A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Weapons appear in sapien, but act as scenery (ex:H2 BR not equippable)

Author Topic: Weapons appear in sapien, but act as scenery (ex:H2 BR not equippable) (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Reshirom200

I meant to join earlier, but I didn't :P

Posted: Jan 20, 2018 01:20 AM    Msg. 1 of 6       
I am currently having trouble with weapon tags in sapien, they appear in the game window -and sometimes in-game- but are unequippable. Can someone provide an answer to this problem?

Kinnet

My discord: Kinnet#1359

Posted: Jan 20, 2018 10:16 AM    Msg. 2 of 6       
Go to your weapon tag and in the label field change it to: ar

save and see if it works now

Reshirom200

Posted: Jan 20, 2018 11:30 AM    Msg. 3 of 6       
THANK YOU SOOO MUCH! it finally worked (and sorry for so many posts this week)

DeadHamster

Posted: Jan 20, 2018 12:26 PM    Msg. 4 of 6       
Quote: --- Original message by: Reshirom200
THANK YOU SOOO MUCH! it finally worked (and sorry for so many posts this week)

To give you an explanation of what you just did;

What that does is change how the player holds the weapon when viewed in third person. So if another player picked up the H2 br, and you looked at that player, the biped would use the same animation it uses to hold an assault rifle.

That h2 battle rifle you have was probably made alongside a new biped, and that new biped probably had a separate animation for how he held the battle rifle. But since the stock biped doesn't, the easiest way to fix it is to make them hold it like the closest weapon available. The Assault Rifle and Battle Rifle are very close, that's why it's the best pick.

If you were porting an H3 spiker, you may want to select the pistol or plasma pistol's animation instead, for example.

Reshirom200

Posted: Jan 20, 2018 03:55 PM    Msg. 5 of 6       
Thanks, I had just looked at their vanilla counterparts for an example and I didn't even think of it that way. I also dont exactly know how intergrate the Halo 2 vehicles into the map either. (p.s. its the same prob, in sapien, dont appear, also teh weapons disappear once i turned my back)

FtDSpartn

Thank you.

Posted: Feb 8, 2018 12:45 AM    Msg. 6 of 6       
Quote: --- Original message by: Reshirom200
Thanks, I had just looked at their vanilla counterparts for an example and I didn't even think of it that way. I also dont exactly know how intergrate the Halo 2 vehicles into the map either. (p.s. its the same prob, in sapien, dont appear, also teh weapons disappear once i turned my back)

Edit: I see you made another post and got an answer already, nevermind this.

If you're making an MP map, you have to use .item_collection tags, which are basically multiplayer's version of weapons.

To use the H2 vehicles you'll need to edit your globals.globals tag in your globals folder. There's a section called 'Multiplayer Information' and under that 'Vehicles'. You need to change (not add!) one of the vehicles to your H2 vehicle you want to have in-game. There's a way to just add more and have it work but it's more complex and requires scripting. Make sure you back up your globals tag or you'll have to re-extract if you mess something up.
Edited by FtDSpartn on Feb 8, 2018 at 12:46 AM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri February 23, 2018 11:02 AM 140 ms.
A Halo Maps Website