A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Black Halo 1 Pistol REQUEST

Author Topic: Black Halo 1 Pistol REQUEST (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Luke007

Posted: Apr 28, 2018 04:29 PM    Msg. 1 of 4       
Hi guys, I would like to request the Halo 1 pistol, same damage, same shot to shot time / 12 shots, made black. I would like the shots to sound exactly like Halo 4's pistol and change the zoom sound to the pistol from the rev_ maps. If you see CMT_G3's pistol, I'd like to maybe change the sky blue to purple or black (?).

Edited by Luke007 on Apr 28, 2018 at 05:31 PM

HandofGod

Halo Mac/MD Player & Modder

Posted: Apr 28, 2018 05:46 PM    Msg. 2 of 4       
There's a few old school Halo 2 themed maps on here that have a Halo 1 pistol with black bitmaps (they tried to emulate the Halo 2 magnum with the Halo 1 pistol model). You could easily search for H2 Momentum on here and rip the pistol tags from it. Then add Halo 4 magnum sounds to it (from other H4 mods on here) and the Halo Revolution zoom sound (think it's Zteam but not sure).

Luke007

Posted: Apr 28, 2018 05:52 PM    Msg. 3 of 4       
Not sure how to do it myself but I may have @Holy Crust#4500 on discord; Halo 1 hub: "off topic". Thanks.
Edited by Luke007 on Apr 28, 2018 at 05:53 PM

Jobalisk

The haiku master。

Posted: May 16, 2018 05:03 PM    Msg. 4 of 4       
Ok, this is rediculously easy to do. Go into guerilla, load the pistol, download a .bitmap batch extractor off this site. Find the texture for the pistol in guerilla and view it to confirm its the right one. extract that bitmap using the batch extractor, load it into paint, repaint it black. Use tool to recompile your .tif or whatever, I think its TGA, its been a while, anyway. Recompile it as a bitmap, then copy the .weapon tag and the related shader tag for the pistol, make a new copy of the weapon tag called blackpistol.weapon or whatever, set the shader to the copy not the origonal. Open guerilla on the shader copy and set it so that the shader uses your new black pistol bitmap, add the new copy of the bit map and wala. you have a black pistol.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon July 16, 2018 8:53 AM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website