A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »So I'm picking up Unity to start playing with my own ideas...

Author Topic: So I'm picking up Unity to start playing with my own ideas... (11 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Jan 31, 2018 08:24 PM    Msg. 1 of 11       
First off, please don't start any engine fanboy-ing. I don't care if you think XXXX is better than Unity or w/e. Go argue somewhere else.

My point in making this thread is to say that I actually am leaving the Halo modding scene as completely as I can afford to. I'll still lurk every so often and try to fix any bugs you guys come across, but I literally don't have the desire or time to continue making new tools. I've even removed myself from all Halo modding discords channels I was a part of. So yeah, no chance of a HoMo'Sapien.

"BUT MO, DIDN'T YOU SAY BACK IN LATE OCTOBER THAT YOU WERE LEAVING THEN????"
Yeah, I did. I was also supposed to be getting a job at that time with a company which would have had me programming and designing things for them. The wait for a job drug on until January 9th when the boss basically told me that their client wasn't giving them the big load of work they were hiring me on to help with, and that I should seek employment elsewhere. Kinda hard to keep yourself from going back to your modding efforts when you're sitting on your thumbs for ~2.5 months. Since then I've been trying to get a Linux machine up and running with Android studio to start developing some small android apps. That didn't turn out due to a lot of hardware and software issues I could not deal with. So I'm going to start trying to make games with Unity. WHEEEEEEEeeeeeeee......

Anyway, if any of you know special bits of information about tags that you wish were in mozzarilla, I encourage you to download TortoiseHg(or whatever mercurial client/frontend you want), clone my reclaimer repository, add the comments and tooltips, and submit a pull request. I'll look over any pull requests I get, determine if any changes need to be made, and if not then I'll merge it into the master branch and update the MEK and MEK Essentials.

I honestly don't expect many if any of you to do this, which is why I'm willing to spend time to push out any positive changes any of you supply as updates. Michelle already added a few things here and there, but there could definitely be much more. Here is the repository:
https://bitbucket.org/Moses_of_Egypt/reclaimer

and here is one of michelle's commits to help show you how simple it is to add these:
https://bitbucket.org/Moses_of_Egypt/reclaimer/commits/dae6ce36287055659af69ce82e30ef4adba87a26

Should be pretty obvious, but green lines were added with the commit, and red were removed.
Edited by MosesofEgypt on Jan 31, 2018 at 08:27 PM

DeadHamster

Posted: Jan 31, 2018 08:37 PM    Msg. 2 of 11       
See you in 2.5 months.

EmmanuelCD

End my suffering

Posted: Jan 31, 2018 08:57 PM    Msg. 3 of 11       
Quote: --- Original message by: MosesofEgypt

So yeah, no chance of a HoMo'Sapien.
Edited by MosesofEgypt on Jan 31, 2018 at 08:27 PM

Well good at Unity, its my focus after finishing my career. Good luck Moses

SOI_7

Tatsumaki best waifu

Posted: Feb 1, 2018 07:24 AM    Msg. 4 of 11       
Unity is bae, you'll have a lot of fun with it. Looking forward your future projects

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Feb 2, 2018 01:58 PM    Msg. 5 of 11       
Quote: --- Original message by: SOI_7
Unity is bae, you'll have a lot of fun with it. Looking forward your future projects

Unreal master race

Alex

Posted: Feb 2, 2018 03:56 PM    Msg. 6 of 11       
CryEngine V

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Feb 2, 2018 05:39 PM    Msg. 7 of 11       
Why are you posting pictures of real life.

Reshirom200

u wot m8

Posted: Feb 2, 2018 09:51 PM    Msg. 8 of 11       
lol, unity and unreal are lit fam

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Feb 3, 2018 04:28 PM    Msg. 9 of 11       
Quote: --- Original message by: Alex
CryEngine V

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/CjotT_m_ww8/maxresdefault.jpg

Fancy graphics do not a game make. Cryengine is a peice of trash and should be heralded as one

cippozzo

"I... I am a monument to all your sins."

Posted: Feb 3, 2018 05:38 PM    Msg. 10 of 11       
Good luck moses, shall C# be loved as Python.

EmmanuelCD

End my suffering

Posted: Feb 5, 2018 10:34 PM    Msg. 11 of 11       
Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper

Cryengine is a peice of trash and should be heralded as one

Quote: --- Original message by: MosesofEgypt

First off, please don't start any engine fanboy-ing. I don't care if you think XXXX is better than Unity or w/e. Go argue somewhere else.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed November 21, 2018 12:04 PM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website