A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Dev mode options, a loading problem, and an audio file.

Author Topic: Dev mode options, a loading problem, and an audio file. (10 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

BayBounty

Posted: Mar 11, 2018 03:53 AM    Msg. 1 of 10       
I real new here and to the whole old-school halo modding thing but there are 3 things I am looking to figure out that I need some advice on.

- The capability of the dev mode options and what really I can do practically with them while playing other than the listed cheats.

- This also sorta goes with the first one, when you bump possess an npc and use their body to go into another load cell the game freezes the body, I know why it does it because that particular npc isn't supposed to be there... I was just wondering if there was any way to work around that, prevent that, or get me moving again when I meet the wall that is cell load freezes.

- Is there a way to manually extract music files from the maps you already have? There is a particular song that is part of a 4 set song menu display when you pause the game, and you can play one of the 4 songs while you play, I was wondering if there was someway to get the audio file and put it onto my computer.

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Mar 11, 2018 09:23 AM    Msg. 2 of 10       
Refinery to rip the sound and sound_looping files(tags) and Composer to play them.

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=50573

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=50342

Do not tl;dr, especially with Composer. When you install Refinery, read its readme. Other people here can help you if you have questions.

BayBounty

Posted: Mar 11, 2018 10:43 PM    Msg. 3 of 10       
Thanks for the info, do you have any insight on the other questions though?

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Mar 11, 2018 11:12 PM    Msg. 4 of 10       
If I did I would've helped :P

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Mar 12, 2018 11:37 PM    Msg. 5 of 10       
Quote: --- Original message by: BayBounty
I real new here and to the whole old-school halo modding thing but there are 3 things I am looking to figure out that I need some advice on.

- The capability of the dev mode options and what really I can do practically with them while playing other than the listed cheats.
What exactly are you looking to do and in what context? In Singleplayer you can do effectively anything, but in multiplayer you can only do so if you're host. All commands that you execute via scripts can be done via the console but if you could explain exactly what you're looking to do, that would help more

- This also sorta goes with the first one, when you bump possess an npc and use their body to go into another load cell the game freezes the body, I know why it does it because that particular npc isn't supposed to be there... I was just wondering if there was any way to work around that, prevent that, or get me moving again when I meet the wall that is cell load freezes.
The engine stores its NPCs per BSP Cluster for optimization. When you hit the trigger volume to load the next section of BSP, anything in the previous is either stored or thrown away for garbage collection depending on what it is. Unfortunately there's no way around this

- Is there a way to manually extract music files from the maps you already have? There is a particular song that is part of a 4 set song menu display when you pause the game, and you can play one of the 4 songs while you play, I was wondering if there was someway to get the audio file and put it onto my computer.

Moses answered this so I wont add on.

BayBounty

Posted: Mar 13, 2018 01:11 AM    Msg. 6 of 10       
To the first the question, I am looking to just do things in single player, I've looked through the command lists but knowing what you can do practically for fun other than the listed cheats is beyond me at the moment.

To the next question, is there any way to load those previous npc's back into the map or have them respawn?

And to the third question, have you ever played rio-firefight?

SBB_Michelle

Floof

Posted: Mar 13, 2018 10:50 AM    Msg. 7 of 10       
Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
Unfortunately there's no way around this

Technically...
ai_force_active <ai> <boolean>
ai_force_active_by_unit <unit> <boolean>

BayBounty

Posted: Mar 13, 2018 12:01 PM    Msg. 8 of 10       
What does that do in specific? And would that unfreeze me?

SBB_Michelle

Floof

Posted: Mar 13, 2018 05:24 PM    Msg. 9 of 10       
If you know the name of the encounter/squad that you bump possesed a biped from, you could set it to never freeze.

BayBounty

Posted: Mar 13, 2018 06:41 PM    Msg. 10 of 10       
I wonder if dennis deletes threads... yo dennis! Got one right here for ya!

Edited by BayBounty on Mar 14, 2018 at 12:34 AM
Edited by BayBounty on Mar 14, 2018 at 02:01 AM
Edited by BayBounty on Mar 21, 2018 at 12:30 AM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon July 23, 2018 11:10 AM 453 ms.
A Halo Maps Website