A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Some sounds not playing

Author Topic: Some sounds not playing (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

The Gravemind

I Am The Monument To All Your Sins

Posted: Feb 12, 2018 09:11 PM    Msg. 1 of 3       
So after I compiled a map i'm working on everything works fine except weapons don't make sounds (including grenade throw sound) neither do doors. The strange thing is that if I throw a plasma grenade after it explodes the sounds comeback but go away soon after. This is really strange and has never happened to me before. Anybody got any ideas on how to fix this?

MrChromed

What are you looking at?

Posted: Feb 15, 2018 08:49 AM    Msg. 2 of 3       
When you create SFX for weapons, make sure to use the right settings for them.
For example: if you're compiling firing sounds, open the compiled .sound in Guerilla and set the "class" to "weapon_fire". If it's a reloading sound, the class should be "weapon_reload" and so on.

You can view the sound\sfx\weapons directory as reference in order to understand the right settings for the different kinds of sounds that will have a weapon (including grenades). And also, make sure you're compiling the sounds in mono and in Xbox format (you can download the Xbox codec right here: https://haloce3.com/downloads/misc-files/xbox-codec-updated-3264bit/ )

Natively, Halo CE doesn't recognize the 44Khz quality for weapons sounds, but you can use a "trick" in order to emulate the 44Khz and gain some audio quality: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=48948

And as for the .wav files, they must be always in 16-bit sample rate and mono format (at least for the weapon sounds). I hope this express tutorial can help you.
Edited by Isxz on Feb 15, 2018 at 08:55 AM

The Gravemind

I Am The Monument To All Your Sins

Posted: Feb 15, 2018 06:46 PM    Msg. 3 of 3       
thanks this helped!

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun July 22, 2018 6:05 PM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website