A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »[Release] Misión grunts (Co-op map)

Author Topic: [Release] Misión grunts (Co-op map) (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

helldeath360

Posted: Feb 26, 2018 01:41 PM    Msg. 1 of 7       
This is an old map I made, I made it for me, I have not planned to share it, but I did because I got a lot fun with it, the map begins with easy grunts, but during the way it get harder, it took me 2 hours to finish it, very funny when you internet is out. If you want to play it online, go ahead, but when I set up in my server it doesn't work, maybe it is my halo. But maybe in yours will work. Each bsp has a different song. You plas as an Elite.

Story: This is the begining of the Covenant, And one ELite was sent to try to recruit the grunts, but they didn't want, so the fight begins. I will make more like this, but when I finish the doom 3 levels.

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ydxbr7639v5bl2h/mision-grunts%20por%20helldeath360%20%28DL-David%29.zip
Credis

Bungie

DeadHamster

Posted: Feb 26, 2018 03:00 PM    Msg. 2 of 7       
Just so you know, computers or AI or bots, whatever you will call them, don't work over any type of network (LAN or Internet) in Halo Custom Edition. Even if it does load, the bots are on different paths on different computers, so everyone sees something different and the health never matches.

EmmanuelCD

End my suffering

Posted: Feb 26, 2018 04:30 PM    Msg. 3 of 7       
Ir uses Kirbys method for AI synching

helldeath360

Posted: Feb 26, 2018 09:04 PM    Msg. 4 of 7       
Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
Just so you know, computers or AI or bots, whatever you will call them, don't work over any type of network (LAN or Internet) in Halo Custom Edition. Even if it does load, the bots are on different paths on different computers, so everyone sees something different and the health never matches.

I know that, but even with those bugs I got a lot of fun in the floods, area 53,madness part1234 and more "co-op maps". And if you check out the lobby sometimes the flood part one it gets 16 players ( A dam#$ mess but funny) This for getting fun anyway. Noone pays us
: ()
Edited by helldeath360 on Feb 26, 2018 at 09:05 PM

MrChromed

What are you looking at?

Posted: Feb 27, 2018 09:56 AM    Msg. 5 of 7       
Quote: --- Original message by: helldeath360
And if you check out the lobby sometimes the flood part one it gets 16 players ( A dam#$ mess but funny) This for getting fun anyway.
Edited by helldeath360 on Feb 26, 2018 at 09:05 PM

Yeah, because it's so funny to play against desynchronized AIs, shooting enemies while my friends don't see them in the same place, or they even see them dead. Dude, seriously, try to focus your efforts in SP maps. Don't waste your time in MP if you're using AIs.

OrangeJuice

halohek.pbworks.com

Posted: Feb 27, 2018 10:23 AM    Msg. 6 of 7       
All someone would have to do if they are not part of the intended target-audience: Is simply not download the map

DeadHamster

Posted: Feb 27, 2018 10:46 AM    Msg. 7 of 7       
Quote: --- Original message by: EmmanuelCD
Ir uses Kirbys method for AI synching

I've done his syncing before, I also compiled the maps for PC instead of CE so I could run two different maps with scripts on the server that wouldn't run on the client, getting rid of duplicate bots in the process.

There's lag comparable to an old dial-up Halo match. Not bad for only Blamscript, but not quite a solution either.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu August 16, 2018 6:37 AM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website