A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »MCC Bringing Halo CE maps to Xbox

Author Topic: MCC Bringing Halo CE maps to Xbox (9 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Father Christmas

Posted: Apr 17, 2018 08:41 PM    Msg. 1 of 9       
Posted in latest blogpost on waypoint
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-update-3

EmmanuelCD

End my suffering

Posted: Apr 17, 2018 10:08 PM    Msg. 2 of 9       
Latino Johnlex bloodgulch mods in Xbox, no thanks...

DeadHamster

Posted: Apr 18, 2018 11:33 AM    Msg. 3 of 9       
It's most likely just be classic maps like Yoyorast. Actually, it's most likely to be nothing but a pet project.

FtDSpartn

AI fanatic and rookie programmer.

Posted: Apr 18, 2018 04:56 PM    Msg. 4 of 9       
Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
It's most likely just be classic maps like Yoyorast. Actually, it's most likely to be nothing but a pet project.

Well, considering they already have progress on HCE maps working in engine, I wouldn't be surprised to see a free map pack or something with HCE maps.

SomeFan

Discordapp: SomeFan#0171

Posted: Apr 19, 2018 12:40 AM    Msg. 5 of 9       

Halo Noob Modder117

I guess I'm just going to have to rip your tags

Posted: Apr 19, 2018 10:37 PM    Msg. 6 of 9       
As exciting as it sounds to be able to play HCE map mods on HTMCC (AI maps with friends and campaign mods in coop) I dunno...

I'd rather have 343i create their own map design tools or release what they utilise now- similar to a Creation Kit like Fallout for instance.

The current tools, methods and instructions are too old, irrelevant, buggy and rubbish compared to what can be programmed today as seen in other games.
Edited by Halo Noob Modder117 on Apr 19, 2018 at 10:40 PM

FtDSpartn

AI fanatic and rookie programmer.

Posted: Apr 19, 2018 10:52 PM    Msg. 7 of 9       
Quote: --- Original message by: Halo Noob Modder117

As exciting as it sounds to be able to play HCE map mods on HTMCC (AI maps with friends and campaign mods in coop) I dunno...

I'd rather have 343i create their own map design tools or release what they utilise now- similar to a Creation Kit like Fallout for instance.

The current tools, methods and instructions are too old, irrelevant, buggy and rubbish compared to what can be programmed today as seen in other games.
Edited by Halo Noob Modder117 on Apr 19, 2018 at 10:40 PM

If they created an editor for console as in-depth as that they might as well have just ported it to PC and made a better editor instead. And no console editor would be as versatile as a PC one.

1bobsam1

I win. You lose.

Posted: Apr 20, 2018 02:07 AM    Msg. 8 of 9       
This is honestly weird, I don't know if they're going to pay homage to Halo Custom Edition by bringing over a few well received/known maps or what. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Kornman (Sean) should ask them if he could get his hands on the actual Halo Custom Edition code and release us some goodies too basically implement all the community patches into the engine officially. I feel like once he shows of his skills with the engine and dedication to the cause he could pull some strings.
Edited by 1bobsam1 on Apr 20, 2018 at 02:11 AM

YottaBiter

ba dum tss!

Posted: Apr 21, 2018 01:57 PM    Msg. 9 of 9       
They better throw in giraffe's [xXx]BestMap or else..

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon July 16, 2018 11:47 PM 515 ms.
A Halo Maps Website