
Quote: --- Original message by: 002

I am planning on open sourcing Chimera in the near future. After I do so, you will be able to remove interpolation, yourself. You can then dispatch this modified code to everyone who joins your server and set a password on your server so people who have the official version cannot join.

I feel like you shouldnt bother allowing that. If people want to turn off interpolation, it should be clientside. Having a serverside restriction for whats effectively a cosmetic mod does nothing helpful to anyone
Edited by R93_Sniper on Dec 15, 2017 at 03:33 PM

Posted: Dec 15, 2017 03:55 PM    Msg. 11 of 28       
Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper

I feel like you shouldnt bother allowing that. If people want to turn off interpolation, it should be clientside. Having a serverside restriction for whats effectively a cosmetic mod does nothing helpful to anyone

What I am saying is that Jam can simply download the source code and modify it, then give it to clients. Why someone would actually want to download Chimera without one of its key features is beyond my comprehension, of course.

While I won't disallow it, I'm not going to support such mods, either.

Edited by 002 on Dec 15, 2017 at 03:56 PM

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Dec 15, 2017 04:18 PM    Msg. 12 of 28       

What I am saying is that Jam can simply download the source code and modify it, then give it to clients. Why someone would actually want to download Chimera without one of its key features is beyond my comprehension, of course.

Fair enough. I can get behind that

Jam

Posted: Dec 16, 2017 12:50 PM    Msg. 13 of 28       

the hac2 author went through with making sightjacker (a feature that can give an unfair advantage) blockable with sapp. you made chimera so this should be YOUR responsibility not mine

lolslayer

Posted: Dec 17, 2017 04:39 PM    Msg. 14 of 28       
Quote: --- Original message by: Jam

the hac2 author went through with making sightjacker (a feature that can give an unfair advantage) blockable with sapp. you made chimera so this should be YOUR responsibility not mine

You're the only one seeing a problem in this, even when it's in reality not even a problem (like somebody said before, it's actually a disadvantage compared to others), it's not his responsibility at all

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Dec 17, 2017 04:56 PM    Msg. 15 of 28       

the hac2 author went through with making sightjacker (a feature that can give an unfair advantage) blockable with sapp. you made chimera so this should be YOUR responsibility
not mine

Translation: Waaah, waaah! The developer isnt doing what i'm saying! I keep thinking that something gives an unfair advantage when it doesn't, but nobody believes me! He gave me a solution but i'm too lazy to do anything myself! Waaaaaah!

Get over yourself. You have your solution, do something about it. If you dont like it, tough luck.

Lateksi

Posted: Dec 22, 2017 10:39 AM    Msg. 16 of 28       

That's just... wrong. Also, interpolation doesn't really even give you an advantage, it just makes the game easier on the eyes.

Quote: --- Original message by: KVOND
why not lock Graphic settings like explosions and banning config.txt modifications such as DART for everyone uh?

This is a far better idea for competitive server rules.

Posted: Dec 22, 2017 11:26 AM    Msg. 17 of 28       

Following your kind of mentality, why not lock FOV or Graphic settings like explosions and banning config.txt modifications such as DART for everyone uh?
Edited by KVOND on Dec 14, 2017 at 03:57 PM

Presently, Chimera doesn't lock particles or DART, but it can report their status to the server if the server is running a certain unreleased mod.

The only valid reason to turn off particles is to hide explosions, giving you a gameplay advantage over those who have them off. If you turn them off because you don't want to see the particles from weapons, Chimera can turn those off without affecting other effects.

Also, don't tell me your PC is old or too slow for particles. My late-2012 MacBook Air, a laptop that was pretty low-end graphically even when it came out, can handle Halo at 720p 100 FPS max settings with chimera_interpolate set to high (8). If your PC is so much slower than a 5-year-old low-end Mac that it can't even handle the Low particles setting, then upgrade; you have much bigger problems than a particles setting.

As for DART, yes, it does make the camo a little more visible, but I'm not anal over that as what some are, as this can be mitigated easily.

Jam

Posted: Dec 24, 2017 03:24 PM    Msg. 18 of 28       

the hac2 author went through with making sightjacker (a feature that can give an unfair advantage) blockable with sapp. you made chimera so this should be YOUR responsibility
not mine

Translation: Waaah, waaah! The developer isnt doing what i'm saying! I keep thinking that something gives an unfair advantage when it doesn't, but nobody believes me! He gave me a solution but i'm too lazy to do anything myself! Waaaaaah!

Get over yourself. You have your solution, do something about it. If you dont like it, tough luck.

idk if you noticed but 002s suggestion requires programming knowledge to understand. it should be 002's job to make it not give an unfair advantage because he made it. maybe I wouldn't complain if hac2 had it because everyone has hac2 while only a few people even know chimera exists

too bad 002 didnt get btcc22 to put it on hac2. just wanted to be selfish and take the credit for himself with no concern for if his work would break the game

Quote: --- Original message by: Lateksi
it just makes the game easier on the eyes.

even if that was the only thing it did that's still an advantage lol

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Dec 24, 2017 05:02 PM    Msg. 19 of 28       
How about you collect all the complaints of your users and put them on here so it doesn't look like you're the only one who thinks Chimera makes the experience significantly unfair. Unless of course, they aren't complaining because they aren't hardcore MLG players who can take advantage of that 1.7 milliseconds where a gun muzzle appears around the corner sooner. In which case get over yourself.
Edited by MosesofEgypt on Dec 24, 2017 at 06:36 PM

Jam

Posted: Dec 28, 2017 03:12 PM    Msg. 20 of 28       
Quote: --- Original message by: MosesofEgypt

How about you collect all the complaints of your users and put them on here so it doesn't look like you're the only one who thinks Chimera makes the experience significantly unfair. Unless of course, they aren't complaining because they aren't hardcore MLG players who can take advantage of that 1.7 milliseconds where a gun muzzle appears around the corner sooner. In which case get over yourself.
Edited by MosesofEgypt on Dec 24, 2017 at 06:36 PM

how about this

chimera is an overrated/overblown cheat. not only does it have interpolation to give people an advantage but it has a wireframe mode that bypasses hac2 (halo anti cheat 2) blocking of rasterizer_wireframe. eventually nobody will care about it except hackers and cheaters.

002 could be helping the community by making tools but instead he makes cheats and hacks and mods like spv3 spread this everywhere

if chimera wasn't a cheat then 002 would allow sapp to block its features like how hac2 allows people to block sightjacker
Edited by Jam on Dec 28, 2017 at 03:15 PM

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Dec 28, 2017 05:57 PM    Msg. 21 of 28       
I'll admit, I wasn't aware of the wireframe mode, however I still think you need to just get over it. I really just don't care enough to argue my point, and I'm pretty sure most everyone else here feels similarly.

Jam

Posted: Dec 29, 2017 02:01 PM    Msg. 22 of 28       
I'll admit, I wasn't aware of the wireframe mode, however I still think you need to just get over it. I really just don't care enough to argue my point, and I'm pretty sure most everyone else here feels similarly.

wireframe can be used on chimera even if hac2 (halo ANTICHEAT) blocks wireframe giving anyone wallhacking abilities that aren't blocked by sapp.

Chimera is bypassing an ANTICHEAT therefore it is a CHEAT!! 002 is making CHEATS and doesn't care about the community and the fact he hasn't defended himself proves this

MEGA_VKNG

Just give me more hate because I deserve it

Posted: Dec 29, 2017 03:20 PM    Msg. 23 of 28       
how do i block literal autism

Honestly just shut down Halo CE's master server if this is what kids feel like having their wieners tied up over. Maybe those Eldorito kids had a point.

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Dec 29, 2017 06:45 PM    Msg. 24 of 28       
wireframe can be used on chimera even if hac2 (halo ANTICHEAT) blocks wireframe giving anyone wallhacking abilities that aren't blocked by sapp.

Chimera is bypassing an ANTICHEAT therefore it is a CHEAT!! 002 is making CHEATS and doesn't care about the community and the fact he hasn't defended himself proves this

Normally defamation isnt my thing but holy cow you really have a stick far up yours dont you? HAC also does a lot more than anticheat by the way, so you claiming that something bypasses something that has anticheat in the name as a cheat is (in this case) actually retarded.

And obviously 002 hasnt bothered to defend himself. He has nothing to defend himself against. You being a self entitled child doesnt help your case by any stretch of the imagination.

KVOND

A.K.A -The Rock Candy-

Posted: Dec 29, 2017 09:45 PM    Msg. 25 of 28       
the wireframe command only works on self hosted matches on lan, it's disabled and blocked as soon as you join a dedicated server.

please stop being stupid.

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Dec 29, 2017 11:56 PM    Msg. 26 of 28       
Chimera is bypassing an ANTICHEAT therefore it is a CHEAT!!

Oh
Oh God
What on Earth do we do to fix you

lolslayer

Posted: Dec 30, 2017 06:55 AM    Msg. 27 of 28       
the wireframe command only works on self hosted matches on lan, it's disabled and blocked as soon as you join a dedicated server.

please stop being stupid.

Thanks bro

Posted: Dec 30, 2017 07:10 PM    Msg. 28 of 28       

I do not need to defend myself, because the HAC2 and Chimera topics speak for themselves.

Quote: https://opencarnage.net/index.php?/topic/6916-chimera-build-49/&page=14
chimera_wireframe was added. This enables wireframe mode, but only if you're not in a dedicated server. This command exists to bypass HAC2's blocking of rasterizer_wireframe, even when used for legitimate reasons.

Quote: https://opencarnage.net/index.php?/topic/1487-hac2-client/
Halo Anticheat 2 is a new mod, supporting all versions of both Halo CE and Halo PC. Download is at the very end of the post.

Despite the name, there's no anticheat in this build. This release is an alpha/preview to gather feedback on some of the features and a chance to get them tested on a wider array of machine configurations. Expect there to be bugs and gripes; removing them is the point of this alpha/preview release.

The fact I haven't defended myself is literally meaningless in your argument - literally, because it only means I don't care about your argument. The only reason I bothered making this post is because people keep bringing it up on Discord.

If you do not like people having access to interpolation due to an unfair advantage (however slight it may be), then I suggest playing Halo: The Master Chief Collection for the Xbox One console. It's $39.99 (plus the price of Xbox Live and an Xbox One), and everyone gets interpolation. Or, if you hate interpolation entirely, try playing the original Xbox version of the game and invite your friends over. You can buy an Xbox and a Halo: Combat Evolved disc for pretty cheap off of eBay. Or don't play online where people can have advantages. Either way, you'll be happy.

Have a good day, Jam.

Edited by 002 on Dec 30, 2017 at 07:12 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed January 17, 2018 10:42 PM 328 ms.
A Halo Maps Website