A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »To find an encounter name

Author Topic: To find an encounter name (20 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

BayBounty

Posted: Mar 15, 2018 11:48 PM    Msg. 1 of 20       
I made a post talking about this below but i'm getting impatient so i'm just going to ask again up here.

When I bump possess an npc and bring it into a different area it freezes in short. I know how to fix this...

ai_force_active <ai> <boolean>
or
ai_force_active_by_unit <unit> <boolean>

Boolean means true or false I have that much down... I took the map I desired to an editing software and got the names of the bipeds and different variants but using those didn't seem to work.

After searching I realized I needed the encounter name of the specific biped I bump possessed thus through futher searching I obtained sapien, thus I extracted the scenario map of mission I bump possessed the npc from... unfortunately sapien gave me a "screw you" and it said that the scenario was not able to run.

In short, if anyone could tell me how I could find out the encounter name an npc group from a map that would be great, i'm up to download anything if needed.

Thank You.
Edited by BayBounty on Mar 15, 2018 at 11:50 PM

DeadHamster

Posted: Mar 16, 2018 10:19 PM    Msg. 2 of 20       
ai_force_active_by_unit (unit(list_get (players) 0)) true

Try that. Report back on your findings.

BayBounty

Posted: Mar 16, 2018 10:49 PM    Msg. 3 of 20       
Alright do I put those words in specifically or do I need to know the unit name?

With parenthases aswell?
Edited by BayBounty on Mar 16, 2018 at 10:51 PM

DeadHamster

Posted: Mar 16, 2018 11:10 PM    Msg. 4 of 20       
Quote: --- Original message by: BayBounty

Alright do I put those words in specifically or do I need to know the unit name?

With parenthases aswell?
Edited by BayBounty on Mar 16, 2018 at 10:51 PM

exactly what I typed exactly how I typed it.

BayBounty

Posted: Mar 17, 2018 12:00 AM    Msg. 5 of 20       
Tried it multiple times exactly how it was, it didn't result in anything happening or stopping the freezes, anything else?

DeadHamster

Posted: Mar 17, 2018 09:28 AM    Msg. 6 of 20       
Tried it multiple times exactly how it was, it didn't result in anything happening or stopping the freezes, anything else?

That's all I got, thought it might work.

BayBounty

Posted: Mar 17, 2018 01:16 PM    Msg. 7 of 20       
Where did you get that command from anyways?

DeadHamster

Posted: Mar 18, 2018 08:54 AM    Msg. 8 of 20       
Where did you get that command from anyways?
\

Unit converts an object class into a unit.

list_get returns the index you choose from the list of objects given. Player 1 is always listed as index 0 in the game-created list players.

So that should have selected your player, converted it to a unit, and then set it to never freeze or lock up. But it didn't probably because of how that particular command functions.

All these can be found in the HSC Halo Script Bible, or by printing out the commands with Sapien.

BayBounty

Posted: Mar 18, 2018 05:36 PM    Msg. 9 of 20       
Could you maybe test it for yourself, you have a much more knowledge than me, just pick any map and give it a spin, maybe you can find something I can't.

OrangeJuice

Yup, It's like working with insufferable neurotics

Posted: Mar 18, 2018 06:17 PM    Msg. 10 of 20       
Use the command:

ai_free encounter_block_here
frees an AI from its active encounter area

As far as identifying encounter_blocks or squad_blocks that you could use, I am unaware of any way to do this without sapien-only debug commands or simply guessing which encounter blocks go where in Guerilla
Edited by OrangeJuice on Mar 18, 2018 at 06:21 PM

DeadHamster

Posted: Mar 18, 2018 06:23 PM    Msg. 11 of 20       
Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice

Use the command:

ai_free encounter_block_here
frees an AI from its active encounter area

As far as identifying encounter_blocks or squad_blocks that you could use, I am unaware of any way to do this without sapien-only debug commands or simply guessing which encounter blocks go where in Guerilla
Edited by OrangeJuice on Mar 18, 2018 at 06:21 PM

ai_free_units (players)

OrangeJuice

Yup, It's like working with insufferable neurotics

Posted: Mar 18, 2018 06:28 PM    Msg. 12 of 20       
Ah sweet, that works too

Tested both

BayBounty

Posted: Mar 18, 2018 11:49 PM    Msg. 13 of 20       
You both are awesome, i'm going to test this stuff.
And also, do you know how to make so when you die in a single player mission, it makes it to where you do not immediately revert to last save?
Edited by BayBounty on Mar 19, 2018 at 07:08 AM

DeadHamster

Posted: Mar 19, 2018 09:23 AM    Msg. 14 of 20       

You both are awesome, i'm going to test this stuff.
And also, do you know how to make so when you die in a single player mission, it makes it to where you do not immediately revert to last save?
Edited by BayBounty on Mar 19, 2018 at 07:08 AM

Heh, you want to do this without actually opening and modding the mapfile, only through command console?

Probably not, but it depends on what you want the game to do instead of reverting. I have an idea, but it depends on what result you're looking for

BayBounty

Posted: Mar 19, 2018 02:22 PM    Msg. 15 of 20       
Just shoot, i'm all for it

DeadHamster

Posted: Mar 20, 2018 12:33 AM    Msg. 16 of 20       
first type in

cheat_deathless_player true

then

sleep_until (> .1 (unit_get_health (list_get (players) 0))) 5)(begin (unit_set_health 1) (unit_set_shield 1) (debug_camera_save) (debug_camera_load)(sleep 5)(cheat_teleport_to_camera)(camera_control 0))

Every time you die, you'll need to type it in again. Assuming my syntax is correct and that it doesn't just laugh at you, this should wait until the player is nearly dead, and then immediately reset their health and shield. The camera will then zoom out for 5 ticks into third person before teleporting the player to the camera, giving the appearance (maybe) that the player has respawned. Then the camera reverts back to the player's first person and the command ends.

Deathless player will prevent over damage from killing you before the script can kick in. As soon as a player has died that's it, so we have to catch him just before it happens and this is the only way to guarantee a one-hit-kill scenario doesn't screw us up.

Let me know if that works or not. If it does you owe me a drink. If not you owe me a drink.

BayBounty

Posted: Mar 21, 2018 12:18 AM    Msg. 17 of 20       
Well after odd attempts at testing this, let me refine my question, it's a little odd but i'm a halo freak so I go around and do weird stuff, when I bump possess an NPC (in this case an elite) and walk up to say a group of flood carriers, they explode and such and then the spores jump onto me a kill me, now I use open sauce and what that brings is the classic covie/marine to flood transfers when spores latch onto any NPC that is alive, basically I respawn every time that happens when bump-possessed... I was wondering for a way around that where I would not die but transfer to the flood form, I thought it would be cool.
Edited by BayBounty on Mar 21, 2018 at 12:18 AM

DeadHamster

Posted: Mar 21, 2018 01:52 AM    Msg. 18 of 20       
It deletes the biped and replaces it. Kills the character youre playing. Cant be done through console

BayBounty

Posted: Mar 22, 2018 11:25 PM    Msg. 19 of 20       
How would it be done on pc? Aren't we using a pc?

DeadHamster

Posted: Mar 23, 2018 04:03 PM    Msg. 20 of 20       
How would it be done on pc? Aren't we using a pc?

No no, the console is the pink command line that you're entering these scripts to. As in -console

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu November 15, 2018 6:23 AM 281 ms.
A Halo Maps Website