A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Question about AI abilities in CE.

Author Topic: Question about AI abilities in CE. (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

BioGoji1989

Posted: Dec 31, 2017 10:43 PM    Msg. 1 of 5       
Is it possible to exchange weapons with Friendly AI? I mean, is this something that's only possible in later Halo games, or can it be done in CE as well? Would this need OpenSauce or can it be done in a vanilla mod? If so, in either scenario, how would this be done?

Is it also possible to change the intelligence or the behavior of the AI other than through changing difficulty settings?

I'll be honest, I'm not even a beginner yet, but this is stuff I'd like to know about in case I ever decide to create a mod of my own.

FtDSpartn

Thank you.

Posted: Jan 2, 2018 10:57 AM    Msg. 2 of 5       
No, you can't trade weapons with AI in this game. As far as I know, no one's created a method of doing so that works well in any normal gameplay. Any real method would definitely require OS.

You can change quite a few parameters of AI behavior in their .actor and .actor_variant tags.

BioGoji1989

Posted: Jan 3, 2018 12:23 AM    Msg. 3 of 5       
Quote: --- Original message by: FtDSpartn
No, you can't trade weapons with AI in this game. As far as I know, no one's created a method of doing so that works well in any normal gameplay. Any real method would definitely require OS.

You can change quite a few parameters of AI behavior in their .actor and .actor_variant tags.

No weapon exchange without OS? Crap. But... I CAN adjust them so that they don't shoot a rocket launcher when standing right behind the player, right? Can I make the marines throw plasma grenades instead of frag grenades? I don't really know too much about what can and can't be done in CE's HEK and what the tags' limitations are. I'm only just starting to learn about this stuff because I'm thinking of one day making a mod of my own, but I want to read up on this stuff before I actually get into the nitty gritty work of... editing.

FtDSpartn

Thank you.

Posted: Jan 3, 2018 12:42 AM    Msg. 4 of 5       
Quote: --- Original message by: BioGoji1989
Quote: --- Original message by: FtDSpartn

No weapon exchange without OS? Crap. But... I CAN adjust them so that they don't shoot a rocket launcher when standing right behind the player, right? Can I make the marines throw plasma grenades instead of frag grenades? I don't really know too much about what can and can't be done in CE's HEK and what the tags' limitations are. I'm only just starting to learn about this stuff because I'm thinking of one day making a mod of my own, but I want to read up on this stuff before I actually get into the nitty gritty work of... editing.

Yup, you can change the type of grenade they can throw in the .actv tag. You can change burst patterns, accuracy, rate of fire, etc. but I'm not sure you can fix them shooting you with a rocket launcher. I don't remember anything that could fix that at least.

DeadHamster

Posted: Jan 4, 2018 12:55 AM    Msg. 5 of 5       
Desired Combat Range should be set higher, and Don't Fire While Friendly Units In Front Of You or something similar should be checked.

Both edited in Guerilla, both in either the Actor or Actor Variant tags.

You should make a separate tag for the Rocket Launcher marine, both to give him a rocket launcher, and so that the settings for desired combat range don't affect other marines using regular weaponry.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed January 17, 2018 10:40 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website