A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Server Connection Issues

Author Topic: Server Connection Issues (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Crossbow SR

-

Posted: Jan 13, 2018 06:52 AM    Msg. 1 of 4       
Edited by Crossbow SR on Jan 14, 2018 at 07:42 PM

altis94

What doesn't ban me makes me stronger

Posted: Jan 13, 2018 09:05 AM    Msg. 2 of 4       
oh no

DeadHamster

Posted: Jan 13, 2018 09:09 AM    Msg. 3 of 4       
Back in the day, for competition play, sites would make you record your entire gameplay and upload it after.

We would take our crosshair's bitmaps, and modify it in Photoshop to have ticks going left and right from the center. We would use the ticks to gauge ping, once we figured out how many ticks the ping was we would use that tick to aim instead of the crosshair. Or you could take all the bitmaps, EOF and reference swap them to DXT3/5 bitmaps, and modify them with an alpha at 25%. Now all the geometry is 75% transparent and you can see all the players across the map inside their base.

But that's just me reminiscing.

The only people that play Halo CE, are the ones who were playing it forever. They're probably really really good at it for that reason. Chances are, and from you're saying, it sounds like you are just not as good at the game.

If they are aimbotting, which is unlikely since the 10 update would've killed any prior aimbots, you could easily detect it by them instantly snapping onto a player. Grab a sniper and watch their character from a corner, unless you see their character instantly look over at a target and fire then they're just good at the game. The look will happen in single frames, it will be painfully obvious.

Crossbow SR

-

Posted: Jan 13, 2018 01:59 PM    Msg. 4 of 4       
Edited by Crossbow SR on Jan 14, 2018 at 07:42 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed December 12, 2018 9:53 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website