A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts
»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »How do you change the language dialogue in a single player map?

Author Topic: How do you change the language dialogue in a single player map? (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Posted: Jan 1, 2018 02:56 AM    Msg. 1 of 7       
I have never done any halo ce mods before, so I know less than nothing.
I found a halo reach conversion of the a10.map but it is in spanish.
Is there a way to put the english dialogue back into this map? I like the custom map.
I downloaded the halo editing kit and looked at some video tutorials
but cant find what I am looking for.

Posted: Jan 3, 2018 12:26 AM    Msg. 2 of 7       
Oh, dude, I'm in the same boat. I don't mind the language being in Spanish, since I already know most of the game's scripted dialogue by heart due to years of playing the game, but being able to hear a language I'm fluent in would certainly make things easier for me when playing. Which Reach mod is it, anyway? There are quite a few of them out there.

Posted: Jan 3, 2018 04:02 AM    Msg. 3 of 7       
Well, I looked for a Reach single player mod in english and found none.
But I found about three or four in Spanish, go figure.

Anyway, here are a few links to show you the one I like.
The textures of the POA interior look good and the elits look good and there AI
performs very well, in my opion. The downside is its only one single player map.

Here is a video

Here is the mod

Posted: Jan 3, 2018 10:32 AM    Msg. 4 of 7       
I've seen that one before. I currently play the Potterhalo Reach mod, which is currently playable from A10 up to C10. Ultimate Reach actually does have more than one map, but they're kind of difficult to find.

There is one Reach style mod that actually has the whole campaign, in English... BUT! And this is really important, it has a nasty habit of crashing on every single level. Now, the mod is technically called a Halo 4 mod by the guy who posted videos of it, and it does use Halo 4 weapons and vehicles, and the Master Chief is portrayed with the Warrior Armor from H4, but the Marines and Covenant are all from Halo Reach. Back to the warning, though, it crashes. A lot.

The first crash I experienced occurred before I even reached the 2nd cutscene of Pillar of Autumn. It was right when I was passing through the hallway that led into the armory, where several crew and Marines are fighting the Covenant in a hallway. It's the part where you hear a Marine say that Captain Keyes needs you on the bridge ASAP and to follow him. I can't even get to the Marine to trigger the dialogue, because the level crashes as soon as I enter the hallway.

Assault on the Control Room was a little bit better, and I actually managed to clear a room before it crashed, but with each level crashing early on, I can't recommend the mod. I've tried playing it with video settings on the equivalent of safe mode, but even then it crashes.

So, if you want an English Reach style mod, there is that one, but heed my warning about the constant crashing. The files are available from links on the video of each level, and the videos are on YouTube, posted by a user named ANTRAX. Maybe the mod will work for you, maybe it won't. If it does, have fun with it. If you experience the same crashing problem that I did, then I'm sorry.

I hope this helps.

Posted: Jan 4, 2018 02:55 AM    Msg. 5 of 7       
I really don't want to play a mod that keeps crashing, no matter how good it is.

Maybe I should just learn how to install Reach Tags into a single player map.
I would also like to learn how to re-texture some of the bsp models in the a10 map.
Do you know where to find some good youtube video tutorials on editing Tags?

Posted: Jan 4, 2018 04:56 AM    Msg. 6 of 7       
If you haven't already, install OS and play SPV3. Nothing else comes close for updated campaign maps, and there's the entire campgain remade, with new BSP sections, weapons, vehicles and AI.

It's not Reach, but it looks fantastic and plays just as good.

Posted: Jan 4, 2018 07:49 AM    Msg. 7 of 7       
Yea, tried the SPV3, and your right, its the looks awesome. That teem is very talented and the OS add quite a bit to the look and feel of the game. It looks like if it were a bit brighter the graphics wood be on par with the Halo 3 xbox 360 game.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon March 19, 2018 5:16 AM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website