So this is a folder I like to keep my Halo related files and backups in. It contains:
- A zip of all the "refined" replacement tags for fixing a lot of the Halo PC porting bugs and removing compression from a lot of bitmaps.
- A zip of all the hmt source files that Halo 1's hud_message_text tags were compiled from.
- A zip of all properly indented and perfectly extracted Halo 1 hsc script source files.
- A zip of a backup of the ui/editor tags folder that sapien needs to run.
- A zip of the MEK installer with installation instructions and python installers.
- A zip of a pre-installed copy of the MEK. This is one of my backups, and it still requires python to be installed, AND it is installed portably, so if it doesn't work for you then try actually installing the MEK. If it DOES work for you though, it should be super simple to get it running AND it has the bitmap accelerators pre-compiled for Python3.5 running on 64bit AMD processors.
- Two zips of tags for my tank vehicle, Sophia 3rd. One is pc tags, the other is xbox tags.
- A rar backup of the shadowrun prototype that masterz released.
- A zip backup of my Halo music player, Composer.
The folder also contains a copy of the unreleased "Custom Edition's Finest" for xbox. This is the project that got me so heavily invested in making Halo related tools, and I am really sad to have to release it like this. It was going to be a collection of multiplayer and singleplayer maps we hand-picked from those that the Custom Edition community created. We never got around to balancing things or finishing everything, so there are a lot of unfinished aspects to the maps.
The level geometry itself is great though. We had Delta Ruins, Snowtorn Cove, Portent, Requiem, and Anxiety all ported perfectly. The weapons, and bipeds are mainly what needed a lot of work. For example, Anxiety contains my fixed flamethrower that works on xbox, but the other maps flamethrowers are the original broken ones.
Maridia is the only map that is completely done. It's actually really fun. None of the maps work properly on netplay though. As soon as someone dies, the xbox's desync. We never figured out the reason, but I think I narrowed it down to something with the biped or animation tags.
Also, we had a way of putting as many maps on xbox as we wanted through redirecting the xdemos.xbe string in the halo.xbe to point to another halo.xbe. This allowed us to make multiple maps folders which could be switched between by clicking a "Next" button on the main menu. It would basically load up the pointed to xbe, which would have its own maps folder specified by changing some strings in the xbe. I have included the editor(and its source code) used to modify the xbes to point to each other in a chain.
Have fun.https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yfbcfknjq56az2p/AABJxvzlWOSieQPGPTqLMKWla?dl=0Edited by MosesofEgypt on Mar 17, 2018 at 03:48 PMEdited by MosesofEgypt on May 4, 2018 at 02:16 AM