A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Singleplayer tags not working(p.s.these are from the tag pack section)

Author Topic: Singleplayer tags not working(p.s.these are from the tag pack section) (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Reshirom200

goo.gl/viU1Js

Posted: Jan 23, 2018 08:42 PM    Msg. 1 of 7       
Okay so I had gotten "bug free" singleplayer tags (http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=6690) and I was exited so I could make an ai battle, but... palette errors. How do I fix this stupid error? (p.s. I am not going to get HEK+, sry, and can't someone dropbox tags to me??-just a thought)

DeadHamster

Posted: Jan 23, 2018 09:05 PM    Msg. 2 of 7       
Quote: --- Original message by: Reshirom200
Okay so I had gotten "bug free" singleplayer tags (http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=6690) and I was exited so I could make an ai battle, but... palette errors. How do I fix this stupid error?

Give more info on the exact error, screenshots or a better description.

Quote: (p.s. I am not going to get HEK+, sry,

There's another program called refinery, works better. Not sure what your issue with getting the program is.

Quote: and can't someone dropbox tags to me??-just a thought)

If you're not willing to take the time to download a program to extract the tags you want, how can you expect anyone else to take the time to do it for you? I'll walk you through everything you need as long as you're patient, and are descriptive with your trouble. Most people, myself included, are very happy to teach, but you won't find anyone that'll do it for you. You can find plenty of posts on this forum of others who found that out.

Reshirom200

goo.gl/viU1Js

Posted: Jan 23, 2018 09:36 PM    Msg. 3 of 7       
OH I've never heard of "Refinery" before, I'm guessing that its on this website too, first I'm going to check guerilla first, and do you know where grunt footstep sounds are?

BioGoji1989

Posted: Jan 23, 2018 11:57 PM    Msg. 4 of 7       
OH I've never heard of "Refinery" before, I'm guessing that its on this website too, first I'm going to check guerilla first, and do you know where grunt footstep sounds are?

Refinery is part of Moses Editing Kit, or MEK for short. It contains just about everything you'll need for modding, although you'll still need the original HEK program files in order to take full advantage of MEK's features, as Pool requires Tool in order to work at all, and without Tool, you ain't gettin' nowhere, so to speak.

Also, grunt footsteps would be in the sound directory of a .map file, most likely through sound\sfx\impulse\footsteps\grunt. Hope that helps.

And for what Refinery is? Basically, it's kind of like HEK+... only good. Well, maybe not quite like HEK+. It performs a similar function, in that it extracts tags and data from .map and .yelo files, but it also offers so many more options than HEK+, including recursive extraction (basically extracting all of the dependencies or related necessary for a specific tag to work properly), and it lets you look at the directories of a map file, so that you can find what you're looking for with nice organized folders, and you can even choose if you want to extract tags or data.

Reshirom200

goo.gl/viU1Js

Posted: Jan 26, 2018 08:57 PM    Msg. 5 of 7       
thanks, I was extremely impatient and btw I apparently found all of those "missing" tags, thanks for your help, ill give MEK a try

DeadHamster

Posted: Jan 27, 2018 02:51 AM    Msg. 6 of 7       
thanks, I was extremely impatient and btw I apparently found all of those "missing" tags, thanks for your help, ill give MEK a try

He just released an "essentials" kit in General Discussion, I highly recommend downloading that as it should install and run without any issue.

Reshirom200

goo.gl/viU1Js

Posted: Jan 27, 2018 09:07 PM    Msg. 7 of 7       
thanks and nice avatar

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue June 19, 2018 8:31 PM 375 ms.
A Halo Maps Website