A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Simple Custom Map Crashes On In-Game Startup.

Author Topic: Simple Custom Map Crashes On In-Game Startup. (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Halomind

Posted: Jan 11, 2018 11:41 PM    Msg. 1 of 4       
I'm near the end of the road of creating my first halo custom map but currently in a rut.

I've created a simple rectangular map, all steps of exporting(Bluestreak) and compiling(Tool) went smoothly with no apparent errors, added a .sky file and starting equipment in Guerrilla as well as added spawn points and a single warthog with Sapien (spawn point and warthog properties set to 'all games').

Upon starting up the map in-game, I get the 'Gathering Exception Data' crash.

Any suggestions on approaching this problem?

OrangeJuice

halohek.pbworks.com

Posted: Jan 11, 2018 11:46 PM    Msg. 2 of 4       
Under guerilla did you set the map to multiplayer in the .scenario file?

Also if you're trying to load the map through the console instead of going through the menus the proper commands would appear like this:

for multiplayer maps
sv_map mapname "slayer"

for singleplayer maps
map_name mapname 

(also, a singleplayer map spawn should not have multiplayer properties or a team number above 0 unless you're messing with AI alliances)
Edited by OrangeJuice on Jan 12, 2018 at 12:04 AM

Halomind

Posted: Jan 12, 2018 12:29 AM    Msg. 3 of 4       
Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice

Under guerilla did you set the map to multiplayer in the .scenario file?

Edited by OrangeJuice on Jan 12, 2018 at 12:04 AM

Your right, Thanks for noting that! I specifically remember marking that as multiplayer but must have accidentally scrolled down to other options when I was navigating Guerrilla.

Problem solved and first map done!

DeadHamster

Posted: Jan 12, 2018 06:30 AM    Msg. 4 of 4       
When you get it polished up a bit, make a thread and post some updates!

Always hear someone is picking this up for a hobby. If you ever need assistance, ask!

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed September 19, 2018 1:52 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website