A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »changing the post carnage texture

Author Topic: changing the post carnage texture (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Reshirom200

u wot m8

Posted: Feb 16, 2018 11:49 PM    Msg. 1 of 4       
I want to change this texture into one that bears a reseamblence to halo 2's, how do i do this, also where could i get this texture??

MrChromed

Developer on SPv3/CMT and ShadowMods Team.

Posted: Feb 17, 2018 09:25 AM    Msg. 2 of 4       
The "Post Carnage Report" table is located in ui\ui\shell\bitmaps, named as "postgame_carnage_report.bitmap". You can change the texture by opening the .hud_globals tag (assuming you're using the original tag, you need to open the one located in ui\hud\default.hud_globals. If you're using a different one and don't remember which one is, you can open the "globals.globals" tag and look into the "INTERFACE BITMAPS" section, to finally see the "hud globals" field).

Once you open the tag, go to the "Time out flash color" section and replace the original bitmap located in the "carnage report bitmap" field with the new one.

The original texture is using a resolution of 1024x512px, BUT, the table drawn in the texture itself is only occupying a space of 640x480px. That's because Halo was made to originally use 4:3 resolutions. So, if you're going to use a custom texture, this one must have the same properties.

As for the H2 post carnage report texture, Idk where to find it, so I recommend to create one from scratch. I hope this helped.
Edited by Isxz on Feb 17, 2018 at 07:22 PM

SBB_Michelle

Floof

Posted: Feb 17, 2018 01:09 PM    Msg. 3 of 4       
Got this out of zteam's coagulation

Download:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=12BnEhpZk2iRYpdd7QwG5YzMlRs-44mHZ

Reshirom200

u wot m8

Posted: Feb 17, 2018 06:19 PM    Msg. 4 of 4       
Thanks <3

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed December 12, 2018 9:50 PM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website