A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts
»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »C code: Request for Peer Review

Author Topic: C code: Request for Peer Review (1 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

"Whoever draws the sword will die by the sword."

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 03:49 PM    Msg. 1 of 1       
I just completed my initial work on HEK tag file structs. Here are the relevant files. I used my retribution.h file and some other of my work to design nested structs for all the HEK tag file types. There is still much additional work to do, but I'd like to submit these files for peer review. If you don't have anything to say about the code itself, please at least let me know what you think of this work in general.

halo structs

The next step is to go through and confirm max reflexive sizes. I consulted Moses of Egypt's work for this until now. (Thanks.)

Afterwards, I'll do parsing functions for all the structs. These I will use to verify the comprehensiveness of the structs. Note that the purposes of several undocumented metadata values must still be determined.

The main goal I have at the moment is to make a replacement for Sapien -- something as simple as a 3D view of the terrain and which can be used to modify .scenario tag data. I plan to use OpenGL for rendering.

--- EDIT ---

I corrected all the max chunk counts. I used Mozzarilla for testing large chunk counts.
MosesofEgypt: The only reflexives that have a maximum of 65535 chunks are:

• coll/sbsp: bsp2d nodes

• mod2/mode: uncompressed_vertices

• mod2/mode: compressed vertices

• mod2/mode: triangles

All the others that say 65535 should actually be 65536.

I'll update the link after I check all the reflexive signatures for duplicates and further optimize.
Edited by sparky on Mar 8, 2018 at 08:32 PM

--- EDIT ---

Updated download; optimized some more reflexive structs.

It's worth a repository at this point, since the structs are basically finished, so I'll go ahead and do that...
Edited by sparky on Mar 8, 2018 at 09:50 PM

--- EDIT ---

halo GitHub repository
Edited by sparky on Mar 8, 2018 at 10:27 PM

--- EDIT ---

I'm making a demo application to test retrieving static strings from a plist file, where I intend to store all the strings that show up in Guerilla's tag document windows. I'm copy/pasting the strings directly from what is essentially Guerilla.exe.

Before I post anything usable, I'm going to be away again for a while. I'll stop back at this forum to post useful things and otherwise experiment on my own.
Edited by sparky on Mar 9, 2018 at 01:33 PM

--- EDIT ---

demonstration Mac application and source code (Xcode) showing loading text from a plist file
Edited by sparky on Mar 9, 2018 at 06:54 PM

--- EDIT ---

plist in progress

Edited by sparky on Mar 12, 2018 at 09:35 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat March 24, 2018 11:46 AM 171 ms.
A Halo Maps Website