A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Ten Speed: Rio firefight

Author Topic: Ten Speed: Rio firefight (13 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

BayBounty

Posted: Mar 19, 2018 05:04 AM    Msg. 1 of 13       
There is a song called Ten speed on the rio firefight map that I love but cannot find anywhere, if anyone knows the author I am all for it... the song is has been very illusive to find... anywhere.

sparky

Fools deceive, but knowledge of Jesus is life.

Posted: Mar 19, 2018 07:41 AM    Msg. 2 of 13       
What you can do is make a video of some gameplay and upload it to YouTube and see if YouTube identifies the song. If it needs to be more precise, extract the song from the map using Eschaton or some other map editor and make a video of the song playing in an audio player.

DeadHamster

Posted: Mar 19, 2018 09:02 AM    Msg. 3 of 13       

BayBounty

Posted: Mar 19, 2018 02:18 PM    Msg. 4 of 13       
Nope, that is a song I wish I stopped finding.

Also yes, I'll try to do that, what made me worry though is that google couldn't even place the song correctly and I've tried skimming up and down youtube but extracting it could be useful.
Edited by BayBounty on Mar 19, 2018 at 02:20 PM

not giraffe

Posted: Mar 19, 2018 04:41 PM    Msg. 5 of 13       
Your best option is to extract the tag and convert it to mp3.
Edited by not giraffe on Mar 21, 2018 at 12:04 AM

BayBounty

Posted: Mar 21, 2018 12:22 AM    Msg. 6 of 13       
I'll most likely do that, there has to be someone out there that knows this song though, I've talked to others with the same problem I have as to how this song almost doesn't exist outside that particular map, and we've been looking... like one guy hasn't even found it but its been 5 years since he took interest... this song feels like limbo.

But new news, I've tried to extract it but for some reason the song looping file is nowhere to be found except a few that are marked protected which makes me wonder if the song's were actually official or not (which I doubt on them never being in the game), so that is stumping me. And another thing is if I did upload a video to youtube of gameplay with the song playing how would youtube identify the song?
Edited by BayBounty on Mar 21, 2018 at 01:22 AM
Edited by BayBounty on Mar 21, 2018 at 01:24 AM

not giraffe

Posted: Mar 21, 2018 01:42 AM    Msg. 7 of 13       
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1bhaxl4vuv3ufba/tag_2715.zip

You should able to drag it into Audacity (maybe even Goldwave) and then convert it.
Edited by not giraffe on Mar 21, 2018 at 01:42 AM

sparky

Posted: Mar 21, 2018 11:01 AM    Msg. 8 of 13       
See what happens with this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Xv3sz9R-w0
--- EDIT ---

There have not been any copyrighted content flags on the video yet.

To show you how accurate it could be, consider this:
Many years ago, I stumbled upon a web site for an aerospace company called Goodrich. They had a flash video on their web site advertising their company, and it had some cool music, so I recorded the music off the video playback. I've had that audio recording since, and happened to be listening to it while I recorded a video that I uploaded to YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/video_copynotice?v=C4Vw5j1ufIY

Probably using the CD Database system, YouTube identified the audio, which I just now discovered was from Killer Tracks, a recording licensing company whose audio tracks have been used in all sorts of games and television shows and movies. And I contacted Killer Tracks once to ask if it was alright to use some of their music in Halo maps, which they said was fine for me to do.

So listen to the audio quality in that link, then listen to the quality from the Killer Tracks web site: https://www.killertracks.com/#!/results.aspx?pageNo=1&resultsPerPage=20&viewTags=1&mode=work&sortFilter=Default|Desc&keyword=82579&keywordType=1

Even if the audio quality were very poor, the sound would still be identifiable if it were accessible through the CDDB service. I suspect that perhaps the music was never analyzed by the CDDB service, which means it probably was not published through a company like iTunes where you would be able to buy and download a copy of it.
Edited by sparky on Mar 21, 2018 at 11:30 AM

BayBounty

Posted: Mar 21, 2018 10:27 PM    Msg. 9 of 13       
So then how would the music be protected, or perhaps the map file doesn't hold the music, i'll try the other guy's way and see if anything works but I really do appreciate your effort, thank you and I will keep an eye on the vid.

DeadHamster

Posted: Mar 21, 2018 10:38 PM    Msg. 10 of 13       
The sound tag that giraffe gave you contains the song. Use moses' tool Composer and you should be able to extract it.

sparky

Posted: Mar 25, 2018 06:43 PM    Msg. 11 of 13       
What I did was take the sound tag, open it in Guerilla to preview it (and you could use another audio application to record the playback from Guerilla), compiled it into a map (Resources slot in .scenario tag), opened the map in Eschaton, and extracted the OGG Vorbis audio using Eschaton's permutation exporting feature.

Of course, one could simply open the file in a hex editor, find the OGG Vorbis header and copy/paste from there into a new file and open the new file with a sound editor.

The music is not actually "protected", but merely the reference to the tag's pathname string -- the directory path of the tag -- is altered... and much to the chagrin of the person who did that, because now we don't know how to attribute credit, or who recorded the music.
Edited by sparky on Mar 25, 2018 at 06:45 PM

not giraffe

Posted: Mar 25, 2018 07:22 PM    Msg. 12 of 13       
Quote: --- Original message by: sparky
one could simply open the file in a hex editor, find the OGG Vorbis header and copy/paste from there into a new file and open the new file with a sound editor.

Audacity and GoldWave allow you directly open sound tags that have ogg compression, without editing the file.

Quote: --- Original message by: sparky
but merely the reference to the tag's pathname string -- the directory path of the tag -- is altered... and much to the chagrin of the person who did that, because now we don't know how to attribute credit, or who recorded the music.

"sound\onotix\speed.sound"

BayBounty

Posted: Apr 16, 2018 05:40 PM    Msg. 13 of 13       
Hey just wanted to say to everyone thanks for your support on these issues and all of you helped me figure out and resolve much that I wanted to know, Thank you!

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon October 15, 2018 6:17 PM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website