A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »How do I restart Tags??

Author Topic: How do I restart Tags?? (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

rodrick12345

Posted: Feb 16, 2018 01:50 AM    Msg. 1 of 5       
Is there a way to restart your tags folder. I mean like is there a way to uninstall all the tags from the tags folder to have a restart??? Do I just delete them all in the folder inorder to restart?? Because I have used guerilla on it a lot and didn't make a backup folder. So if you could I need to restart my tags folder.

DeadHamster

Posted: Feb 16, 2018 07:27 AM    Msg. 2 of 5       
Delete everything and run the HEK installer again. Uninstall the HEK, then re-run the installer and re-install the HEK.

Then make a compressed (.zip or .rar) of your TAGS folder so you have it for next time.

Experimental Method:

Alternatively, you can delete everything inside of your TAGS folder, and then try ripping all your maps using Refinery. Don't use HEK+, but using Refinery you MAY be able to do this as well. The tags also may have an error somewhere, and if so MosesOfEgypt would love to know even though he may pretend otherwise.

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Feb 16, 2018 11:49 AM    Msg. 3 of 5       
Don't delete the UI folder, it has tags in there used for Sapien that are not found in any maps.

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Feb 16, 2018 01:30 PM    Msg. 4 of 5       
Masterz is more specifically saying not to delete "ui/editor" as that folder contains some of the gizmo markers used by sapien. You should back up ui/editor if you ever intend to just clear your tags directory, as sapien wont load without that folder. If you DID delete it, you can find a backup here on my dropbox.

forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=50543

MatthewDratt

Newly redesigned MattDratt.com

Posted: Feb 16, 2018 01:36 PM    Msg. 5 of 5       
This is the default tag folder that comes with HEK. (Data folder)
Edited by MatthewDratt on Feb 16, 2018 at 01:37 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon December 17, 2018 1:14 PM 282 ms.
A Halo Maps Website