A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »How to add working vehicles in to CE

Author Topic: How to add working vehicles in to CE (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Reshirom200

u wot m8

Posted: Jan 21, 2018 09:52 PM    Msg. 1 of 4       
So I had gotten a halo 2 weapon and vehicles complete tag pack and once i placed them in sapien and save etc, I booted up CE and not a sign of those vehicles were there. Can anyone help me?

DeadHamster

Posted: Jan 22, 2018 11:26 AM    Msg. 2 of 4       
Quote: --- Original message by: Reshirom200
So I had gotten a halo 2 weapon and vehicles complete tag pack and once i placed them in sapien and save etc, I booted up CE and not a sign of those vehicles were there. Can anyone help me?

Is this a multiplayer maps?

Weapons don't respawn in MP, so they get deleted after 60 seconds unless you add them via item_collections, like all the other MP weapons are setup.

Vehicles need to be referenced right in the globals or a similar thing can happen. TBH, someone else needs to answer the vehicles in MP question because my knowledge on that is rusty.

Reshirom200

u wot m8

Posted: Jan 22, 2018 08:44 PM    Msg. 3 of 4       
how do I add them to the item collection (aren't those the default weapons already on the map?) isn't that the cheat_all_weapons command(for some reason they only appear there) The vehicles, I have no idea but to replace existing vehicles(like warthog_mp) and yes this is mp map
Edited by Reshirom200 on Jan 22, 2018 at 08:45 PM

DeadHamster

Posted: Jan 23, 2018 08:40 PM    Msg. 4 of 4       
You would make a new item collection in guerilla, and reference the weapon you want.

Then place one in sapien and use the browse button [...] to find your item_collection.

Now it'll respawn.

Open the globals.globals tag in guerilla, and find the vehicles dropdown. Replace the vehicles with the ones you want in your map, and then replace them in sapien as well. That should work? Again I'm not the one. Maybe altis or someone else who've made legitimate MP maps will see this and help.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue August 14, 2018 5:21 AM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website