A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Any Lore Friendly Mods/tags or maps to play out there?

Author Topic: Any Lore Friendly Mods/tags or maps to play out there? (8 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Halo Noob Modder117

Posted: Dec 17, 2017 08:12 PM    Msg. 1 of 8       
Hey guys I love lore friendly mods when it comes to modding (sometimes). Fallout and GTA have a great wealth of them but I've noticed with Halo, apart from a few multiplayer maps that look like they could fool a new comer to think its part of the game or DLC, I've never really seen any cool tags or campaign maps apart from Lumoria and Flood Forgotten Exile.

Are there any other lore friendly adventures floating around out there that I've missed on YouTube or MediaFire sites outside of CE3 and Halo Maps?
Edited by Halo Noob Modder117 on Dec 17, 2017 at 08:14 PM

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Dec 17, 2017 11:22 PM    Msg. 2 of 8       
Quote: --- Original message by: Halo Noob Modder117

Hey guys I love lore friendly mods when it comes to modding (sometimes). Fallout and GTA have a great wealth of them but I've noticed with Halo, apart from a few multiplayer maps that look like they could fool a new comer to think its part of the game or DLC, I've never really seen any cool tags or campaign maps apart from Lumoria and Flood Forgotten Exile.

Are there any other lore friendly adventures floating around out there that I've missed on YouTube or MediaFire sites outside of CE3 and Halo Maps?
Edited by Halo Noob Modder117 on Dec 17, 2017 at 08:14 PM

Lumoria and Forgotten Exile are by no means lore friendly. By nature, they sort of have to go in an rattle their own ways into the lore in order to work. Sure they do a good job of staying close while not agregiously violating it (though i havent played forgotten exile in long enough that i forgot how close it actually goes) but you'd be hardpressed to find something that actually goes in and delves on stuff that fits in.

Though, i do wanna say that heretic hunt is shaping up to be exactly that, as its still pre arbiter gas mine incident.

Halo Noob Modder117

Posted: Dec 18, 2017 05:08 AM    Msg. 3 of 8       
Oh yeah story wise- lore friendly not so much. I should of mentioned lore friendly assets or visuals more specifically.

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Dec 18, 2017 11:46 AM    Msg. 4 of 8       
So.....rips, and rehashes? That doesnt sound very fun

Ling Ling Lang

Are you finding Ling Ling?

Posted: Dec 18, 2017 04:39 PM    Msg. 5 of 8       
Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper

I don't think "could reasonably take place in the same universe as Halo" is an unreasonably restrictive requirement for a map. Does OP mean they want in-universe assets or literally stock CE assets?

OP, I'd have to really look through my collection of maps to find higher quality maps, but one that I thought of off the top of my head is Sector 09 by Nickster5000. Its a firefight map, not an "adventure" map, but its still quite fun and fits your aesthetic criteria to the same degree that SPV3 might.

http://haloce3.com/downloads/singleplayer/original-singleplayer/firefight-sector-09/?_sft_category=open-sauce-maps
Edited by Ling Ling Lang on Dec 18, 2017 at 04:44 PM

lolslayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Posted: Dec 18, 2017 06:42 PM    Msg. 6 of 8       
Try "The silent cartographer: evolved"

In the meantime, you can wait for these gems:
-Halo composition
-Project Takedown: Extermination
-Heretic Hunt <3

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Dec 19, 2017 02:42 AM    Msg. 7 of 8       
Quote: --- Original message by: Ling Ling Lang

Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper

I don't think "could reasonably take place in the same universe as Halo" is an unreasonably restrictive requirement for a map. Does OP mean they want in-universe assets or literally stock CE assets?

OP, I'd have to really look through my collection of maps to find higher quality maps, but one that I thought of off the top of my head is Sector 09 by Nickster5000. Its a firefight map, not an "adventure" map, but its still quite fun and fits your aesthetic criteria to the same degree that SPV3 might.

http://haloce3.com/downloads/singleplayer/original-singleplayer/firefight-sector-09/?_sft_category=open-sauce-maps
Edited by Ling Ling Lang on Dec 18, 2017 at 04:44 PM

Sector 09 i dont think feasibly fits under the same descriptor of lore friendly visually but i guess thats on a per-person basis. The rest of what you're saying i guess makes sense

XxPopeAK49xX

It's better being a jerk.

Posted: Dec 19, 2017 07:35 PM    Msg. 8 of 8       
Biohalo should be lore friendly. Should...

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed January 17, 2018 10:51 PM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website