A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[RELEASE] RagtimeGal 3.0 (Tag Organizer!)

Author Topic: [RELEASE] RagtimeGal 3.0 (Tag Organizer!) (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

DeadHamster

Posted: Jan 22, 2018 10:27 PM    Msg. 1 of 6       
Posted this in "Technical / Map Design" subforum by mistake. Instant regret. Nobody goes to this site and even less go to that subforum, so I am shamelessly reposting this somewhere where it's views will at least hit double-digits. Dennis feel free to merge or delete, but if you do, please be kind to me and merge them in the General Discussion sub.

This is an update to my old renamer tool called Michigan J. Frogomizer/RagtimeGal

If you had either of the previous copies, delete them immediately and install this.

Download Link

Video Tutorial Link;

I know you're asking "Why do I need such a silly app?"

Everybody needs this silly app. It takes any mapfile, and reorganizes the tag names so that they can be extracted without being a complete mess. Instead of ripping an assault rifle and getting something like this;

to something like this

Wow, doesn't that look better?

And I know you're next thought, "Yeah but it doesn't work for OpenSauce tags"

Yes, it does;

That's my mombasa map. You can see how organize mode groups all tags together in specific folders based on their tag class. Then it puts them inside the directory I chose. If I had chosen HEK+ tags, any external tags would not have been renamed so that HEK+ could extract them properly (but instead I would use Refinery, which should work flawlessly.)

And what if the map was protected? Well I took my eternal lightning source code and wove it into the app, so you can rename tags based on their TagID.

So your last desperate bit of hate is that you have to organize your tags to the folders I decided? Ha! Hahaha!

Just select About>Organize Chart, and a new menu appears which will let you load the chart, modify the directory that the various tag classes will be extracted to, and then resave. Now you can even share the .frog files with your friends, so they have your premade settings. And if you want to add more tag classes, like for OpenSauce extensions, you can just open the .frog files in notepad and modify them from there. Wow!

And all is this is like what, 10 bucks?

No are you crazy! It's free! Download it, why haven't you already? You read all of this? Go back up there and click that link!

Huge thanks to MosesOfEgypt for helping me locate some tag and map offsets and for clarifying where HEK+'s faults were.

Edited by DeadHamster on Jan 30, 2018 at 03:35 AM

BioGoji1989

Posted: Jan 22, 2018 10:39 PM    Msg. 2 of 6       
Is this compatible with MEK? Will it work alongside Refinery?

DeadHamster

Posted: Jan 22, 2018 11:14 PM    Msg. 3 of 6       
Quote: --- Original message by: BioGoji1989
Is this compatible with MEK? Will it work alongside Refinery?

Yes!

It hasn't yet been extensively tested with refinery, and truly 3.0 hasn't been extensively tested at all. But this was intended to be used with Refinery. If you notice any bugs let me know immediately so that I can make adjustments.

You still need to first compile your tags into a dummy mapfile so that they can be opened and renamed with this app. That is the simplest way to rename tags and change their directories while also maintaining their references to one another.

Bungie LLC

friendly neighborhood contrarian funposter

Posted: Jan 23, 2018 12:04 PM    Msg. 4 of 6       
This app was a godsend when I used a previous build to condense bigass's tagset - and all it's dependancies (outside of those stored within loc, sounds, and bitmaps) - down to one folder in my root tags directory. Glad to see that it's still getting support. I hope at some point in the near future I can see Fudd get a touch-up, too

EmmanuelCD

End my suffering

Posted: Jan 25, 2018 01:14 PM    Msg. 5 of 6       
Good, now i can reorganize my ripped tags with this app into my own personal folder

DeadHamster

Posted: Jan 30, 2018 03:39 AM    Msg. 6 of 6       
Updated the first post with a link to a video tutorial, for anyone that wants to see how this program works, whether it's before or after downloading it.

Edit; There also appears to be a bug between the way this tool renames tags and the way refinery extracts sound tags that are stored in a resource map. Stay tuned for more details and updates.
Edited by DeadHamster on Jan 30, 2018 at 03:58 AM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon July 23, 2018 11:19 AM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website