A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo Maps will be updating

Author Topic: Halo Maps will be updating (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

m1nd

Rock star, you'll always be, a black star...

Posted: Mar 19, 2018 02:22 PM    Msg. 1 of 6       
Hi everybody, recently I have submitted two maps made by me but idk if Halo maps will be release my maps. Do you know something about that?, I saw the last uploads were in 2016...

Thank you.

DeadHamster

Posted: Mar 19, 2018 02:47 PM    Msg. 2 of 6       
Post them at haloce3.com

HaloMaps won't be updating anymore.

m1nd

Rock star, you'll always be, a black star...

Posted: Mar 19, 2018 03:22 PM    Msg. 3 of 6       
Thank you very much!

Pepzee

Posted: Mar 19, 2018 09:05 PM    Msg. 4 of 6       
I wonder how long MatthewDratt will keep haloce3.com running as an alternative for this kind of stuff? I can't help but wonder if he realizes what he volunteered for as there is a cost for keeping it running for the foreseeable future. It costs more than just money, it costs time!

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
HaloMaps won't be updating anymore.

That may be a tad extreme, but it the next upload will probably be quite some time from now.

The owner of this cite is Dennis. I am sure if you politely message him he will gladly give you an answer.

DeadHamster

Posted: Mar 19, 2018 10:38 PM    Msg. 5 of 6       
There's also other people talking about creating replacements for HM's submissions and uploads. Many people already have copies of the current HM downloads repository, as has been posted in other threads.

Dennis does poke his head in fairly frequently still, it's very nice of him to keep tabs on the community and I'm sure he still has a moderate interest in it. However as was mentioned in the OP the last update was 03/10/2016. That's over 2 years of submissions. That's a ridiculous backlog of work. They don't just get uploaded, they get a brief test. That's opening and verifying that 2 years worth of content isn't inappropriate for a family site, which Dennis has always held important.

It's never getting updated. That's okay, he's done it for over a decade, as a more or less one-man-army as far as I'm aware. He can't let another community member take over, because (from what I understand) this website is owned by his business, so it would open up liability on a larger scale if any misconduct occurred. If that's not the reason he'll probably post very shortly to correct me. But regardless, it's not getting updated and there's nothing wrong with that. Alternatives now exist, and free file hosting is easier and more stable than before.

MatthewDratt

Newly redesigned MattDratt.com

Posted: Mar 20, 2018 12:36 AM    Msg. 6 of 6       
Quote: --- Original message by: Pepzee
I wonder how long MatthewDratt will keep haloce3.com running as an alternative for this kind of stuff? I can't help but wonder if he realizes what he volunteered for as there is a cost for keeping it running for the foreseeable future. It costs more than just money, it costs time!

Money isn't any problem with the site. The hosting is shared with my main personal websites and the domain renews for free via my current hosting site. The only foreseeable issue is Mediafire. Sites like Mediafire don't tend to hang around terribly long and it's been quite some time that it has been around so who knows since that what I use for the downloads.

But yeah time is the issue. However 3-4 updates/year is still more than HM right now so who knows.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu November 15, 2018 6:24 AM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website