A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts
  
 
»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Just uploaded my first mod!

Author Topic: Just uploaded my first mod! (23 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

BioGoji1989
Joined: Dec 24, 2017


Posted: Jan 22, 2018 02:49 PM    Msg. 1 of 23       
After a few weeks of stress and effort, I have finally uploaded my first mod! Granted, it hasn't been posted on the line yet, and sure, it's nothing too fancy, but I did it! I successfully modified existing tag tributes, added new tags, and compiled a cache file with tool to create a new.map file!

I'm now one of you guys... I hope.


DeadHamster
Joined: Jun 8, 2014


Posted: Jan 22, 2018 02:56 PM    Msg. 2 of 23       
Quote: --- Original message by: BioGoji1989
After a few weeks of stress and effort, I have finally uploaded my first mod! Granted, it hasn't been posted on the line yet...
I'm now one of you guys... I hope.



I feel so bad.




The halomaps online maps database hasn't been updated since March of 2016. There's no signs of that changing.



Go to HaloCE3 and post it there.


BioGoji1989
Joined: Dec 24, 2017


Posted: Jan 22, 2018 04:10 PM    Msg. 3 of 23       
Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
Quote: --- Original message by: BioGoji1989
After a few weeks of stress and effort, I have finally uploaded my first mod! Granted, it hasn't been posted on the line yet...
I'm now one of you guys... I hope.



I feel so bad.




The halomaps online maps database hasn't been updated since March of 2016. There's no signs of that changing.



Go to HaloCE3 and post it there.


Wait, does that mean my mod won't be posted here on HCE maps, like, at all? Ever?

Oh, and a quick question about the read me text. I AM supposed to include it in the .zip file along with the map, right? Not as a separate upload?
Edited by BioGoji1989 on Jan 22, 2018 at 04:12 PM


OrangeJuice
Joined: Jan 29, 2009

halohek.pbworks.com


Posted: Jan 22, 2018 04:12 PM    Msg. 4 of 23       
What is the file called?


DeadHamster
Joined: Jun 8, 2014


Posted: Jan 22, 2018 04:13 PM    Msg. 5 of 23       
Quote: --- Original message by: BioGoji1989
Wait, does that mean my mod won't be posted here on HCE maps, like, at all? Ever?



Ever. Sorry man, hate to be the one to tell you.
Edited by DeadHamster on Jan 22, 2018 at 04:13 PM


BioGoji1989
Joined: Dec 24, 2017


Posted: Jan 22, 2018 04:14 PM    Msg. 6 of 23       
Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice
What is the file called?


The file is a50_biogoji_v1.zip Or BioGoji's a50 mod v1.


Kinnet
Joined: Dec 27, 2013

Natsuki best boy


Posted: Jan 22, 2018 09:01 PM    Msg. 7 of 23       
Quote: --- Original message by: BioGoji1989
Wait, does that mean my mod won't be posted here on HCE maps, like, at all? Ever?

Can confirm, i uploaded a map on January of last year and still hasn't appeared on the maps section I guess Dennis doesn't have the time for it anymore.
Even tho it would probably just take a couple of hours


DeadHamster
Joined: Jun 8, 2014


Posted: Jan 22, 2018 10:39 PM    Msg. 8 of 23       
Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet
Quote: --- Original message by: BioGoji1989
Wait, does that mean my mod won't be posted here on HCE maps, like, at all? Ever?

Can confirm, i uploaded a map on January of last year and still hasn't appeared on the maps section I guess Dennis doesn't have the time for it anymore.
Even tho it would probably just take a couple of hours



Link

Dennis' company manages over 80 websites outside of Halomaps. Some of those I imagine actually make him some money, unlike us.


MatthewDratt
Joined: Sep 11, 2010

Newly redesigned MattDratt.com


Posted: Jan 23, 2018 12:58 AM    Msg. 9 of 23       
Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet
Even tho it would probably just take a couple of hours


it takes way longer than youd think

source
i decided to make my own halomaps
bad idea
Edited by MatthewDratt on Jan 23, 2018 at 12:58 AM


Dennis

Joined: Jan 27, 2005

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan


Posted: Jan 23, 2018 10:38 PM    Msg. 10 of 23       
Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
Dennis' company manages over 80 websites outside of Halomaps. Some of those I imagine actually make him some money, unlike us.
It is not about the money it is about family.


Spartan314
Joined: Aug 21, 2010

Former biped rigger & FP animator


Posted: Jan 28, 2018 12:34 AM    Msg. 11 of 23       
Congratulations on getting a release done regardless


rcghalohell
Joined: Feb 25, 2009

I can jump?Weeeee (pop!) (No1 heard from it again)


Posted: Jan 28, 2018 01:37 AM    Msg. 12 of 23       
for now, just spread the word, share a link through mediafire, and tell storm, he's cool and will most likely do a gamenight with it if it is multiplayer, if it is singleplayer, pass that my way, and ill do a gameplay video on it and share the word. would be nice downtime from my operation purgepoint work. been playing garry's mod for the last 2 days


BioGoji1989
Joined: Dec 24, 2017


Posted: Jan 28, 2018 09:32 PM    Msg. 13 of 23       
Quote: --- Original message by: rcghalohell
for now, just spread the word, share a link through mediafire, and tell storm, he's cool and will most likely do a gamenight with it if it is multiplayer, if it is singleplayer, pass that my way, and ill do a gameplay video on it and share the word. would be nice downtime from my operation purgepoint work. been playing garry's mod for the last 2 days


Well, I don't have a mediafire account. I did upload the file to CE3, in zip format, along with the requisite text file describing it. But, I haven't seen the map featured on CE3 at all since then, and it's been a week or two. Granted, I'm already working on a newer version of the mod, so maybe I'll just wait until I've finished that before I try releasing anything anywhere.

Also, when you say Storm, do you mean Storm from Storm and Blackbird? The guy with the deep voice? If so, it might be fun to see my mod featured on one of his videos. I'd love to watch as he reacts to the weirdly colored stealth elites and purple grunts I put in there.

Although, again, I am already working on campaign mod 1.5, so we'll see when I start uploading to anywhere.

Although, just to be safe, when I upload a modded map to CE3, I do include the text file in the zip file as the map, right?


rcghalohell
Joined: Feb 25, 2009

I can jump?Weeeee (pop!) (No1 heard from it again)


Posted: Jan 29, 2018 12:11 AM    Msg. 14 of 23       
Quote: --- Original message by: BioGoji1989
Quote: --- Original message by: rcghalohell
for now, just spread the word, share a link through mediafire, and tell storm, he's cool and will most likely do a gamenight with it if it is multiplayer, if it is singleplayer, pass that my way, and ill do a gameplay video on it and share the word. would be nice downtime from my operation purgepoint work. been playing garry's mod for the last 2 days


Well, I don't have a mediafire account. I did upload the file to CE3, in zip format, along with the requisite text file describing it. But, I haven't seen the map featured on CE3 at all since then, and it's been a week or two. Granted, I'm already working on a newer version of the mod, so maybe I'll just wait until I've finished that before I try releasing anything anywhere.

Also, when you say Storm, do you mean Storm from Storm and Blackbird? The guy with the deep voice? If so, it might be fun to see my mod featured on one of his videos. I'd love to watch as he reacts to the weirdly colored stealth elites and purple grunts I put in there.

Although, again, I am already working on campaign mod 1.5, so we'll see when I start uploading to anywhere.

Although, just to be safe, when I upload a modded map to CE3, I do include the text file in the zip file as the map, right?


mediafire is fairly easy, plus its the best way to instantly share, if its a campaign, i could do a gameplay video for you, and yes, that storm. hes a great guy


BioGoji1989
Joined: Dec 24, 2017


Posted: Jan 29, 2018 09:29 AM    Msg. 15 of 23       
Well, I followed your advice, and here it is.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dd5li60cduz6ez6/a50_biogoji_v1.zip

Just copy and paste the address into your browser's search bar.

Keep in mind this is version 1. Verson 1.5 will be released later alongside mods of a10, a30, and b30 in the coming month.
Edited by BioGoji1989 on Jan 29, 2018 at 09:31 AM
Edited by BioGoji1989 on Jan 29, 2018 at 09:32 AM


rcghalohell
Joined: Feb 25, 2009

I can jump?Weeeee (pop!) (No1 heard from it again)


Posted: Jan 29, 2018 01:34 PM    Msg. 16 of 23       
Quote: --- Original message by: BioGoji1989

Well, I followed your advice, and here it is.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dd5li60cduz6ez6/a50_biogoji_v1.zip

Just copy and paste the address into your browser's search bar.

Keep in mind this is version 1. Verson 1.5 will be released later alongside mods of a10, a30, and b30 in the coming month.
Edited by BioGoji1989 on Jan 29, 2018 at 09:31 AM
Edited by BioGoji1989 on Jan 29, 2018 at 09:32 AM


sounds great, ill make it easier for the rest of the people using the hyperlink button above the text box ^^^


DeadHamster
Joined: Jun 8, 2014


Posted: Jan 29, 2018 03:11 PM    Msg. 17 of 23       
I checked through the readme.

There weren't a ton of changes made, some updated textures and sounds. The Assault Rifle and Pistol were your big changes, but the Pistol isn't even available on the map?

If you want, add me on Discord; DeadHamster #8410


I don't really care much for small chat, but if you (or anyone else reading this) ever have modding questions send me a message there or a PM here, I'll be happy to help.

I'd love to see you continue working on this and make another release with an entirely new set of weapons, without any of them being stock. Not just updated visuals, but actual changes to the functions like with the AR. I feel that would be something well within your means that would still be a learning process, and the end result will still be something you can enjoy.

p.s. don't give automatic weapons headshots, never ends well.


Reshirom200
Joined: Jan 9, 2018

u wot m8


Posted: Jan 29, 2018 08:44 PM    Msg. 18 of 23       
I wish i could be like you guys, i think that i might release some terrible maps


BioGoji1989
Joined: Dec 24, 2017


Posted: Jan 29, 2018 09:26 PM    Msg. 19 of 23       
Quote: --- Original message by: Reshirom200
I wish i could be like you guys, i think that i might release some terrible maps


You won't know until you try. And even if you do release some terrible maps, at least you tried to make something. If at first you don't succeed, slam your head against the wall and cry in a corner, and then try again. That's what I did, and I eventually got the hang of modding... sort of. I'm still learning as I go along.

So, no matter how bad your first map is, just use that as a learning experience for the next one. Failure can be one of our greatest teachers.


rcghalohell
Joined: Feb 25, 2009

I can jump?Weeeee (pop!) (No1 heard from it again)


Posted: Jan 29, 2018 10:57 PM    Msg. 20 of 23       
just do what me and half the community does, rip and mod


rudeboy13
Joined: Oct 23, 2016


Posted: Jan 30, 2018 01:54 AM    Msg. 21 of 23       
Quote: --- Original message by: BioGoji1989

Well, I followed your advice, and here it is.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dd5li60cduz6ez6/a50_biogoji_v1.zip

Just copy and paste the address into your browser's search bar.

Keep in mind this is version 1. Verson 1.5 will be released later alongside mods of a10, a30, and b30 in the coming month.
Edited by BioGoji1989 on Jan 29, 2018 at 09:31 AM
Edited by BioGoji1989 on Jan 29, 2018 at 09:32 AM


ModDB is also a pretty good place to upload stuff onto. Just head to the Halo Custom Edition page and submit an addon


Reshirom200
Joined: Jan 9, 2018

u wot m8


Posted: Jan 30, 2018 04:45 PM    Msg. 22 of 23       
Thanks biogoji i now have CONFIDENCE! id also like to say i am going to get your mod!

Edited by Reshirom200 on Jan 30, 2018 at 05:07 PM


MosesofEgypt
Joined: Apr 3, 2013


Posted: Jan 31, 2018 03:01 AM    Msg. 23 of 23       
Glad to see you've gotten your feet wet enough to start exploring the rest of the engine at your own pace. I've seen the threads you've been making to ask questions. Glad to see you're not letting the opaqueness of much of the editing process stop you from trying anyway. Look forward to seeing you try new things and just have fun doing so. Cheers!

 

 
Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread







Time: Thu July 19, 2018 1:53 PM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website