A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »making Halo great again

Author Topic: making Halo great again (23 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

theTeabagger

Posted: Dec 29, 2017 01:59 AM    Msg. 1 of 23       
So about three weeks I stopped playing Halo Reach, it is is just full of toxic players, who cheat, quit out constantly, and troll... Or well you know those overly dedicated inheritor groups that ruin the game because one of them is using some form of cheat. Also I got suspended for message that a player was dumb for taking on a whole team by themselves... Yeah Halo is no exactly known for being kid friendly, just check Arby n the Chief. So I will end Xbox live as soon as possible for their mental retardation. I tried to just go on the pc version but alas it is full of infinite ammo servers, full of autistic gamers I imagine. When everyone has infinite ammo and weapons it is no longer even a game. There seems to only be like 70 servers. There is maybe one or two custom map servers, but man I was expecting more custom maps when I finally got around to getting multiplayer running. Any ideas would be great or tips. There are one or two servers I am aware of that are just plan servers with regular weapons and ammo. but damn it is hard to remember them. I suppose Microsoft just does not care one bit. I literally asked about the suspension and the response was that "I could create an intimidating environment for other players." I get the feeling that there are a lot of trolls behind the xbox live enforcement team who basically do not even care about xbox live. Just trying to make it as boring as possible I suppose. Feel free to ask questions if I do not make sense.

DeadHamster

Posted: Dec 29, 2017 07:30 AM    Msg. 2 of 23       
Guys, I think this is one of those really elaborate adbots we've seen on the site recently.

Damn, they're getting good.

theTeabagger

Posted: Jan 2, 2018 10:34 PM    Msg. 3 of 23       
nope, just a concerned Halo citezen.. Well for starters there really only has been one Halo game with a serious story campaign, the rest were really for multiplayer. It was fine because of teabagging... But I noticed I used to make fun Halo Reach videos of me owning people... But the player base just is too toxic to even bother with, microsoft obviously allows a lot of crap to go on. But man if you call someone dumb they are on that immediately... So whenever my xbox live subscription ends, it will just die off. I was hoping to play the pc version multiplayer but it just seems kind of riddled with a different problem.. One thing is not a lot of servers, also the servers that are their are full of infinite weapons/ammo... There was a couple regular servers, I was actually hoping for more custom maps and stuff, but most did not have that last I checked... I have posted here before about how to get started on multiplayer, it was a while ago.. Should I just admit Halo is just an old franchize?

Halo Noob Modder117

I guess I'm just going to have to rip your tags

Posted: Jan 2, 2018 10:48 PM    Msg. 4 of 23       
As sad as I was (as well as my other buddies) being a long time Halo fan, I've finally come to the conclusion that Halo is dead. 343 butchered it. The old 360 junkers are no fun unless you JTAG and I have to say unlike the Fallout and GTA modding communities, no offence guys, this already small, now remnant member modding community kinda blows now. Lets face it the mods are dying, there are barely any tutorials or discussions VS other modding communities, and HCE servers are unplayable unless your in a certain region.

Really nothing much left to do but to put up with HMCC and do little crappy mods for HCE since there's too many error prone issues preventing magic from happening.

The entire multiplayer side of EVERY Halo including these PC ones is almost non-existent in comparison to other competing and now new game giants emerging. Honestly, not that Halo has just died its been left behind really.

Bungie LLC

friendly neighborhood contrarian funposter

Posted: Jan 2, 2018 11:03 PM    Msg. 5 of 23       
the highpoint of the franchise has already come and gone. this isn't news to anyone.

Halo has always had an interesting style and is steeped in a deep universe that has built upon itself over the years, even before it's total relinquishment from Bungie. if that's not what's keeping you here, I don't know what is

Custom Edition has always allowed myself and a close-knit group of friends I've accumulated over the years total freedom to explore, create, and immerse ourselves in the universe with total creative freedom - within the confines of the engine's limitations, of course - and it will likely continue to do so for years to come.

Horeb

bananakid

Posted: Jan 9, 2018 11:41 PM    Msg. 6 of 23       
Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
Guys, I think this is one of those really elaborate adbots we've seen on the site recently.

Damn, they're getting good.

36/100
IGN

theTeabagger

Posted: Jan 29, 2018 09:51 AM    Msg. 7 of 23       
It is kind of feces if you ask me, but I am aware it is because of COCKY 4, well that is probably gone too for the most part, right? At least in a multiplayer sense it would be great to play Halo, I tried the multiplayer but it is mostly casual non competitive stuff... But umm please go on Bungie LLC. The only problem is the player quality, they just want to mess around randomly... But I did just log in and there is a bk(usa) server, that was not too bad, but I was hoping for more custom map experience.... Yet they are making a Halo rts 2... Seriously though, what stops it from coming back?

Bungie LLC

friendly neighborhood contrarian funposter

Posted: Jan 29, 2018 01:34 PM    Msg. 8 of 23       
I am not at all a fan of where the franchise has gone, and where it is today.

I'd be lying if I said H5's multiplayer didn't look like fun, though, as opposed to it's previous installment, which I played for maybe a month or less after release, despite the fact that I pre-ordered limited edition back in 2012.

I don't have an xbone though, despite 5's multiplayer looking like fun, it certainly ain't enough to tip the scales to make me run out and buy one.

Conversely, I might actually buy a PS4 just to play Death Stranding tbh, along with relive my PlayStation childhood with all the remakes they do on the PSN.

theTeabagger

Posted: Feb 13, 2018 04:26 PM    Msg. 9 of 23       
Quote: --- Original message by: Bungie LLC

I have finally accepted it is a dead franchise that is all. But maybe there is fun maps to download on here, just entertain myself. I can always play casually on Halo custom edition multiplayer, but there are like no good servers. I was hoping there would be custom maps when I finally got it working. But there was maybe a server with one map that is more like playing Call of duty with some Halo elements...

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Feb 13, 2018 08:06 PM    Msg. 10 of 23       
Be the change you want to see.

Don't like how Halo is right now? Don't play those games. Halo 1-3, especially MCC aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

Don't like the servers on offer? Make one, renting a server is cheap now unless you're scared of ringing up daddy's credit card.

Oh, and don't like the maps? Get good and make one. If you think you can do better than show us. The whole thing about how nobody plays custom maps is total bogus, good maps indeed do get played by people, stop looking for the same latino Halo 6 mods.
Edited by MEGA_VKNG on Feb 13, 2018 at 10:21 PM

theTeabagger

Posted: Mar 5, 2018 10:20 AM    Msg. 11 of 23       
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGA_VKNG

Be the change you want to see.

Don't like how Halo is right now? Don't play those games. Halo 1-3, especially MCC aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

Don't like the servers on offer? Make one, renting a server is cheap now unless you're scared of ringing up daddy's credit card.

Oh, and don't like the maps? Get good and make one. If you think you can do better than show us. The whole thing about how nobody plays custom maps is total bogus, good maps indeed do get played by people, stop looking for the same latino Halo 6 mods.
Edited by MEGA_VKNG on Feb 13, 2018 at 10:21 PM

It is not that simple and you know it, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0639y5Cby5w messed up anyones enthusiasm. I think the problem with this logic I have noticed in the gaming industry, is we end up doing the developers work for them. And that is scam worthy. And I do not have the ability to host, I do not have a place of my own anyways. The problem is, the only good Halo single player was the first. Multiplayer gaming is short lived by the fact that a bunch of autistic people end up being the main occupiers... Lets face it, multiplayer is almost impossible to achieve because of mediocre gamers.

Zonda

Posted: Mar 23, 2018 05:02 AM    Msg. 12 of 23       
Tbh Halo’s community always had its fair share of salt and grime. I still get a fair few invs from randoms in 3/Reach Matchmaking so I don’t really see a problem with it.

Yeah the bulk of populated servers in CE are Beaner filled bottomless clip servers with mods that ruin the original maps completely or a handful of “clan” servers that generally aren’t as good as the servers of yesteryear. If you know the right people you can get into a few private servers that are allegedly composed of really easy going players.

I just want the ÄHS, Æ and G3 clan members to return because I really liked those guys. The sort of crowd that invites randoms into voice chat servers to mess about until the early hours of the morning with.

The Av0c4d0

Posted: Mar 23, 2018 07:56 PM    Msg. 13 of 23       
Quote: --- Original message by: theTeabagger
So about three weeks I stopped playing Halo Reach, it is is just full of toxic players, who cheat, quit out constantly, and troll... Or well you know those overly dedicated inheritor groups that ruin the game because one of them is using some form of cheat. Also I got suspended for message that a player was dumb for taking on a whole team by themselves... Yeah Halo is no exactly known for being kid friendly, just check Arby n the Chief. So I will end Xbox live as soon as possible for their mental retardation. I tried to just go on the pc version but alas it is full of infinite ammo servers, full of autistic gamers I imagine. When everyone has infinite ammo and weapons it is no longer even a game. There seems to only be like 70 servers. There is maybe one or two custom map servers, but man I was expecting more custom maps when I finally got around to getting multiplayer running. Any ideas would be great or tips. There are one or two servers I am aware of that are just plan servers with regular weapons and ammo. but damn it is hard to remember them. I suppose Microsoft just does not care one bit. I literally asked about the suspension and the response was that "I could create an intimidating environment for other players." I get the feeling that there are a lot of trolls behind the xbox live enforcement team who basically do not even care about xbox live. Just trying to make it as boring as possible I suppose. Feel free to ask questions if I do not make sense.

I know exactly what you mean when it comes to custom edition. I think maybe halo custom edition needs to somehow be seen by the large groups of halo fans who are still waiting for an official classic halo game. Maybe then, more demand for servers would happen, and the halo ce population would rise.

Danger Wong

Posted: Mar 23, 2018 10:41 PM    Msg. 14 of 23       
This is my first post on this forum. I used to play Halo CE a long time ago and had such a great time. Back when Halo 2 was the extent of the franchise. I have been pleasantly surprised to see that anyone is still playing this game. I am currently trying to source a copy and jump into whatever action may be left. Hearing all of this talk of the servers being lame to play on because of applied mods and a-holes doesn't sound too fun. Should I save myself the time? Could someone like me find the core group of die hards that still want to do this thing the right way and enjoy the hell out of this game like we always have? I sure hope so. This franchise will never be dead to me. But it will always take two to tango. I'm hopeful.

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Mar 24, 2018 01:59 PM    Msg. 15 of 23       
Quote: --- Original message by: Danger Wong
Could someone like me find the core group of die hards that still want to do this thing the right way and enjoy the hell out of this game like we always have?

PM a user called stunt_man on this forum, he has his own dedicated community for competitive type Halo 1 play.

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=userinfo&viewuserid=9642
Edited by MEGA_VKNG on Mar 24, 2018 at 02:00 PM

killzone64

if im not at my pc im at the racetrack

Posted: Mar 24, 2018 09:39 PM    Msg. 16 of 23       
a majority of the active halo Ce community has shuffled on to discord. i still check the forums for old times sake but discords where its at if you want to find players and have a community

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Mar 25, 2018 06:40 AM    Msg. 17 of 23       
Quote: --- Original message by: the concerned thros
I am god I deserve attention.

Hi god, I'm dad

theTeabagger

Posted: Mar 30, 2018 11:10 PM    Msg. 18 of 23       
I am back from adventures and struggles... so I just scorched my Xbox live account because I saw a video about how they are using updated terms of service to try to actually go after you legally for basically trash talking... I literally got suspended for simply stating it was dumb to take on an entire team by yourself... Not for all the other times I would send scornful messages, just the mild one. And what sucks is apparently Reach got repopulated at the same time. So pc is where it is at. Xbox live deserves me scorn for letting people cheat so willingly while suspending people for petty reasons. But that also means I lost a lot of free games, never actually played any of them, lol. :/ Plus I think I did some Trumping of beaners on that game, the good news is I saved $60

I kind of like Reach because you can troll people with armor lock, but honestly, that aim assist was atrocious, and the game always felt hard to play. And now I saw a video that Bungie wants to get back into Halo...

what I need to do first is install Halo on my GPD win, you have no idea how long I have been waiting to play handheld Halo. A @#$*ing long time! That is actually really bad considering how quickly Mario went to the portable market. It is probably because of Cocky4, and the damn Wii combined. So if reach can get repopulated, maybe we can get the to go to the pc.. On a server if at all possible. However, I am broke and my life is dire.. The only thing I have keeping me going is the internet, without it, life would be suxor, and I do still have Halo Anniversary so I have Halo original I can play on the now depleted sexbox360. Screw the graphics update, it just made everything too bright, and boring blood effects.

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Mar 31, 2018 05:55 AM    Msg. 19 of 23       
pwease don't swear on halo weach ;w; OwO

SomeFan

Discordapp: SomeFan#0171

Posted: Apr 1, 2018 12:43 AM    Msg. 20 of 23       
Quote: --- Original message by: killzone64
a majority of the active halo Ce community has shuffled on to discord. i still check the forums for old times sake but discords where its at if you want to find players and have a community

got a bunch of links to Halo related Discord Servers R.I.P. this place.
Edited by SomeFan on Apr 1, 2018 at 12:43 AM

PRPatxi

Dennis, free me from this suffering

Posted: Apr 6, 2018 08:59 PM    Msg. 21 of 23       
The game is dying

theTeabagger

Posted: Apr 21, 2018 02:13 PM    Msg. 22 of 23       
So I am back, and apparently everything has changed, Halo is being made great again, but I have no idea if that is something I should look forward to, or even integrate with. I do not really miss the xbox 360 online thing, it converted into a Wii-ish experience anyways, and I found that kind of distracting, and I never got into the whole micro-transaction thing. So what is the new deal? They are just going to pc? No more avatar crap? For one, when the Wii is no longer popular, who cares to keep that system going, it was just a fad. I do not think I can trust a company that will update their terms so they can retroactively ban you, and even if they did amazing things on the pc... Like what I am seeing, Halo 3 on pc... I do not think I can trust Microsoft to be what they were a decade ago. The lulz and stuff... They are a boring boring company now that will never ever be as fun.

So considering how much Microsoft/bungie/343 drove this franchise to the ground for so many years. It was just as much the community that made the game, the community like here is what made the game just as much. They deserve to have the reigns on the game. Think about it, Red vs Blue... That was not Microsoft's doing. Considering for how long, there has never been a serious single player story that matches the first game..

They could have had Reach on pc, or Halo 3 on pc later on, but they just now do it... They let cheaters infest games, but then punish people for complaining about it essentially. Sounds like a company with an abusive personality to me. They let someone bully you, but then punish you for much less egregious things?

HandofGod

Halo Mac/MD Player & Modder

Posted: Apr 21, 2018 02:48 PM    Msg. 23 of 23       
Let's be honest here...Halo died after Bungie left and 343 took over. People have been saying this again and again man. It's getting a bit tiresome to repeat that.
Halo: Custom Edition is still a good place to try user created maps/mods. That's also been the case since 2004 and hopefully won't change in the near future.
So I don't know why you keep posting the same stuff again and again? Complaining about the state of the franchise honestly gets old. Have you tried El Dewrito? SPV3?

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed December 12, 2018 9:51 PM 296 ms.
A Halo Maps Website