A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »How can I link 6 bsp into one in game?

Author Topic: How can I link 6 bsp into one in game? (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

helldeath360

Posted: Mar 10, 2018 09:04 PM    Msg. 1 of 4       
I have 6 bsp, but I have realised that adding teleports flag does not work, so I don't know if I have to compile my bsps saparated or link them with a script, please help me, or I will have to make it multiplayer and I don't want that, I learnt how to make a custom scene and add ai with checkpoints. I don't wanna waste it all in mulyiplayrt :'(

DeadHamster

Posted: Mar 10, 2018 09:59 PM    Msg. 2 of 4       
You COULD swap the BSP and then teleport the player to a flag placed inside the new BSP.

But, the proper way is to create level geometry in BOTH BSP sections that overlaps. Basically, create a tunnel that connects both ends, and copy it to both BSP sections. That way when you swap the BSP, the section the player is currently in is inside BOTH of the bsp sections. It appears seamless to the player that the level has loaded.

See the picture below?

I use tunnels to connect each individual BSP, and those same tunnels are cloned so that BSP 1 and BSP 2 both have the tunnel that connects them. Then, look at my response to your other thread to see how the switch works.

MatthewDratt

Newly redesigned MattDratt.com

Posted: Mar 11, 2018 03:27 AM    Msg. 3 of 4       
Useful scripts

(object_teleport object flag)
(switch_bsp bspnumber)

To start off:
Add this to the top of your script
(script static unit player
(unit (list_get (players) 0))
)

Now you can teleport the player with a script.
(object_teleport player flagname)

Create cutscene flags in sapien, name them, and replace flagname with the flag name. Drop that in your script where you want and you can teleport the player. So essentially you can make a trigger volume, sleep until the player enter the trigger volume, then teleport them.

(sleep_until (volume_test_objects TRIGGERVOLUME (players))15)
(object_teleport player FLAGNAME)

If you have different bsps, loop at the order they were added to your scenario. The first bsp is bsp 0, the next is 1 and so on. So if you need to switch bsp you can add that script in there to

helldeath360

Posted: Mar 11, 2018 11:38 AM    Msg. 4 of 4       
Wow thank you. I am really thanked

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat June 23, 2018 4:20 AM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website