A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »My thoughts on some Firefight maps i played

Author Topic: My thoughts on some Firefight maps i played (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

SomeFan

Discordapp: SomeFan#0171

Posted: Mar 7, 2018 03:48 PM    Msg. 1 of 4       
Firefight maps i tried, my options on how they "play" .

• Floodfright
  • my rating: 5
    many weapons to play with, not much other then a quick point & shoot affair

• Firefight Relic
  • my rating: 3
    simplistic, spanish, you play as a Elite & fight Spartans & lots of flood & some sentinels rather boring, you seem to have to track down the AI for an encounter, there is little here to sustain my interest as shooting the AI gets old fast

• Firefight Fissurefall
  • my rating: 7
    a challenging fun way to play, too hard for me, use strategy for this simple yet hard fight

• Repression Firefight
  • my rating: 3
    good looking reach tags but get boring after about ten Minutes & has AI issues. needs something different to keep me entertained, i like the looks of it but there is so much that needs to be here. it's to repetitive to play.

• Solitude Firefight
    some how i feel weak, but it's a cool challenge, AI's can hide & make finishing a round a boring task

• Firefight Portent
  • my rating: 9
    FUN is the word here, scripting allows you to keep your self entertained & strategize

• Firefight Airlock
    Simplistic yet fun, lets the Halo 1 style shine bright, epic Sloow mo feature

• Mystic Firefight Demo
  • my rating: 6
    large beautiful ares, weak player must use vehicle to win. not much in terms of gameplay, but the scenery looks great

• Timberlandfirefight
    simple. fun, try to save your allies & kill the enemy. what more is there to want?

• Odst Ascension Firefight
  • my rating: 6
    point & shoot at it's best, have fun with one life

• {h3} Odst Firefight Airlock
    if you like feeling weak & dieing a lot

• Firefight Descent
  • my rating: 10
    slowly gets harder, so no matter your skill level you can still have fun. mixes the encounters up just right: not to much of one thing for it to get boring doing it, not so much
    changes you feel like your still learning the 'feel' of how it plays. nothing feels random, skill is how you win. this is by far the best Halo CE map i have ever played

• B40 Firefight
  • my rating: 9
    well balanced, forces your encounters just enough, a quintessential firefight: keeps you fighting in a slightly varied manner against a variety of enemy's. this feel comfortable, like i have i have played it before, i think this is because it uses standard stuff & i like that. keeps me coming back :)

Halo CE SP Maps i tried

• Reality: ODST

Very hard, makes you think a lot, would give it a higher rating (i like ODST) but it's too hard. i seem to die randomly & without my control at some parts, there is no fun in that. i feel way to power less.

if you have any thoughts feel free to post them
Edited by SomeFan on Mar 7, 2018 at 09:59 PM added a SP map thought. i'll try to give more details now. added Firefight Descent Edited by SomeFan on Mar 8, 2018 at 02:31 AM | B40 Firefight

Edited by SomeFan on Mar 17, 2018 at 09:04 PM

EmmanuelCD

End my suffering

Posted: Mar 7, 2018 04:26 PM    Msg. 2 of 4       
I'm developing a Firefight map, and I need some ideas, I would like you to expand the reviews on each map, and posibly now what a good FF map needs.

Tech

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 12:59 AM    Msg. 3 of 4       
Didn't try Descent or B40 Firefight?

SomeFan

Discordapp: SomeFan#0171

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 02:07 AM    Msg. 4 of 4       
i will try to better describe my feelings

yes i have, thats the first one i tried, will added.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun June 17, 2018 11:56 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website