A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Sounds being wierd...(repost)

Author Topic: Sounds being wierd...(repost) (12 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Dabouss 15x

Annnd Its Gone!

Posted: Jan 14, 2018 08:21 PM    Msg. 1 of 12       
So I posted this on the Halo CE tech section but I decided to repost it here. (since this is where everyone seems to be) but I had a question as to why when I play a .sound_looping file from the level "The Maw" it only plays for a split second and cuts out abruptly. I have tried using (sleep blahblah) and have used other sound_looping files but nothing seems to work. Any fixes?

Here is the script I used for the music portion of my level.

(script startup gameplay
(sleep_until
(volume_test_objects music
(players)) 15)
(game_save)
(sound_looping_predict levels\d40\music\d40_08)
(sound_looping_start levels\d40\music\d40_08 none 1)
*problem*
)
Edited by Dabouss 15x on Jan 14, 2018 at 08:23 PM

rcghalohell

I can jump?Weeeee (pop!) (No1 heard from it again)

Posted: Jan 14, 2018 08:39 PM    Msg. 2 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dabouss 15x

So I posted this on the Halo CE tech section but I decided to repost it here. (since this is where everyone seems to be) but I had a question as to why when I play a .sound_looping file from the level "The Maw" it only plays for a split second and cuts out abruptly. I have tried using (sleep blahblah) and have used other sound_looping files but nothing seems to work. Any fixes?

Here is the script I used for the music portion of my level.

(script startup gameplay
(sleep_until
(volume_test_objects music
(players)) 15)
(game_save)
(sound_looping_predict levels\d40\music\d40_08)
(sound_looping_start levels\d40\music\d40_08 none 1)
*problem*
)
Edited by Dabouss 15x on Jan 14, 2018 at 08:23 PM

ive had this problem too, its something about the permutations, i have no idea how to fix it so i just remake the songs using the soundtrack

Dabouss 15x

Annnd Its Gone!

Posted: Jan 14, 2018 08:42 PM    Msg. 3 of 12       
Yeah I should probably try that out thanks. :)

DeadHamster

Posted: Jan 15, 2018 12:03 AM    Msg. 4 of 12       
The original sound designer of the game wanted a dynamic experience with a soundtrack that would suit the gameplay, exciting when action was high and lulling back down as the fight ends.

Marty O'Donnell is a boss.

That said, because of this the game's audio is arranged in a particular manner; all the music in the game is separated into small chunks. The game's music is cut into sections and scripted to change in realtime to suit the needs of gameplay, based on how many enemies remain etc.

Instead of just making songs for the game, he took sounds and wove them into music throughout it's code.

You'll have to either make songs, or do the same.
Edited by DeadHamster on Jan 15, 2018 at 12:03 AM

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Jan 15, 2018 01:12 AM    Msg. 5 of 12       
Yep, and if you'd like the ability to test the music outside of the game, boy howdy do I have a shameless plug for you!
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=50342

I plan to be releasing this as an Android app soon for anyone interested in it. Tl; dr it's a music player that plays sound and sound_looping files exactly how you'd hear them played ingame(except for crossfading).

Dabouss 15x

Annnd Its Gone!

Posted: Jan 15, 2018 12:53 PM    Msg. 6 of 12       
Thanks so much! This will definitely help me. Also I would definitely check out that android app.

DeadHamster

Posted: Jan 15, 2018 05:06 PM    Msg. 7 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dabouss 15x
Thanks so much! This will definitely help me. Also I would definitely check out that android app.

Google search for Z-team's or the original Halo PC scripts. Find the mapfile that your grabbing your desired music sequence from, and look at that map's scripts for the section that plays the music and then copy/paste and adapt for your map. You'll have music similar to the ones that played by bungie.

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Jan 15, 2018 05:25 PM    Msg. 8 of 12       
Or open the map in refinery and either rip all the scripts with automatic indention(pretty sure z-team's is all un-indented), or just view the ones you want.

rcghalohell

I can jump?Weeeee (pop!) (No1 heard from it again)

Posted: Jan 16, 2018 01:09 AM    Msg. 9 of 12       
if it requires python, i have hard time figuring out how to open things

DeadHamster

Posted: Jan 16, 2018 07:09 AM    Msg. 10 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: rcghalohell
if it requires python, it is hard figuring out how to open things

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Jan 16, 2018 01:57 PM    Msg. 11 of 12       
I've made changes to all of my installer's parts and processes. If you can't get the MEK working by following the instructions, then I have yet more things to fix.......

Anyway, here's a link to all the scripts extracted with Refinery.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l4pswkjqdntfejv/halo1_campaign_script_sources.zip?dl=1

Also, here's a link to a pre-installed copy of the mek. The bitmap accelerator modules have also been compiled for Python 3.5 running on 64bit AMD processors(since that's what I'm running). This is the most recent copy, as it's one of my backups.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/49gqv6du0yjb26u/mek_backup.zip?dl=1

Cheers!
Edited by MosesofEgypt on Jan 16, 2018 at 01:58 PM

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Jan 21, 2018 05:51 AM    Msg. 12 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
Marty O'Donnell is a boss.
Instead of just making songs for the game, he took sounds and wove them into music throughout it's code.

This is actually freakin cool I had no idea.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed August 15, 2018 4:37 PM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website