A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Can't Find Spawn Point / Oversized BSP's

Author Topic: Can't Find Spawn Point / Oversized BSP's (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

DeadHamster

Posted: Apr 10, 2018 10:30 AM    Msg. 1 of 5       
Is anybody aware if Halo has an issue determining a spawn point when it has to take into account absurd distances in a single BSP? I have a box placed miles away from the main structure, with a spawn point for all games in the main structure. And when the game loads it won't spawn the player. I half-assed the scenario setup but have the spawnpoint/solo gametype/sky/starting profile setup properly. Is the issue the large area the game is trying to calculate?

SBB_Michelle

Floof

Posted: Apr 10, 2018 10:49 AM    Msg. 2 of 5       
I don't know, but if this box is for scripting purposes I suggest putting it closer to the level and connecting it to the level so it doesn't get unloaded and things in it don't freeze, which would break things like scripted biped kills.

DeadHamster

Posted: Apr 10, 2018 11:25 AM    Msg. 3 of 5       
This box is for AI spawning and scripting purposes.

A single encounter is generated and spawned by scripts using a modular encounter setup, for example

(ai_place cspawn/G+PP)
(ai_place cspawn/G-PP)
(ai_place cspawn/E+PR)

would place 1 grunt major with a plasma pistol, 1 minor and an elite with a plasma rifle.

I then move them to a dropship, and run (ai_migrate cspawn s1_e2) and the dropship drops them next to the firing points of the squad s1_e2 in the first BSP.

Since the spawn area is present on all BSPs, now I only need one script/encounter to place my AI, instead of 1 per BSP.

How would I go about doing what you suggested, while also maintaining the system described above? Is it a clustering issue where they get unloaded, or is it an issue of distance itself?

SBB_Michelle

Floof

Posted: Apr 11, 2018 02:08 PM    Msg. 4 of 5       
For MP scripting it's a cluster issue, which can be fixed by connecting the box trough a small tube. That's all I know.

DeadHamster

Posted: Apr 11, 2018 02:30 PM    Msg. 5 of 5       
Quote: --- Original message by: SBB_Michelle
For MP scripting it's a cluster issue, which can be fixed by connecting the box trough a small tube. That's all I know.

Thankfully I should be all clear regardless; it's for the Mombasa map and I was able to get it to spawn the character by replacing the spawn point and moving it. Might have been a bad location perhaps, not sure, but it doesn't look like my original post was accurate.

Also, the AI placed in the box are still active even when I'm on the main structure, so I shouldn't have issues with despawning. Thanks for all the assistance however.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed April 25, 2018 8:27 PM 110 ms.
A Halo Maps Website