A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Help Error Tool++ Help

Author Topic: Help Error Tool++ Help (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

SaulXD

Posted: Apr 21, 2018 09:24 AM    Msg. 1 of 7       
good friends are going to be someone to help me with this error that appears when compiling the map with cmd and tool.exe I'm new to this but I really want to create a map for halo ce is my favorite game if someone helps me be very thankful

DeadHamster

Posted: Apr 21, 2018 10:30 AM    Msg. 2 of 7       
Hm, that's a new error code for me.

Don't use /

use \

tool lightmaps levels\tutorial\tutorial tutorial 0 0.9

\ tells Tool there's a new folder. Apparently it treats / as part of the filename. Never knew this until your post.

SaulXD

Posted: Apr 22, 2018 03:19 PM    Msg. 3 of 7       
then you do not know how to solve it. Another question I was thinking could be why I ask myself when I use this code tool structure levels / tutorial tutorial that I wonder something like which shader I wanted to use and they were listed from 1 to 9 I think and I think that you chose generic good I hope your answer truly I'm excited to create a halo map and I do not want these mistakes to ruin my emotion. I'm waiting for your response

MosesofEgypt

Posted: Apr 22, 2018 03:42 PM    Msg. 4 of 7       
If you don't know how to use tool and want something to help you with it, I recommend Pool. It's a wrapper for tool like tool++, but it explains more or less everything you'll need to know to use it. It also has a lot of conveniences that tool and tool++ dont have. You can find out more about it here.
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=50518

You can download it here:
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=50573

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Apr 23, 2018 07:00 AM    Msg. 5 of 7       
Quote: --- Original message by: SaulXD
then you do not know how to solve it. Another question I was thinking could be why I ask myself when I use this code tool structure levels / tutorial tutorial that I wonder something like which shader I wanted to use and they were listed from 1 to 9 I think and I think that you chose generic good I hope your answer truly I'm excited to create a halo map and I do not want these mistakes to ruin my emotion. I'm waiting for your response

I'm gonna take a wild guess and stake you're using Google Translate
If the shader thing is coming up that means you probably haven't named your shaders properly in the levels folder.
There should be as many .shader files as you have texture materials in 3DSMax.
Once the names of each match then try rebuilding your structure, it should work.

SaulXD

Posted: Apr 23, 2018 04:01 PM    Msg. 6 of 7       
If you don't know how to use tool and want something to help you with it, I recommend Pool. It's a wrapper for tool like tool++, but it explains more or less everything you'll need to know to use it. It also has a lot of conveniences that tool and tool++ dont have. You can find out more about it here.

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=50518

You can download it here:
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=50573

__________________________________________________________________________________
I would like to use it but I do not have 64 bit windows, there is no version for 32
Edited by SaulXD on Apr 23, 2018 at 04:06 PM

Spartan314

Former biped rigger & FP animator

Posted: Apr 23, 2018 11:11 PM    Msg. 7 of 7       
I don't speak Spanish. lo siento
Are you following a tutorial when making this map?

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun September 23, 2018 5:35 AM 344 ms.
A Halo Maps Website