A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »HAC 2 Settings reset everytime I exit Halo

Author Topic: HAC 2 Settings reset everytime I exit Halo (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

The Av0c4d0

Posted: Mar 5, 2018 12:14 AM    Msg. 1 of 7       
Hello people of Halo Maps

Everytime I exit Halo CE, HAC2 settings such as FOV, custom chat, optic packs, etc, get reverted back to default (ie fov is something like 80 degrees, no custom chat or optic pack).

So I was just inquiring if anyone knows a solution to this issue? Thanks

The Av0c4d0

DeadHamster

Posted: Mar 5, 2018 12:19 PM    Msg. 2 of 7       
You could try uninstalling HAC2, and then deleting it and forgetting it existed.

FtDSpartn

AI fanatic and rookie programmer.

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 04:29 AM    Msg. 3 of 7       
If you have Halo installed in the default folder, it's likely a Windows UAC admin perms issue. Try running the game as Administrator or reinstall the game in a folder other than Program Files. You should also check if the config file is read-only in its properties.

The Av0c4d0

Posted: Mar 9, 2018 12:46 AM    Msg. 4 of 7       
Quote: --- Original message by: FtDSpartn
If you have Halo installed in the default folder, it's likely a Windows UAC admin perms issue. Try running the game as Administrator or reinstall the game in a folder other than Program Files. You should also check if the config file is read-only in its properties.

I tried all of those things and it did not work. Also, by config file, do you mean Config.txt under the Halo Custom Edition folder?

not giraffe

Posted: Mar 9, 2018 04:13 AM    Msg. 5 of 7       
%userprofile%\Documents\My Games\Halo CE\hac\preferences.ini

The Av0c4d0

Posted: Mar 10, 2018 12:00 AM    Msg. 6 of 7       
Quote: --- Original message by: not giraffe

It appears that that file doesn't actually exist in my folder, that might be why its not saving my options.

Edit: I managed to fix the problem by creating a file named preferences, then in the properties changing its file type to .ini, and then finally typing in

fov=number
custom_chat=number
no_scope_blur=number

Thanks for letting me know about the problem not giraffe and FtDSpartn
Edited by The Av0c4d0 on Mar 14, 2018 at 02:21 AM

Nertez

Zetren b&

Posted: Apr 1, 2018 08:49 PM    Msg. 7 of 7       
Quote: --- Original message by: The Av0c4d0

Quote: --- Original message by: not giraffe

It appears that that file doesn't actually exist in my folder, that might be why its not saving my options.

Edit: I managed to fix the problem by creating a file named preferences, then in the properties changing its file type to .ini, and then finally typing in

fov=number
custom_chat=number
no_scope_blur=number

Thanks for letting me know about the problem not giraffe and FtDSpartn
Edited by The Av0c4d0 on Mar 14, 2018 at 02:21 AM

I'd recommend using Chimera's chimera_block_zoom_blur instead of hac 2's scope_blur

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue October 23, 2018 12:03 AM 610 ms.
A Halo Maps Website