A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »What is used during fp animation in halo?

Author Topic: What is used during fp animation in halo? (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Reshirom200

I meant to join earlier, but I didn't :P

Posted: Feb 2, 2018 11:11 PM    Msg. 1 of 5       
As you can see this image is from the halo 2 Beta (courtesy of Gamecheat13). What im trying to aim for is a close replica of that animation... does anyone know what to use?

DeadHamster

Posted: Feb 3, 2018 02:18 AM    Msg. 2 of 5       
Quote: --- Original message by: Reshirom200
https://imgflip.com/gif/23veht As you can see this image is from the halo 2 Beta (courtesy of Gamecheat13). What im trying to aim for is a close replica of that animation... does anyone know what to use?

Animations are made using 3DS max. This is not a beginner's item, I would first recommend acquiring a copy of 3DS max. I use a version of 2010. The regular version is prohibitively expensive, and because of this only studio's which plan to release their material commercially can afford it. You should try to use Google and see if you can find a way to get it.

After getting 3DS max, first thing you should learn is level creation. Once you've made a level, you'll be experienced enough with the HEK and 3DS to learn how to make an animation.

Reshirom200

Posted: Feb 3, 2018 11:34 AM    Msg. 3 of 5       
Oh. Thanks, i love old mombasa by the by. Oh isnt there a way to used a cracked version or gmax or is this feature easier in 3ds?
Edited by Reshirom200 on Feb 3, 2018 at 11:35 AM

DeadHamster

Posted: Feb 3, 2018 01:04 PM    Msg. 4 of 5       
Quote: --- Original message by: Reshirom200

Oh. Thanks, i love old mombasa by the by. Oh isnt there a way to used a cracked version or gmax or is this feature easier in 3ds?
Edited by Reshirom200 on Feb 3, 2018 at 11:35 AM

Gmax won't be useful for animations, 3DS max is definitely the best way.

This forum doesn't support pirated or cracked software however, so if you were to discuss it any further here you'd risk being banned.

Reshirom200

Posted: Feb 4, 2018 06:11 PM    Msg. 5 of 5       
okay thanks

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri February 23, 2018 11:05 AM 281 ms.
A Halo Maps Website