A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Question about Halo 2 bipeds and weapon compatability

Author Topic: Question about Halo 2 bipeds and weapon compatability (8 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

BioGoji1989

Posted: Feb 28, 2018 03:03 PM    Msg. 1 of 8       
Alright, so I've successfully managed to import some Halo 2 Elite bipeds (including gbx models and animations) into my next mod. These bipeds and models are from DMT. What I would like to know is if these bipeds and models can hold two-handed weapons, or if they can only use one-handed weapons like the vanilla H1 elites. Does anyone have any information regarding this?

I want to be able to have elites using two-handed weapons in this mod like I had in my previous one, but I want to know if I need to go back to using CMT models for that or if I can use the DMT halo 2 ones.

Reshirom200

u wot m8

Posted: Mar 2, 2018 07:48 AM    Msg. 2 of 8       
they probably can, but you most likely need to edit animations or the model itself
(like cmt's elite ranger)

FtDSpartn

AI fanatic and rookie programmer.

Posted: Mar 2, 2018 06:55 PM    Msg. 3 of 8       
I've never worked with the DMT H2 elites before, but if they have their own .model_animations set they probably have animations for the carbine and the like.

If they're using the standard H1 anims I think you could use CMT's SPv3 elite .model_animations which include two-handed weapon animations.

Reshirom200

u wot m8

Posted: Mar 2, 2018 09:07 PM    Msg. 4 of 8       
Oh hey I remember seeing a 2 handed carbine somewhere, maybe you could use that on something

BioGoji1989

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 11:51 PM    Msg. 5 of 8       
Quote: --- Original message by: FtDSpartn
I've never worked with the DMT H2 elites before, but if they have their own .model_animations set they probably have animations for the carbine and the like.

If they're using the standard H1 anims I think you could use CMT's SPv3 elite .model_animations which include two-handed weapon animations.

You mean the DMT elites are compatible withe CMT elite animations? Don't they have different bone structures and contact nodes? I'll give it a shot and see what happens, though.

FtDSpartn

Posted: Mar 9, 2018 12:10 AM    Msg. 6 of 8       
Quote: --- Original message by: BioGoji1989

You mean the DMT elites are compatible withe CMT elite animations? Don't they have different bone structures and contact nodes? I'll give it a shot and see what happens, though.

Like I said, I'm not entirely sure if the bonesets are different as I've never used or worked with them. It's worth a shot those since it's just a simple change and compile. If they don't have two-handed anims already you might be able to do some marker changes in guerilla. I've never done it myself though so I can't help you much.

BioGoji1989

Posted: Mar 10, 2018 01:00 PM    Msg. 7 of 8       

Like I said, I'm not entirely sure if the bonesets are different as I've never used or worked with them. It's worth a shot those since it's just a simple change and compile. If they don't have two-handed anims already you might be able to do some marker changes in guerilla. I've never done it myself though so I can't help you much.

Do you know who might be able to help me, since I'm still learning the ropes as I go?

FtDSpartn

Posted: Mar 11, 2018 03:27 AM    Msg. 8 of 8       
Quote: --- Original message by: BioGoji1989

Do you know who might be able to help me, since I'm still learning the ropes as I go?
I don't really know anyone that could, sorry. I might look into it sometime if I'm up to it.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue October 23, 2018 12:03 AM 344 ms.
A Halo Maps Website