A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »I modified the Zteam H2 animation extractor maxscript Kornman released

Author Topic: I modified the Zteam H2 animation extractor maxscript Kornman released (10 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Mar 24, 2018 02:28 PM    Msg. 1 of 10       
It's in the MEKs scripts folder. If you have the MEK, just run the updater and tell it to download the newest copy of the MEK. Here's a link to the MEK's thread.
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=50076

So what does my modification do? Well, primarily it replaces the activex widget dependencies with dotnet ones. Activex controls was deprecated starting with Max 9 in favor of dotnet controls, so anyone not running Max 7/8 wouldnt be able to run it without jumping through hoops and installing activex. In short, this makes the animation extractor work with Max 9 and up.

The other tweak I did was make it so if you don't have a max scene with a skeleton to animate(this is called the origin scene), then this will generate the necessary nodes at (0, 0, 0) with default rotation and scale. Not super useful, but it might come in handy.

This extractor extracts directly from xbox maps and exports to max files and jma/jmo/jmr/etc files.

MrChromed

The most undervalued HCE's latino developer.

Posted: Mar 24, 2018 06:39 PM    Msg. 2 of 10       
So, we can say that H2 marine anims are finally a thing! Is this the end of this endless in-joke?

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Mar 24, 2018 07:18 PM    Msg. 3 of 10       
Yeah. Someone I know has more or less a full copy of the h2spp stuff, and is working on heavily cleaning it up. I wont name names since they are doing it on their own time and probably wont want the attention.

Just to be clear, I did NOT make this extractor. The credits can be found in the script. I merely made it work for newer versions of Max and made it able to extract animations without having a skeleton scene.

1bobsam1

I win. You lose.

Posted: Mar 25, 2018 08:00 PM    Msg. 4 of 10       
Now we just need this to work with the Halo 2 Alpha and Beta.

EmmanuelCD

End my suffering

Posted: Mar 26, 2018 11:24 PM    Msg. 5 of 10       
At last, halo 2 marine anims, oh 5hit im late for that

Mootjuh

Hilariously derailing oneliner

Posted: Mar 27, 2018 07:32 AM    Msg. 6 of 10       
Quote: --- Original message by: MosesofEgypt
Yeah. Someone I know has more or less a full copy of the h2spp stuff, and is working on heavily cleaning it up. I wont name names since they are doing it on their own time and probably wont want the attention.

Just to be clear, I did NOT make this extractor. The credits can be found in the script. I merely made it work for newer versions of Max and made it able to extract animations without having a skeleton scene.

Does their name start with a k? There's only been 4 people, including me who've had access to the H2SPP folder.

I sadly don't have access anymore though.

kirby_422

Apparently public enemy number 1?

Posted: Mar 28, 2018 11:15 AM    Msg. 7 of 10       
Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh

Does their name start with a k? There's only been 4 people, including me who've had access to the H2SPP folder.

Wasn't me, meaning its fairly outdated. I would naturally assume their name starts with m, since a certain person whose name starts with m does talk with moses.

Anyways, idk how different this one is from the version I've received (can't even directly check, since the one I was left with was an encrypted maxscript), but if its close too the one I have, you don't want it to automatically export the JMOs; it'll be missing the base keyframe. Also, where did kornman release this, and is there other things there?

Also, all those H2 marine jokes, you do realize I've released a map with those tags without mentioning it, just to continue the trolling, right? I'm sure that map is available on the HMU archives.

General_101

Apparently all I post is spam.

Posted: Mar 28, 2018 02:25 PM    Msg. 8 of 10       
Quote: --- Original message by: kirby_422
Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh

Wasn't me, meaning its fairly outdated. I would naturally assume their name starts with m, since a certain person whose name starts with m does talk with moses.

Anyways, idk how different this one is from the version I've received (can't even directly check, since the one I was left with was an encrypted maxscript), but if its close too the one I have, you don't want it to automatically export the JMOs; it'll be missing the base keyframe. Also, where did kornman release this, and is there other things there?

Also, all those H2 marine jokes, you do realize I've released a map with those tags without mentioning it, just to continue the trolling, right? I'm sure that map is available on the HMU archives.

You can find the source of the script and everything he posted here.
https://github.com/HaloMods/HaloContentToolScripts/tree/master/Halo1
https://github.com/HaloMods/HaloContentToolScripts/tree/master/Halo2
Edited by General_101 on Mar 28, 2018 at 02:26 PM

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Mar 28, 2018 02:57 PM    Msg. 9 of 10       
Yeah, that's where the script is from Kirby. If it's not exporting part of the jmo animation just let me know and I'll see about fixing it. I'm actually working on my own game right now so I'll get around to it when I can.

EDIT: Also Kirby, just send me the maxscript. I have a tool for converting it into an unencrypted maxscript. Did it for adjutants EMF Importer and found this lovely message at the bottom(censored as per the forum rules):
/***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Did you just decrypt my ****ing script, you little ****h?
I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 9,000 confirmed kills.
I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces.
You are nothing to me but just another target.
I will wipe you the **** out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my ****ing words.
You think you can get away with saying that **** to me over the Internet?
Think again, ****y.
As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the world and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot.
The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life.
You're ****ing dead, kid.
I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in 9,001 ways, and that's just with my bare hands.
Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable **s off the face of the continent, you little ***t.
If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your ****ing tongue.
But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you *****mn idiot.
I will ***t fury all over you and you will drown in it.
You're ****ing dead, kiddo.
***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************/

Edited by MosesofEgypt on Mar 28, 2018 at 03:04 PM

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Mar 28, 2018 09:08 PM    Msg. 10 of 10       
lol good meme

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed April 25, 2018 8:26 PM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website