A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »BSP limits and transitions

Author Topic: BSP limits and transitions (2 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Halo Noob Modder117

I guess I'm just going to have to rip your tags

Posted: Jan 25, 2018 07:59 PM    Msg. 1 of 2       
Compared to OS, what are the base game limitations of BSP counts in a single scenario? Is it limitless? Or is it based on overall tag size rather than amount?

Also, regarding transitioning, can you go from BSP1 to BSP3 while skipping BSP2?

Say you got a triangle BSP with two doors leading into separate but connected BSPs, would that even work or do you have to always go from 1 to 2 to 3 without skipping any?

Ok say in a10 I added a new BSP, and I place it at the bottom of the list as a10h.scenario_structure_bsp but in-game I intended on it being between lets say a10d and a10e. Can I therefore go from the BSP4 trigger to BSP6 trigger or would I have to rename EVERY BSP structure and further redo the maps script?

Why would I be asking about such a mind boggling question? To avoid breaking or remaking a missions script. Say if I do have to rename and re-script, how would I go about fixing a script if I want to leave a mission untouched but add new BSPs?

DeadHamster

Posted: Jan 25, 2018 08:30 PM    Msg. 2 of 2       
Quote: --- Original message by: Halo Noob Modder117
Compared to OS, what are the base game limitations of BSP counts in a single scenario? Is it limitless? Or is it based on overall tag size rather than amount?

Also, regarding transitioning, can you go from BSP1 to BSP3 while skipping BSP2?

Say you got a triangle BSP with two doors leading into separate but connected BSPs, would that even work or do you have to always go from 1 to 2 to 3 without skipping any?

Ok say in a10 I added a new BSP, and I place it at the bottom of the list as a10h.scenario_structure_bsp but in-game I intended on it being between lets say a10d and a10e. Can I therefore go from the BSP4 trigger to BSP6 trigger or would I have to rename EVERY BSP structure and further redo the maps script?

Why would I be asking about such a mind boggling question? To avoid breaking or remaking a missions script. Say if I do have to rename and re-script, how would I go about fixing a script if I want to leave a mission untouched but add new BSPs?

You can go from any bsp to any other bsp, however the game does not move the player. The campaign overlaps BSP sections, the tunnel where the switch happens exists in both BSP models and when the player gets to the far end of the level, the next section loads. If they player turns around and goes back, the previous section loads. Since the same geometry exists on both BSPs, this transition is seamless to the player.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue August 14, 2018 5:21 AM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website