A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Map isnt being created when in cmd prompt!?

Author Topic: Map isnt being created when in cmd prompt!? (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Reshirom200

u wot m8

Posted: Jan 15, 2018 06:32 PM    Msg. 1 of 5       
I have been trying to make a halo map for about 2 weeks, I've gotten Sapien in the bag, all I need to do is save it into a map. Now I am using windows 10 and the standard HEK (not plus) and the standard tutorial scenario. I go to CMD Prompt and do tool.exe build-cache-file levels\test\tutorial\tutorial, and it says Access is denied? What did I do wrong (sorry for my noobness :P) Can anyone help me??

DeadHamster

Posted: Jan 15, 2018 06:37 PM    Msg. 2 of 5       
Quote: --- Original message by: Reshirom200
I have been trying to make a halo map for about 2 weeks, I've gotten Sapien in the bag, all I need to do is save it into a map. Now I am using windows 10 and the standard HEK (not plus) and the standard tutorial scenario. I go to CMD Prompt and do tool.exe build-cache-file levels\test\tutorial\tutorial, and it says Access is denied? What did I do wrong (sorry for my noobness :P) Can anyone help me??

Make sure you've copied CMD into your Halo CE directory, and then right-click cmd.exe and select run as administrator. It may help right-clicking tool.exe, and changing it's compatibility settings to always run as administrator.

It is important to do the same with Guerilla and Sapien, always run these tools as an administrator as well.

When programs try to make changes to files inside the Program Files folder, newer versions of Windows stop them for security and safety.

Reshirom200

u wot m8

Posted: Jan 15, 2018 08:08 PM    Msg. 3 of 5       
So I copied it and it was the same outcome, and instead of my user thing it showed C:\WINDOWS\system32>?
Edited by Reshirom200 on Jan 17, 2018 at 07:04 PM

DeadHamster

Posted: Jan 15, 2018 08:37 PM    Msg. 4 of 5       
Quote: --- Original message by: Reshirom200
So I copied it and it was the same outcome

To clarify, you're also running as administrator?

Reshirom200

u wot m8

Posted: Jan 16, 2018 08:48 PM    Msg. 5 of 5       
Yeah I clicked run administrator and it was the same outcome when I had done the Tool.exe command

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue August 14, 2018 5:21 AM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website