A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo Custom Edition features in MCC

Author Topic: Halo Custom Edition features in MCC (24 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Mootjuh

Hilariously derailing oneliner

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 02:03 AM    Msg. 1 of 24       
So there was another blogpost regarding the MCC update and a question regarding Halo CE was asked. The answer was pretty interesting:

Quote:
SINCE HALO: CE IS BASED OFF THE PC CODE IS THERE ANY CHANCE OF HALO CUSTOM EDITION BEING ADDED TO MCC?

Greg Hermann: “We’re excited to have added Sean Cooper to our team from the Halo Custom Edition Community. What’s been great is that he’s really asserted ownership over Halo 1 and has had the time, capacity, and interest to really dig into it over the years. He’s already been incorporating numerous changes from Custom Edition into the Halo: CE build in MCC.”

Full article: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-update-2

For those who don't know, Sean Cooper is Kornnman.
Edited by Mootjuh on Mar 8, 2018 at 02:05 AM

FtDSpartn

AI fanatic and rookie programmer.

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 02:46 AM    Msg. 2 of 24       
I'm excited but at the same time... Custom Edition changes in MCC? How does that work? Is that only engine-level and background stuff or will we be able to play custom maps (sounds very doubtful, though)? Either way, very interesting -- thanks for the information.
Edited by FtDSpartn on Mar 8, 2018 at 02:57 AM

Mootjuh

Hilariously derailing oneliner

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 03:29 AM    Msg. 3 of 24       
I think for starters it would fix the issues caused by the PC port, like proper Xbox shaders etc. And I think generaly it would be fixes/improvements that have come with OS but it's still pretty vague.

YottaBiter

ba dum tss!

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 08:30 AM    Msg. 4 of 24       
So we can expect bloodgulch mods in MCC? hmmm...

lolslayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 08:39 AM    Msg. 5 of 24       
I don't think that it means that much, but I still dream of the day that they add verified custom maps to MCC like the lumoria campaign and great MP maps. Definitely unrealistic but you can Always wish

1bobsam1

I win. You lose.

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 10:01 AM    Msg. 6 of 24       
Very interesting. That's such a vague statement to make. I mean I don't expect anything amazing out of it, but seriously interesting... But it sounds to me like he'd be making BTCC's HAC2/1.10 changes to the engine.

DeadHamster

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 11:47 AM    Msg. 7 of 24       
Didn't NitrousOxide get a job at Bungie itself way back around H2 days?

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 03:34 PM    Msg. 8 of 24       
That was Ms Doubtfire, he ended up doing some of the scenery objects for H2. Mothergoat also had a job in the industry, I forget where though.

Nitro unfortunately ended up working on H2V with hired gun.

DeadHamster

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 03:46 PM    Msg. 9 of 24       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
That was Ms Doubtfire, he ended up doing some of the scenery objects for H2. Mothergoat also had a job in the industry, I forget where though.

Nitro unfortunately ended up working on H2V with hired gun.

Ahh, gotcha.

Any idea what kind of scenery objects Doubtfire had made specifically?

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 03:54 PM    Msg. 10 of 24       
Crates I believe.

EmmanuelCD

End my suffering

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 08:11 PM    Msg. 11 of 24       
Quote:
Will MCC ever come to PC?

We know this is something many people have been asking and wanting for years now. Currently our priority is updating and improving MCC for Xbox and there’s still plenty of work to be done on that front. While we have no official plans to announce at this time, we’ve heard you loud and clear.

YottaBiter

ba dum tss!

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 11:48 PM    Msg. 12 of 24       
The inner me wants kornnman to copy pasta all the mcc source code to 4chan.. xD

BioGoji1989

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 11:49 PM    Msg. 13 of 24       
Quote: --- Original message by: EmmanuelCD
Quote:

We know this is something many people have been asking and wanting for years now. Currently our priority is updating and improving MCC for Xbox and there’s still plenty of work to be done on that front. While we have no official plans to announce at this time, we’ve heard you loud and clear.

http://leelzebub.umwblogs.org/files/2011/06/SW_LukeNo1-011.gif

This response confuses me. Isn't it a good thing that they're, you know, listening to the fans?

FtDSpartn

AI fanatic and rookie programmer.

Posted: Mar 9, 2018 12:11 AM    Msg. 14 of 24       
Quote: --- Original message by: BioGoji1989
Quote:

This response confuses me. Isn't it a good thing that they're, you know, listening to the fans?
It may be more directed at the "no official plans" part.

MEGA_VKNG

Posted: Mar 9, 2018 01:25 AM    Msg. 15 of 24       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Mothergoat also had a job in the industry, I forget where though.

He works at Gearbox still and does music on the side.

supersonic124

Posted: Mar 9, 2018 03:52 AM    Msg. 16 of 24       
Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer
I don't think that it means that much, but I still dream of the day that they add verified custom maps to MCC like the lumoria campaign and great MP maps. Definitely unrealistic but you can Always wish

You can already play custom campaigns with a controller in high resolutions and proper 60fps now on pc for a MCC-ish experience

I really just want multiplayer custom maps in MCC to play them with the improved netcode.

lolslayer

Posted: Mar 9, 2018 06:52 AM    Msg. 17 of 24       
Quote: --- Original message by: supersonic124

You can already play custom campaigns with a controller in high resolutions and proper 60fps now on pc for a MCC-ish experience

I really just want multiplayer custom maps in MCC to play them with the improved netcode.

MCC supports split-screen
split-screen lumoria = love

So yeah, that's sadly enough not something I can find on PC so if it comes to MCC (and with some scripting changes maybe to support 2 player gameplay), I can finally play it together with others

rcghalohell

I can jump?Weeeee (pop!) (No1 heard from it again)

Posted: Mar 9, 2018 01:37 PM    Msg. 18 of 24       
Operation purgepoint LASO, I challenge anyone to beat that

EmmanuelCD

End my suffering

Posted: Mar 9, 2018 07:36 PM    Msg. 19 of 24       
Quote: --- Original message by: BioGoji1989
Quote:

No oficial plans is a softened way to say no PC MCC release

Ki11erFTW

You've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Mar 9, 2018 09:35 PM    Msg. 20 of 24       
Quote: --- Original message by: supersonic124

MCC supports split-screen
split-screen lumoria = love

So yeah, that's sadly enough not something I can find on PC so if it comes to MCC (and with some scripting changes maybe to support 2 player gameplay), I can finally play it together with others

We’ve had a few breakthroughs in recent months and there are a few people working on Split Screen for Halo Custom Edition. Not much to show yet but the guys working on it seem pretty confident.

DeadHamster

Posted: Mar 10, 2018 12:09 AM    Msg. 21 of 24       
Kirby was working on that IIRC.

Issue was that they couldn't get the game to recognize any input from a second gamepad, IIRC.

lolslayer

Posted: Mar 10, 2018 12:42 PM    Msg. 22 of 24       
Well, I wish them the best of luck with that because split-screen is one of my biggest custom edition wishes come true

BioGoji1989

Posted: Mar 10, 2018 12:58 PM    Msg. 23 of 24       

No official plans is a softened way to say no PC MCC release

Ooohhhh. Now I understand. And now I feel bummed.

Halo Noob Modder117

I guess I'm just going to have to rip your tags

Posted: Mar 11, 2018 11:24 AM    Msg. 24 of 24       
...If they allow mod support for MCC or custom maps like CE...

I think I will never touch another game on PC, Xbox or Playstation again...

Better buy myself a bucket and stick a few MCC pictures all over it...
Edited by Halo Noob Modder117 on Mar 11, 2018 at 11:25 AM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu October 18, 2018 1:58 AM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website