A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[Help] Marine AI fire patterns

Author Topic: [Help] Marine AI fire patterns (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

vanya_krut8

Posted: Feb 25, 2018 12:46 AM    Msg. 1 of 5       
I cannot seem to get Marine actors to fire their weapons full auto in long bursts.

After tons of editing, I unintentionally got them to fire single shot in between short delays, which was not what I wanted. It's kinda frustrating, making marines pathetically unable to win any fights, completely relying on the player.

Can anyone help me out?

BioGoji1989

Posted: Feb 25, 2018 01:48 AM    Msg. 2 of 5       
You need to edit the number of times they hold down the trigger depending on the weapon they are using. For continuous fire, simply set the number of times to zero, and they will hold down the trigger until the gun runs dry. For more trigger pulls, set the number of times to the number of rounds fired per second by the weapon they are using, i.e. assault rifle marines set at 15 trigger pulls per second to match 15 rounds per second, to create the illusion of continuous fire. Again, this is all dependent on the weapon a particular Marine actor is using, however. With plasma weapons, be a bit more careful.

I hope this helps.

vanya_krut8

Posted: Feb 25, 2018 02:31 AM    Msg. 3 of 5       
Thanks!

I think that helped a bit. I've noticed marines now firing full auto. Except some are still doing the single-shot thing, again.

Here's a video demonstrating: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_e5CqFUCJ4

Any ideas?
Edited by vanya_krut8 on Feb 25, 2018 at 02:48 AM

rudeboy13

Posted: Feb 26, 2018 04:21 PM    Msg. 4 of 5       
Did you apply the changes to the major variant as well?

vanya_krut8

Posted: Feb 26, 2018 10:22 PM    Msg. 5 of 5       
Oh, yeah. That worked! That's weird, though. I didn't intentionally put down any major variants, and none of my marines were using the stock officer voices or models, since I never got around to replacing those.

Thanks for the help.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue September 25, 2018 10:15 AM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website