A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »model animation

Author Topic: model animation (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

BOUNTYHUNT3R541

Posted: May 3, 2018 11:17 PM    Msg. 1 of 5       
So I'm making a custom biped and imported the bones from the default marine to mine. I rigged everything and imported it into guerrilla while making a biped. After loading it into a map a get this error.

the model 'characters\test\test' and the animation graph 'characters\marine\marine' don't match
the object 'characters\test\test' will not animate
the model 'characters\test\test' and the collision model characters\marine_armored\marine_armored' don't match (region counts don't match)
the object 'characters\test\test' will not be collidable

DeadHamster

Posted: May 3, 2018 11:52 PM    Msg. 2 of 5       
Not all exporters properly calculate the node-list checksum

Open your model file, collision model, and animations. Each should have a number called Node List Checksum. It should be some ridiculous number, like 106238. If not, it'll probably be 0.

Either way, just make sure that all of those numbers are the same. Doesn't matter what number it is, so long as they match.

BOUNTYHUNT3R541

Posted: May 4, 2018 12:37 AM    Msg. 3 of 5       
I tried that and I still get the same error, I'm not really sure what's the deal

if I remove the animations and collision models i get the error of;
"units must have models and animation graphs"
Edited by BOUNTYHUNT3R541 on May 4, 2018 at 12:43 AM

DeadHamster

Posted: May 5, 2018 08:40 PM    Msg. 4 of 5       
Quote: --- Original message by: BOUNTYHUNT3R541
characters\marine_armored\marine_armored' don't match (region counts don't match)

Didn't see that at first. Something isn't right with the gbx_model/collision_model, not exactly sure what though. You should upload the 3DS Max file you have of the biped, I'd be able to download and take a look at the setup you have in max and see why it won't mesh with the stock animations/collision.

BOUNTYHUNT3R541

Posted: May 5, 2018 09:49 PM    Msg. 5 of 5       
Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
Quote: --- Original message by: BOUNTYHUNT3R541
characters\marine_armored\marine_armored' don't match (region counts don't match)

Didn't see that at first. Something isn't right with the gbx_model/collision_model, not exactly sure what though. You should upload the 3DS Max file you have of the biped, I'd be able to download and take a look at the setup you have in max and see why it won't mesh with the stock animations/collision.

i got it to work, forgot what i did tho

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun September 23, 2018 5:35 AM 156 ms.
A Halo Maps Website