A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Reinstalling HEK

Author Topic: Reinstalling HEK (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

BioGoji1989

Posted: Mar 19, 2018 11:34 AM    Msg. 1 of 4       
When I first installed the Halo Editing Kit, I stupidly installed it in the Programs directory of the C Drive. This has given me a lot of problems, much of which I solved by copying most of the other programs into a new folder on the desktop, but I can't seem to copy Sapien or even ahobo over to the folder and get it to work.

I've decided to uninstall the HEK from the Programs directory and reinstall it in my one desktop folder, but I am unsure of what the uninstall program looks like. I have two of them in my Custom Edition folder in the Programs Directory, and I don't want to uninstall HCE by accident.

The two options are Uninstall.exe and UninstEK.exe. I'm thinking that UninstEK is for the HEK, but I want to be absolutely certain before I do anything. Does anyone know for certain if this is the right option?

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Mar 19, 2018 11:58 AM    Msg. 2 of 4       
just right click the installer and select open with winrar. All the files in there can just be copied to where ever you need

BioGoji1989

Posted: Mar 19, 2018 08:28 PM    Msg. 3 of 4       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
just right click the installer and select open with winrar. All the files in there can just be copied to where ever you need

Why is it always the simple solutions that elude me when I need them the most?

Anyway, thank you for the help. I'll give this a shot.

sparky

Fools deceive, but knowledge of Jesus is life.

Posted: Mar 20, 2018 05:46 PM    Msg. 4 of 4       
It's because people figure they are too simple to ever mention.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue July 17, 2018 1:40 AM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website