A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Any plans for a increase of cache in building maps?

Author Topic: Any plans for a increase of cache in building maps? (2 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

ScarFOx

This twisted game needs to be reset - Pixy 1995

Posted: Mar 12, 2018 10:53 PM    Msg. 1 of 2       
I'm starting to get really tired of this 576 MB cache limit. Limiting all the ideas I have set in place and being restricted to only using a certain tag set or character just to save room. The massive amount of ideas that I have set for my mod can't limited but some dumb cache limit hard coded from the 90s. I may just quit the whole idea altogether.

DeadHamster

Posted: Mar 12, 2018 11:37 PM    Msg. 2 of 2       
Quote: --- Original message by: ScarFOx
I'm starting to get really tired of this 576 MB cache limit. Limiting all the ideas I have set in place and being restricted to only using a certain tag set or character just to save room. The massive amount of ideas that I have set for my mod can't limited but some dumb cache limit hard coded from the 90s. I may just quit the whole idea altogether.

If you need more than 550mb you're mismanaging your resources. Look into optimizing your bitmap and sound data, and removing extra LOD's in models if you have a plethora of them. What are you doing that uses all that space?

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun December 9, 2018 8:04 PM 156 ms.
A Halo Maps Website