A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Lumoria Feedback

Page 2 of 2 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · Prev
Author Topic: Lumoria Feedback (69 messages, Page 2 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

natepley

Posted: Mar 5, 2018 11:08 AM    Msg. 36 of 69       
This sounds really awesome! I'm looking forward to it. If you want to extend the maps, maybe you could use some unused sections from SPV2. I love going back and playing SPV2 sometimes - especially Halo - since many of the extra areas don't show up in SPV3.

I'll also add my name to the list of people who definitely want to hear Blow Me Away in SPV3 Lumoria.

Adding wildlife to Lumoria would make sense since it's a planet, but I'm not sure if it would make sense for blind wolves to be there since they live on halo... Even if it didn't make sense I think they'd add some atmosphere and gameplay options to Lumoria.
Edited by natepley on Mar 5, 2018 at 11:09 AM

Echo77

Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Posted: Mar 5, 2018 01:22 PM    Msg. 37 of 69       
Quote: --- Original message by: natepley
Adding wildlife to Lumoria would make sense since it's a planet, but I'm not sure if it would make sense for blind wolves to be there since they live on halo...

Given that the Halo rings are artificial, I don't think any wildlife found on them would be native to the construct. They'd probably be species that had been brought in from elsewhere. I agree that it'd be good to see more ambient wildlife on Lumoria.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Mar 5, 2018 02:31 PM    Msg. 38 of 69       
Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
Adding wildlife to Lumoria would make sense since it's a planet, but I'm not sure if it would make sense for blind wolves to be there since they live on halo...

Given that the Halo rings are artificial, I don't think any wildlife found on them would be native to the construct. They'd probably be species that had been brought in from elsewhere. I agree that it'd be good to see more ambient wildlife on Lumoria.

We had planned on adding some blind wolves/larger dinosaur looking creatures from E3 2000 demo into Lumoria but never panned out. I think we had the models made for them though.

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Mar 5, 2018 06:40 PM    Msg. 39 of 69       
Quote: --- Original message by: ItzMeFizzie
Nice! I would love to play lumoria with SPV3 tagset! The gunplay in SPV3 is increadible fun! It makes Halo CE so much better in my opinion.

Lumoria is a great campaign! Really fun and epic! But the problem is that i ain't too keen on the original Halo CE gunplay. It's outdated. But SPV3's combat is just so damn amazing!

Please make this happen Masterz, it would be amazing! I love your work with SPV3. And i think this and Oddball will be amazing as well! Keep it up! :)

You shouldn't be disappointed in this then.

Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator
Sorry Dennis but that guy Masterz1337 isn't a good person and he shouldnt be making halo mods.
There is substantial evidence to the contrary.

<3

Quote: --- Original message by: Pepzee
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
The project is underway and we have been playing with SPV3 Lumoria for several days now.

First, I hope there is a better name than "SPV3 Lumoria". I mean SPV3 was a campaign series that has been completed right? Lumoria Remastered or something else would be somewhat better.

Higuy invited us to voice concern. So here is mine.

I would be very careful about breaking the Halo 1 feel that this series of maps was designed for. This map was released with the specific intent to use Halo 1 graphics and tagsets, even though there were many other options available when the map was released in 2010. Breaking the Halo 1 feel may make the map feel out of place.

Despite my concerns, I am sure that the map will be remastered wonderfully.

Good luck.

SPV3 Lumoria is what we are calling it internally, but the plan is to marry it into the SPV3 family with the next update (3.2). One of my biggest problems (while still loving Lumoria) was that it was focused on the wide and grand environments, but was based around a tagset that was really all about close range fighting rather than ranged, and there were several concessions made to it in order for it to work (ai firing at longer ranges, which like H5 creates a situation of more pop and shoot vs getting in with your AR).

Our tagset does offer a lot more in the ranged enemy variety, as well as units like the skirmisher who can take use of these massive environments. We want to give Lumoria the same treatment we gave the original campaign, and make it feel like a bonus add on to SPV3, just as Lumoria was designed to feel like a bonus add on to H1.

We really want to marry it closer to H1 as well, with the revised story sort of being connective tissue between Reach, H1, and oddly enough, H5. We're keeping the story 90% the same, but will be changing some of the lore around it to make it better fit into it being sort of an expansion pack to H1, but able to tap into some of the newer lore with the forunners and the flood.

This sounds really awesome! I'm looking forward to it. If you want to extend the maps, maybe you could use some unused sections from SPV2. I love going back and playing SPV2 sometimes - especially Halo - since many of the extra areas don't show up in SPV3.

I'll also add my name to the list of people who definitely want to hear Blow Me Away in SPV3 Lumoria.

Adding wildlife to Lumoria would make sense since it's a planet, but I'm not sure if it would make sense for blind wolves to be there since they live on halo... Even if it didn't make sense I think they'd add some atmosphere and gameplay options to Lumoria.
Edited by natepley on Mar 5, 2018 at 11:09 AM

Wildlife is def something I wanted to add with our blind wolves. We haven't looked much into getting new areas into it, as things are already well defined and well paced. But I did want to try and replace that one AOTCR room in episode 1.

I like a lot of our old geometry too... there is probably enough of it to cobble together a potential Lumoria Episode 3 /4 (we have decided to make Lumoria parts c and d, one mission, and make a and b their own chapters) with the new story we have as a sort of epilogue, but there are no plans for that and it is far far to early to be making any decisions. If higuy has more geometry.. it could be a possibility.

Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77

We had planned on adding some blind wolves/larger dinosaur looking creatures from E3 2000 demo into Lumoria but never panned out. I think we had the models made for them though.

gimme files nao

Reshirom200

goo.gl/viU1Js

Posted: Mar 5, 2018 07:57 PM    Msg. 40 of 69       
Adding wildlife to Lumoria would make sense since it's a planet, but I'm not sure if it would make sense for blind wolves to be there since they live on halo... Edited by natepley on Mar 5, 2018 at 11:09 AM

I totally agree with this, one day i was rippin lumoria(please dont hurt me) and saw those bird like things from halo 2, ive searched everywhere for the biped or model, but no avail. Mybe you could add those... OOOOoooh... thornbeast... Buuuuuttt i dunno. Just my opinion.

(there could be just a brand new species, or the moa or cut wildlife from both Halo Wars and Halo 3)

SeL

https://twitter.com/FalldogStudio

Posted: Mar 5, 2018 11:02 PM    Msg. 41 of 69       
Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator
Masterz1337 isn't a good person and he shouldnt be making halo mods.

masterz did 9/11

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Mar 6, 2018 03:30 AM    Msg. 42 of 69       
If blind wolves are going to be added...
For the love of God
please improve their animations
Or just the entire blindwolf in general

CLASSIFIED

I don't know as much about coding as I should...

Posted: Mar 6, 2018 11:55 AM    Msg. 43 of 69       
My favorite thing was how bright and vibrant Lumoria was, which was something I felt SPV3 lacked, it felt darker and a little grittier, which I felt worked with CE's original campaign, but I think wouldn't translate well into Lumoria. I beg and plea for you not to change the atmosphere so much that it changes that as well.

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Mar 6, 2018 04:17 PM    Msg. 44 of 69       
Adding wildlife to Lumoria would make sense since it's a planet, but I'm not sure if it would make sense for blind wolves
Forerunner planets and Rings worlds would most likely share the same flora and fauna since they had to be transplanted from somewhere. While there would be a larger abundance on planets I would think that there would be a larger diversity on ring worlds since they were manufactured and could draw on numerous planets. After all Lumoria is actually an artifact not a planet. I know because I said so in the second episode.

Reshirom200

goo.gl/viU1Js

Posted: Mar 6, 2018 10:51 PM    Msg. 45 of 69       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
Adding wildlife to Lumoria would make sense since it's a planet, but I'm not sure if it would make sense for blind wolves
Forerunner planets and Rings worlds would most likely share the same flora and fauna since they had to be transplanted from somewhere. While there would be a larger abundance on planets I would think that there would be a larger diversity on ring worlds since they were manufactured and could draw on numerous planets.

I agree with Dennis completely

Quote: --- Original message by:CLASSIFIEDMy favorite thing was how bright and vibrant Lumoria was, which was something I felt SPV3 lacked, it felt darker and a little grittier, which I felt worked with CE's original campaign, but I think wouldn't translate well into Lumoria. I beg and plea for you not to change the atmosphere so much that it changes that as well.
Quote:

Lumoria was indeed very vibrant(i dont know if he means that literally or figurativly) YES
PLEASE DONOT CHANGE THIS, its kind of the only thing that sets this apart from other sp maps(besides the voice acting)

Quote: --- Original message by:Spartan314If blind wolves are going to be added...
For the love of God
please improve their animations
Or just the entire blindwolf in general
Quote:

LOLZ... yeah... you really need to work on those

Edited by Reshirom200 on Mar 7, 2018 at 05:39 PM

SOI_7

Tatsumaki best waifu

Posted: Mar 10, 2018 11:03 AM    Msg. 46 of 69       
Perhaps it would be more helpful if you actually said what has to be fixed with them instead of just saying "lolz fix the wolves"

Reshirom200

goo.gl/viU1Js

Posted: Mar 10, 2018 11:28 AM    Msg. 47 of 69       
the texture is fine, but at least fix the death animation, it just kind of... sits there, looking like some horribly fake movie prop. you could maybe fix the walking animations too...

if you fix anything fix the death animation

Edited by Reshirom200 on Mar 10, 2018 at 11:29 AM

SOI_7

Tatsumaki best waifu

Posted: Mar 10, 2018 12:23 PM    Msg. 48 of 69       
Much better. I'll look into it

Masters1337

Posted: Mar 10, 2018 02:00 PM    Msg. 49 of 69       
In other news, we've successfully merged some of the episode 2 maps. So now there will be episode 1, episode 2, and episode 3. Lumoria parts 3 and 4 are now just episode 3, and the plan is to give them their own story arch, where as episode 1 and 2 have each of their own.

Also have been debating giving the missions actually names, rather than Episode 1 2 and 3.

Reshirom200

goo.gl/viU1Js

Posted: Mar 10, 2018 03:33 PM    Msg. 50 of 69       
I dont know about the other episodes, but see if you like "An endless Horizon" for the first episode
i dont know if that good enough, but i wold try to mention something about the planet

DaLode

Ho ho hooooly doodle!

Posted: Mar 11, 2018 09:34 AM    Msg. 51 of 69       
The project is open source so people can do as they please.
Though I am concerned with some of the plans here. I didn't like the SPv3 visual style, and would prefer not to see it in Lumoria. As others have mentioned, this project was meant to be more vibrant in style. Changing up the story - especially linking it to Halo 5 - is also a big nono, and I am also definitely not interested in seeing any new episodes that weren't devised by us.

Last but not least, definitely don't call the project "Lumoria Remastered", as the term remastered is only applicable when the original creators agree that the updates and changes are in line with the lovingly created vision of the original project.

If I had the time and motivation to undertake an actual remastered version, I would just like to see some upgraded visuals and tags (but not a change in style). Most of the encounters are fine as they are (indeed the original tagset was adjusted to expand the range of certain enemies), there's just a few bugs and tidbits I would still tweak (such as adding in a few nav-points here to clarify objectives).

Again though, in the end it's completely open source so go nuts. Just give proper credit. But it doesn't mean I like to see our baby treated like this

Masters1337

Posted: Mar 13, 2018 01:50 PM    Msg. 52 of 69       
Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode
The project is open source so people can do as they please.
Though I am concerned with some of the plans here. I didn't like the SPv3 visual style, and would prefer not to see it in Lumoria. As others have mentioned, this project was meant to be more vibrant in style. Changing up the story - especially linking it to Halo 5 - is also a big nono, and I am also definitely not interested in seeing any new episodes that weren't devised by us.

Last but not least, definitely don't call the project "Lumoria Remastered", as the term remastered is only applicable when the original creators agree that the updates and changes are in line with the lovingly created vision of the original project.

If I had the time and motivation to undertake an actual remastered version, I would just like to see some upgraded visuals and tags (but not a change in style). Most of the encounters are fine as they are (indeed the original tagset was adjusted to expand the range of certain enemies), there's just a few bugs and tidbits I would still tweak (such as adding in a few nav-points here to clarify objectives).

Again though, in the end it's completely open source so go nuts. Just give proper credit. But it doesn't mean I like to see our baby treated like this

Well, I wouldn't be worried about the visual style being changed, outside of weapons and assets, I don't plan on doing anything that desaturates it like we did with A30. The only thing I do want to do is since we are having it be 3 missions (episode 2 is now umoria_b and lumoria_cd) is to have the time of day change as you go through the maps.

Unfortunately, the story was one of the things most criticized by people when it came out. I can go over my proposed changes for it in discord with you, but it's all largely staying the same. Same characters, same events. Some slight different motivations behind the characters as it takes place as they fled reach, but I'd say 95% of the story is staying the same.

For better or worse, when you guys wrote this you dropped all sorts of hints to things that became intrgal to 343's story, especially Halo 5 with mentions of precursors, the librarian and the mantle. This is all stuff I plan to remove as well as what once seemed like cool allusions to bungie's mysteries now feels like fan service to 343 without any sort of payoff. What I essentially want to do, is make Sage a bungie styled looking guardian, who suffered from the same corruption as Mecidant Bias which was the forerunner AI the gravemind turned against the forerunners in Bungie's H3 terminals. Then we can do some cool gameplay sequences with the effects of it's EMP pulses going off as you proceed through parts of the final level.

Definitely not calling it Lumoria Remastered, the current plan is to have in the UI as Lumoria Campaign under the button for the regular campaign (which may be renamed to something else) I've also considered having it in the UI as May's Camaign, and then having the classic one being Chiefs Campaign. Or when you click the campaign button it will give you the option then to select one of the two. It's really undecided and I don't have any strong opinion one way or the other.

The encounter changes I have planned are relatively minor, the biggest ones are just picking up the pace of the game. In E1 you fight up the hill before the rocket warthog, rather than hold off the same saves of dropships from the same spot over and over again, and in E2 I have that other tower defense version set to let you use vehicles for the first part, and then once you go indoors you have to do it on foot. There's only so many times that the player has to prove they can do the same thing over and over again in the same environments

If you have a list of things you wanted to go back and tweak, I can take a look at them. We also have a professional audio guy working on a lot of the audio for it, so waypoints are something I'd hope to get rid of and add new dialog instead. You'll be happy to know that brandon now has all new dialog, including conditional so he doesn't switch to being one of the random marines as you play.

In the end, this is your baby and I got no intentions of distorting it into something unrecognizable. It was Lumoria that got me inspired to even bother coming back to the halo ce scene in the first place, and this will be my last project so I intend to give it the justice it deserves. And of course, everyone who contributed to the original will be credited.

Reshirom200

goo.gl/viU1Js

Posted: Mar 13, 2018 05:02 PM    Msg. 53 of 69       
Speaking of UI's, is there going to be a universal 1.2 for these upcoming changes or will you integrate the lumoria into universal??
Edited by Reshirom200 on Mar 13, 2018 at 05:05 PM

Masters1337

Posted: Mar 13, 2018 05:06 PM    Msg. 54 of 69       
Universal UI is not something I work on, there will be an updated SPV# install for everyone for the 3.2 patch which will include the spv3 lumoria, and any other maps we add in. We also may have an archive menu in it so people via the UI can access the SPV1, SPV2, and SPV3 alphas and betas.

Reshirom200

goo.gl/viU1Js

Posted: Mar 14, 2018 05:21 PM    Msg. 55 of 69       
any predicted release, or is this wait till news is out deal?

DeadHamster

Posted: Mar 15, 2018 12:43 AM    Msg. 56 of 69       
and this will be my last project

Subtle

Reshirom200

goo.gl/viU1Js

Posted: Mar 15, 2018 09:28 AM    Msg. 57 of 69       
NO!!!

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Mar 15, 2018 02:08 PM    Msg. 58 of 69       
...and this will be my last project...
Your DNA has been permanently molded by the forces of this community herein. Every project of your life is thus and shall forever be a Halo CE project.

You can never escape.

Also sorry I never did those battle rifle animations or whatever you were wanting me to do like years ago (more like a few months ago?), I never put 3ds Max on my newer computer but maybe sometime probably not I'll likely never but perhaps try to do that. Stay tuned!

MEGA_VKNG

Intensity: June Release. No Oats.

Posted: Mar 15, 2018 06:14 PM    Msg. 59 of 69       
I missed u

YottaBiter

ba dum tss!

Posted: Mar 16, 2018 07:00 AM    Msg. 60 of 69       
...and any other maps we add in.

multiplayer maps?

natepley

Posted: Mar 19, 2018 04:28 AM    Msg. 61 of 69       
I just played through Lumoria and enjoyed it. However, it reminded me of how bad objects look in fog on Halo CE. Antecedent Sage and all the space ships in the last level all looked as if they had been dipped in translucent white paint. If I recall correctly, Halo PC doesn't have this issue. It's too bad that Halo PC can't play custom maps so we could get around that problem.

Anyways, I was wondering, since doesn't work right in CE wouldn't it make sense to just not use fog so we avoid crappy looking objects in the distance? I believe even SPV3 suffered a little bit from this in the opening cutscene of the Maw with the Pillar of Autumn and some of the wreckage not looking right because of fog. Would removing fog entirely look even worse or would it remedy the problem?

Also (sorry to mention your nemesis, Masterz) would the fix suggested by Halonimator here: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=50277&start=36 (at the bottom of the page) fix or help the problem?
Edited by natepley on Mar 19, 2018 at 04:29 AM

Masters1337

Posted: Mar 19, 2018 06:20 PM    Msg. 62 of 69       
The stuff in maw is working correctly, what are you seeing is just the different sky fog settings. Everything in that area is BSP.

With the large lumoria objects, what you are seeing happen is the result of large objects using shader models in conjunction with fog stuff that open sauce broke.

natepley

Posted: Mar 19, 2018 10:59 PM    Msg. 63 of 69       
So If I disable Opensauce, Lumoria will look better? Is there an easy way to disable and enable Opensauce so I can play Lumoria without it and then play SPV3 with it?

Masters1337

Posted: Mar 20, 2018 12:10 AM    Msg. 64 of 69       
You shouldn't have that issue, as SPV3 will not properly run if installed in the Halo Custom Edition folder.

natepley

Posted: Mar 20, 2018 12:33 AM    Msg. 65 of 69       
Yeah, but I already have opensauce installed in both my SPV3 folder and my CE folder. Sometimes I want to play other .yelo maps on CE. Is there an easy way to disable opensauce temporarily (like removing or renaming a certain file)?

Masters1337

Posted: Mar 20, 2018 01:22 AM    Msg. 66 of 69       
dinput.dll

natepley

Posted: Mar 20, 2018 03:45 AM    Msg. 67 of 69       
Cool. Thanks! With non-yelo maps is it usually better to disable opensauce? Since chimera can do so many things now, like change fov and fix widescreen, does opensauce offer anything useful to non-yelo maps? The only thing I could think of would be anti-aliasing. Is there any way to activate anti-aliasing without opensauce?

I assume I won't have to worry about any of this with your remake of Lumoria. I guess you'll make everything work well with opensauce. But I'm still curious as I like to play other maps on CE sometimes (some .map and some .yelo).

CLASSIFIED

I don't know as much about coding as I should...

Posted: Apr 6, 2018 11:49 AM    Msg. 68 of 69       
Is there any set release date?

Nertez

Zetren b&

Posted: Apr 6, 2018 01:12 PM    Msg. 69 of 69       
Cool. Thanks! With non-yelo maps is it usually better to disable opensauce? Since chimera can do so many things now, like change fov and fix widescreen, does opensauce offer anything useful to non-yelo maps? The only thing I could think of would be anti-aliasing. Is there any way to activate anti-aliasing without opensauce?

I assume I won't have to worry about any of this with your remake of Lumoria. I guess you'll make everything work well with opensauce. But I'm still curious as I like to play other maps on CE sometimes (some .map and some .yelo).

Use OS + Chimera for any and all singleplayer maps. Chimera's widescreen fix breaks cutscene black bars, OS's widescreen fix does not. OS also adds subtle bloom which makes things look better.

Page 2 of 2 Go to page: · 1 · [2] · Prev

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri June 22, 2018 10:37 PM 375 ms.
A Halo Maps Website