A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Host LAN Server on devmode?

Author Topic: Host LAN Server on devmode? (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Anvindel

Posted: Apr 3, 2018 07:02 PM    Msg. 1 of 4       
Hello, I'm new to this so sorry if this is a stupid question. I am trying to play multiplayer with my brother on LAN using devmode. I tried where both our custom additions have the "-console" and "-devmode" in the properties and his computer without them. I tried to join using the Direct IP on the regular version but everytime I type in the Direct IP and password on his computer it says the server is full. I tried using alldev but couldn't get that to work even in singleplayer. I read that you can play multiplayer in devmode only on LAN. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for your time and any assistance.

SomeFan

Discordapp: SomeFan#0171

Posted: Apr 5, 2018 11:35 PM    Msg. 2 of 4       
so you can play LAN games normally with out Dev mode?

Anvindel

Posted: Apr 6, 2018 02:45 PM    Msg. 3 of 4       
Yes when I took devmode off I was able to get it to play. Also when I used DevTrainer we were able to play but it was very glitchy.

SomeFan

Discordapp: SomeFan#0171

Posted: Apr 7, 2018 12:34 AM    Msg. 4 of 4       
well than use ether HAC2(devmode 1) or Chimera(chimera_devmode true) to enable Developer mode once your in-game, not before.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed April 25, 2018 8:25 PM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website