A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »HEK Installation Questions.

Author Topic: HEK Installation Questions. (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

BioGoji1989

Posted: Jan 12, 2018 12:34 PM    Msg. 1 of 3       
I've recently just started trying to mod campaign maps in Halo CE, but I can never compile anything properly with Tool. I've been given some very helpful advice from MosesofEgypt, but I still can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I'm constantly getting error messages stating that tool can't locate the proper cache files for the map, or I get permission errors when trying to use tool in the Programs x86 directory, where I have CE installed. The one thing that I can think of is that I should have HEK installed outside of that directory.

Should I reinstall HEK in a directory not connected to Programs x86, or any directory that requires Administrator privileges in order to get tool to work with less problems?

Can HEK work without being installed in the same directory as Halo CE, and I mean the whole HEK, not just the three programs?
Edited by BioGoji1989 on Jan 12, 2018 at 12:34 PM

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Jan 12, 2018 12:47 PM    Msg. 2 of 3       
If you would sign back into Discord I'd be able to help you, but you haven't been on for 3 days. I know I can get the issue fixed, as it's probably that you're trying to run the program on the wrong directory or something.

OrangeJuice

Thingies.

Posted: Jan 12, 2018 02:23 PM    Msg. 3 of 3       
The permissions error can be one of two things(that I can think of right now)

• Halo Custom Edition (haloce.exe) is still running in the background
  • (it does that sometimes, it'll be in task manager)

• Sapien(certain versions of it) is still running

• You're using Windows vista or 7 home edition and need to run command prompt as administrator
  • (because it does the virtualstorage thing)

Edited by OrangeJuice on Jan 12, 2018 at 02:36 PM
    Oh and yeah, these can be avoided too. I figured it out a while ago that if you install older games like this(old games that need admin privilege to run) outside of the program files folders (I use C:\OLDGAMES ) You can avoid needing certain privileges to do things like launch the game or record save data.

And it works on the HEK

Edited by OrangeJuice on Jan 12, 2018 at 02:36 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu January 18, 2018 6:30 AM 203 ms.
    A Halo Maps Website