A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »How do I fix this "error" (invisible walls)

Author Topic: How do I fix this "error" (invisible walls) (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

helldeath360

Posted: Mar 31, 2018 07:50 PM    Msg. 1 of 5       
When I look back the walls of the cave disappear, what can I do with it?

Edited by helldeath360 on Mar 31, 2018 at 07:52 PM

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Mar 31, 2018 11:01 PM    Msg. 2 of 5       
Have your portalled your level?
I'd say looking into portals
You can make it so that the level renders the specific parts of the level you want depending on where you are.

helldeath360

Posted: Apr 1, 2018 12:07 AM    Msg. 3 of 5       
Is there a tutorial of how to do that? I am new on this. This is a unique bsp I am making... those portals you are talking about... do I add them as a plane and what commando must I write. Or do I have to use scripts?

DeadHamster

Posted: Apr 1, 2018 06:50 PM    Msg. 4 of 5       
Quote: --- Original message by: helldeath360
Is there a tutorial of how to do that? I am new on this. This is a unique bsp I am making... those portals you are talking about... do I add them as a plane and what commando must I write. Or do I have to use scripts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SqygQGcPgU

This thread has some very very good info as well.

You want to create planes that section off large areas of the map. These planes must either be sealed with itself (like a cube), or extend pass the skybox/level geometry. When tool compiles them, it will cull it to an approximate shape of the geometry, and section off the map by that.

You can also use exact portals for interior/exterior sections. If you have any caves or buildings with interiors, seal up the entrance and apply a material called +exactportal to them. This will create a separate section.

Now, when you're not looking into that section of the map the game won't render it. Your map is likely very high-poly, the game can only render so many faces before it runs out of room. Sectioning it off with portals allows the game to only render what it needs to, which will increase performance as well.

helldeath360

Posted: Apr 3, 2018 07:03 AM    Msg. 5 of 5       
THANK YOU,I am gonna watch it

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon October 15, 2018 6:18 PM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website